Net Neutrality

DBTrek

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I honestly haven't seen you make an argument in years, DB. That's not an insult. It's the truth. All you do is post snark and insult. People call you out on the most ridiculous things and you just monkey about.
I suspect this phenomenon is tied to your inability to recognize anyone’s arguments but your own.
Evidenced by the fact that you never actually engage anyone’s arguments, be they mine or any other forum users.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:So Mr. Muh Liberty thinks it's okay for Pajeet, whoever the fuck that clown is, to decide he has the authority to preempt state laws?

Jesus Christ this forum has gone to crazytown.
You don't what the fuck I think. No matter what argument I post, or what things I ask you to read, you ignore everything except that you want a tyranny that does only the tyrannical shit that you want it to do.

It's pretty clear you are for whatever profits business. The liberty bullshit is just that. You are supporting a corrupt FCC chairman taking for himself the authority to preempt state laws now. No accountability. No oversight. He just decided states don't have the right to enact their own net neutrality laws. You are cool with that. Those are the facts.

Well, guess what? That shit, I am fairly certain, is going to lose in the courts. The FCC does not have that authority.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Question to so-called "libertarians":

Why do you believe the FCC chairman has the authority to preempt state laws with respect to net neutrality?
You just made that narrative up, dummy.

You are slinging so much shit from the hip that you don't know whether you are coming or going.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Question to so-called "libertarians":

Why do you believe the FCC chairman has the authority to preempt state laws with respect to net neutrality?
You just made that narrative up, dummy.

You are slinging so much shit from the hip that you don't know whether you are coming or going.

No, that's the fact of the matter. This was not just an end to net neutrality with the FCC. This clown decided that ALL net neutrality laws are now verboten. It's right there in the last draft they published of the order. He also rescinded most consumer protections for broadband customers.

You people are fucking dumb. Really fucking dumb.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Answers inline.
Ask yourself this - who convinced you that Netlix and Amazon's loss to AT&T was also your loss? Talk about misidentifying. Dude, it doesn't matter if the content providers jack your service rates, or if the ISPs jack your access rates. Your rates will be jacked by some company somewhere. So who fooled you into being a foot soldier for Bezos?
Cuz you done been swindled.
Comparing Amazon or Netflix, which are purely elective services, to ISPs which in this day and age are right behind energy providers in terms of necessity is a completely disingenuous comparison. I haven't bought something off Amazon in almost 18 months (well, take that back, I downloaded an mp3 a few weeks ago) and I don't have a netflix or hulu account. That doesn't bother me going without for those things. In this day and age though, the internet has seeped into everything. Whether its getting a college degree, having a job, paying bills, or doing banking stuff, the internet is vital. For many of these things, you are forced to use the internet now and cannot perform these tasks offline. I'm not completely sold on how digitized our society has become, and I certainly didn't vote on it. That's just how it is though. With that in mind, I'm not a fan of these internet companies, which run areas of the country like their own fiefdoms, singing the blues to Congress and the public acting like they are in Stalag 17 because of Net Neutrality. I lived in Gville and only had comcast available to me. I never met a single person that had a single good thing to say about it. Even the creepy cult like Sillicon Valley companies have some fans, which tells me that they must make something of value. No one I have ever met has had anything good to say about Comcast. If there was actually competition available, that company would go bankrupt overnight. But Comcast and its ilk have made it so that no other ISPs and options are available, and now they have finagled a way to get even more money out of an already pissed off market. Maybe I am brainwashed, or maybe I don't buy your false equivalencies. Comparing Amazon to an ISP is a bit like comparing Sirius Satellite Radio to a highway you need to get to work every morning.
That's two separate issues, Net Leftality has never done anything to inject more ISP's into the market, it does not foster greater competition, the regulation you are seeking is called "local loop unbundling" and there was nothing in the Obama law with regards to that.
Well, you at least being honest about wanting more money. I don't think that will be good for the consumers, but whatever. Don't piss down my back and tell me its rain though. This aint gonna lead to a free market for ISPs. In fact, most people on this board would be fine with ending Net Neutrality if there was healthy competition and many different options for internet. The revocation is more of a bad thing.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:So Mr. Muh Liberty thinks it's okay for Pajeet, whoever the fuck that clown is, to decide he has the authority to preempt state laws?

Jesus Christ this forum has gone to crazytown.
You don't what the fuck I think. No matter what argument I post, or what things I ask you to read, you ignore everything except that you want a tyranny that does only the tyrannical shit that you want it to do.

It's pretty clear you are for whatever profits business. The liberty bullshit is just that. You are supporting a corrupt FCC chairman taking for himself the authority to preempt state laws now. No accountability. No oversight. He just decided states don't have the right to enact their own net neutrality laws. You are cool with that. Those are the facts.

Well, guess what? That shit, I am fairly certain, is going to lose in the courts. The FCC does not have that authority.
You're wrong about me, pal. But I'm here to be whatever you want me to be. Whatever you need me to be, to give you some meaning. Plenty of me to go around.

Also I'm fairly certain you being fairly certain about the Supremacy Clause being written away by Justice Repo Man and the SCOTUS gurlz is fairly certainly a fevered dream. :goteam:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm

I’d like to see a state enact NN by itself. The FCC shouldn’t interfere, it should say “Go right ahead and make the ISPs comply to the home brewed rules of your state borders”.
See how long that shit lasts when the ISP monopoly prices skyrocket and Comcast refuses to donate to the local bribeocracy.

No need to step in at all.
That fight is already a loser.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:57 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Well, you at least being honest about wanting more money. I don't think that will be good for the consumers, but whatever. Don't piss down my back and tell me its rain though. This aint gonna lead to a free market for ISPs. In fact, most people on this board would be fine with ending Net Neutrality if there was healthy competition and many different options for internet. The revocation is more of a bad thing.
I simply do not rally around the Democrat party base for a shriekfest, simply because the Republicans repealed a counterproductive regulation. That doesn't mean I am opposed to local loop unbundling to free you from Comcast, when the Democrats actually do that, let me know, but this regulatory virtue signalling to Obama's base which the GOP just repealed, had nothing to do with that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
I simply do not rally around the Democrat party base for a shriekfest, simply because the Republicans repealed a counterproductive regulation. That doesn't mean I am opposed to local loop unbundling to free you from Comcast, when the Democrats actually do that, let me know, but this regulatory virtue signalling to Obama's base which the GOP just repealed, had nothing to do with that.
If there was a Republican initiative to end local monopolies, I would be on board with that. But they like their rivals across the aisle, are bought out. This shouldn't be a partisan thing. People who use the internet are getting fucked over. Unless Republicans are offline or something, this will adversely affect them too.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:02 pm

DBTrek wrote:I’d like to see a state enact NN by itself. The FCC shouldn’t interfere, it should say “Go right ahead and make the ISPs comply to the home brewed rules of your state borders”.
See how long that shit lasts when the ISP monopoly prices skyrocket and Comcast refuses to donate to the local bribeocracy.

No need to step in at all.
That fight is already a loser.

Damn bro, you are for State Net Neutrality? You are a Hulu and Amazon shill! You've been swindled dude.

The prices would only skyrocket because the market isn't "free enough." People can always move to another state if they want to check their online banking.
Last edited by heydaralon on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai