Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:16 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:58 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 pm
Yeah well Saffers do quite well in South Africa when they arent being murdered for being Boehrs. Somehow they turned Africa into a breadbasket. Idk man. You say it is not the Boehrs fault they are so good at things like crop surpluses and I think you may be onto something. I've seen African "farmers" attempt to take over the Boehrs farms. Doesnt work so well. Idk. Almost like there is a huge IQ deficiency let alone an industrialized base to draw from.
I was responding to the notion that Africans were somehow "inferior but not inferior" because they didnt' build Great Civilizations.

If you want to dial down to the past 30 years in that specific part of Africa, I don't have much knowledge about it, other than to say that handing land to people that haven't worked it before isn't going to work out well. SA was practically enslaved by the Dutch for centuries.
The Mediterranean had Greece, Rome, Carthage, Egypt... All places with archeological ruins we're still finding (Gobekli Tepe in Turkey). South America is littered with great places from the , Mayans, Aztecs, Olmecs, etc. China has the Great Wall plus all kinds of tombs, the statues of the emperor's army, etc.

Outside of Egypt with its tombs/pyramids, or well Carthage - let's just say the very north of Africa, name one great work of architecture from say even 1000 years ago? (Long before European colonialization)

Then explain what the Africans were accomplishing of any note while the Mayans/Aztecs/Egyptians were building pyramids, the Greeks/Romans were building with huge pillars, arches, and amazing sculptures, or even the great walled castles and such of medieval Europe? Chiseling stone spearheads, while the rest of the world figured out copper, brass, iron...?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:35 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 pm
Ph64 wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I was responding to the notion that Africans were somehow "inferior but not inferior" because they didnt' build Great Civilizations.

If you want to dial down to the past 30 years in that specific part of Africa, I don't have much knowledge about it, other than to say that handing land to people that haven't worked it before isn't going to work out well. SA was practically enslaved by the Dutch for centuries.
The Mediterranean had Greece, Rome, Carthage, Egypt... All places with archeological ruins we're still finding (Gobekli Tepe in Turkey). South America is littered with great places from the , Mayans, Aztecs, Olmecs, etc. China has the Great Wall plus all kinds of tombs, the statues of the emperor's army, etc.

Outside of Egypt with its tombs/pyramids, or well Carthage - let's just say the very north of Africa, name one great work of architecture from say even 1000 years ago? (Long before European colonialization)

Then explain what the Africans were accomplishing of any note while the Mayans/Aztecs/Egyptians were building pyramids, the Greeks/Romans were building with huge pillars, arches, and amazing sculptures, or even the great walled castles and such of medieval Europe? Chiseling stone spearheads, while the rest of the world figured out copper, brass, iron...?
Yeah that guy is hilarious. He had a LOT of gold and is recorded single handedly destroying entire local economies by making it rain on his trek to mecca. Not sure but I have seen a lot of these supposed African forts where naysayers claim those were actually built by Europeans centuries ago. Apparently there was a large university there at some point though that was tapped into world trade so that is something.

I will say this; the ancient Egyptians hate to admit it but they were invaded and conquered by the kingdom of Kush at one point. Of course as soon as that happened they invited the Syrians to drive out the invaders and promptly attempted to wipe out any record of it. The kingdom of Kush was quite advanced by African standards.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:35 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 pm
Ph64 wrote:

Yeah that guy is hilarious. He had a LOT of gold and is recorded single handedly destroying entire local economies by making it rain on his trek to mecca. Not sure but I have seen a lot of these supposed African forts where naysayers claim those were actually built by Europeans centuries ago. Apparently there was a large university there at some point though that was tapped into world trade so that is something.

I will say this; the ancient Egyptians hate to admit it but they were invaded and conquered by the kingdom of Kush at one point. Of course as soon as that happened they invited the Syrians to drive out the invaders and promptly attempted to wipe out any record of it. The kingdom of Kush was quite advanced by African standards.
It was advanced by any standards. The Greeks were just inventing democracy around then.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Ph64 wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 pm
Yeah well Saffers do quite well in South Africa when they arent being murdered for being Boehrs. Somehow they turned Africa into a breadbasket. Idk man. You say it is not the Boehrs fault they are so good at things like crop surpluses and I think you may be onto something. I've seen African "farmers" attempt to take over the Boehrs farms. Doesnt work so well. Idk. Almost like there is a huge IQ deficiency let alone an industrialized base to draw from.

Greater Zimbabwe was built around 800 years ago.
The Benin bronzes were of such high quality it was thought no African could have made them.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:18 pm

French Climate Tax Protests Continue
(BBC)Protesters have scaled the Arc de Triomphe in central Paris, as clashes with riot police continued during a third weekend of "yellow vest" rallies.
Police fired tear gas, stun grenades and water cannon on the Champs-Elysées, while masked protesters hurled projectiles and set buildings on fire.
At least 110 people were injured, including 17 members of the security forces, and 270 arrests were made.
Protests over fuel tax have grown into general anger at higher living costs.
President Emmanuel Macron says his fuel policies are needed to combat global warming.

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Funny how French leftists are all in support of "doing something" about global warming/climate change...

...until it hits their wallets, then suddenly they're in the streets burning cars (because that's gonna help the environment :roll: ).

It's almost as if they didn't understand who was ultimately gonna be stuck paying for it. :think:

Otern

Post by Otern » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:09 am

Doing something to reduce carbon emissions is great. But these efforts aren't really reducing carbon emissions, since the people targeted by these policies still have to use their cars. And it's just targeting the people who already have the least to pay.

If they added taxes to aviation, it would make more sense, as that's primarily a luxury for most people, not a necessity. And the emissions are far greater per mile traveled than with cars, and the distances are greater. Yet, traveling by air is way cheaper than traveling by car. Cheaper, faster, and less environmentally friendly.

But those urbanites aren't going to make it more expensive to travel by airplane, because they like flying all across Europe during their holidays.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:21 am

Otern wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:09 am
Doing something to reduce carbon emissions is great. But these efforts aren't really reducing carbon emissions, since the people targeted by these policies still have to use their cars. And it's just targeting the people who already have the least to pay.

If they added taxes to aviation, it would make more sense, as that's primarily a luxury for most people, not a necessity. And the emissions are far greater per mile traveled than with cars, and the distances are greater. Yet, traveling by air is way cheaper than traveling by car. Cheaper, faster, and less environmentally friendly.

But those urbanites aren't going to make it more expensive to travel by airplane, because they like flying all across Europe during their holidays.
Many people around the world consider a car a luxury. This is how the left tries to justify taxing others. It's always someone else who needs to be taxed, but not them. They cheer on the idea of taxation as long as it doesn't directly affect their finances.

Just what is taxing supposed to do to help climate change? Politicians don't know how to handle any problem other than by taxing and handing out others people's money. Shifting money around in France doesn't make the earth's air any cleaner when a country like China is polluting more than the entire EU.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:55 am

He's starting to lose first responders.
Paramedics blocked the Place de la Concorde near the National Assembly in downtown Paris at 5:30 am local time, blaring their sirens and holding banners condemning government-mandated industry reforms, reports France Info.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... rebellion/
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:52 am