Coronavirus thread

kybkh

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by kybkh » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:24 am

I will note something here:

Studies are showing some surprisingly simple ways to limit impact of virus:

OTC Pepcid and Antihistamines are study approved treatments to consider.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:44 am

kybkh wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:22 am
I got the Omicron. Took about 3 months to feel 95%, last 5% is still not a strong taste/smell response. Its coming back slowly but was whacked for about 4 weeks.

Its a weird fucking virus, no 2 ways about it. Never developed any cough or chest congestion. A 5 day brain fog was the worst "acute" symptom aside from taste and smell loss. Had shits and fever for about 72 hours. (they saying if you got the shits, you had a high viral load and a more robust antibody response for future infections)

Still not vaxxed, not planning on it. Gonna talk more to my Primary Care Dr about it, but i believe the "vax" has been shown to be nothing near what they promoted it to be and now Fauci has been disappeared.

First it was a one and done vax, then two and done, then 2 + booster, now seasonal, and even with all those "vax" shots you still gonna catch the variant because guess the fuck what, what your doctor told you in the 70s was pretty solid info, "there is no cure for the common cold". Now, idk about future mutations. History would suggest it gets weaker as it evolves.

However, if it turns out my daughter has VAIDS, you will have a 15 minute notice posted here before the livestream begins...
Omicron was the good one.

Definitely don't think your omicron experience is indicative of what delta is like.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:14 am

The first time I almost died. That was the delta variant. I wasn't prepared. I thought the vaccines would at least prevent hospitalization, but I didn't know about the immune problem because the government has been hiding the fact that GWS vets are all immunocompromised (pro tip: vets reading this who deployed to SW Asia in the 90s and received the same battery of shots we all did.. you need to get your immune system checked by an allergist, especially if you regularly get flues and colds).
Sorry to hear that you've had bad experiences. I fall into that category of veteran, but I had a really easy time with COVID. I have not had my immune system checked per say, but I tend to be pretty healthy. I know guys that were wrecked by their service there. Shit like MS.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:13 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:01 am

The first time I almost died. That was the delta variant. I wasn't prepared. I thought the vaccines would at least prevent hospitalization, but I didn't know about the immune problem because the government has been hiding the fact that GWS vets are all immunocompromised (pro tip: vets reading this who deployed to SW Asia in the 90s and received the same battery of shots we all did.. you need to get your immune system checked by an allergist, especially if you regularly get flues and colds).
Sorry to hear that you've had bad experiences. I fall into that category of veteran, but I had a really easy time with COVID. I have not had my immune system checked per say, but I tend to be pretty healthy. I know guys that were wrecked by their service there. Shit like MS.
Those of us with the chronic pain, chronic fatigue, etc. seem to have an immune disorder. The disability is actually an immune problem of some kind. It's ironically probably caused by the battery of shots they gave us, but there's no proof -- that's just the conclusion of the independent researchers the government hired. Nobody knows which shots, if it was limited to certain lots, or how some of them were stored or administered, or adjutants, or any of that. The shots are the only common denominator. There are guys who had orders to deploy, received the shots, but then got bumped off the orders. They have this and they are totally fucked because the government does not consider it "service-connected".

One thing you can do is just have your blood tested, which you should do probably at least twice per year anyway. Get your lab results printed out or emailed to you so you can see the raw data. Look for things like lymphocyte counts and a few other markers. You will see those things marked as low or high, depending on what they are or what is wrong if something is wrong. If you see something wrong there that is related to producing antibodies, then I would schedule an appointment. The VA is being really fucking sneaky about disclosing this vulnerability in Gulf War era vets.

But you need a competent doctor to actually read those results, and I can tell you most doctors have no idea what any of that shit means on your blood tests. I have to search far and wide myself. You can kind of educate yourself but all the medical science behind the basic definitions are pretty involved if you are talking about something like immune dysfunction.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:15 am

Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:13 am
C-Mag wrote:

Those of us with the chronic pain, chronic fatigue, etc. seem to have an immune disorder. The disability is actually an immune problem of some kind. It's ironically probably caused by the battery of shots they gave us, but there's no proof -- that's just the conclusion of the independent researchers the government hired. Nobody knows which shots, if it was limited to certain lots, or how some of them were stored or administered, or adjutants, or any of that. The shots are the only common denominator. There are guys who had orders to deploy, received the shots, but then got bumped off the orders. They have this and they are totally fucked because the government does not consider it "service-connected".

One thing you can do is just have your blood tested, which you should do probably at least twice per year anyway. Get your lab results printed out or emailed to you so you can see the raw data. Look for things like lymphocyte counts and a few other markers. You will see those things marked as low or high, depending on what they are or what is wrong if something is wrong. If you see something wrong there that is related to producing antibodies, then I would schedule an appointment. The VA is being really fucking sneaky about disclosing this vulnerability in Gulf War era vets.
Then you take care of yourself, protect yourself, and don't demand the rest of us become bedwetters because we may have a .03 chance of dying while you have a greater because you have issues.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:16 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:15 am
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:13 am
C-Mag wrote:

Then you take care of yourself, protect yourself, and don't demand the rest of us become bedwetters because we may have a .03 chance of dying while you have a greater because you have issues.

?

I make no demands of you except that maybe you learn some humility.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:21 am

You can make no demands on him or anyone else. That’s what we’re fighting against.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:25 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:21 am
You can make no demands on him or anyone else. That’s what we’re fighting against.
not me

I make all sorts of demands

if someone does not meet them, I don't have to respect them

I don't have to give someone the time of day if they are a complete fucking idiot
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:29 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:25 am
Martin Hash wrote:
not me

I don't have to give someone the time of day if they are a complete fucking idiot
“You don’t have to like or respect your allies, you only have to not disrespect them.” - me

“If someone is not your ally they are your enemy.” - me
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:30 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:29 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:25 am
Martin Hash wrote:
not me

“You don’t have to like or respect your allies, you only have to not disrespect them.” - me

“If someone is not your ally they are your enemy.” - me
you're a complete fucking idiot for allying yourself with a complete fucking idiot

just saying
Nec Aspera Terrent