Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Hastur wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:02 pm
I think the EU big wigs thinks that it is an existential necessity that the Brexit deal is as punitive as possible. No other member states should get any funny ideas again. Just think what message it would send if Britain where to prosper after Brexit. It can't be allowed to happen.
That’s something that nobody seems to be discussing either. They won’t make this an “amicable” divorce. They have to keep the other members in line.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Probably half the military capacity of Europe lies in the UK.

Burn that bridge at your peril, continentals.

French are not great allies to depend upon. Trust me. German troops are nearly nonexistent. Italian troops are pretty good, but not many of them.

You depend upon the Anglo world for your security from major powers. We could establish a new Anglo alliance and do just fine. Can the continentals do the same? I am not so sure. That ship seemed to have sailed in 1945.

Really, the Anglo alliance is in effect even if not on paper as it is.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:32 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:12 pm
Hastur wrote:
I think the EU big wigs thinks that it is an existential necessity that the Brexit deal is as punitive as possible. No other member states should get any funny ideas again. Just think what message it would send if Britain where to prosper after Brexit. It can't be allowed to happen.
That’s something that nobody seems to be discussing either. They won’t make this an “amicable” divorce. They have to keep the other members in line.
The 50 billion euro divorce bill was not even mentioned, by either side, during the Brexit campaign. The possibility that Brussels was going to squeeze hard seemed to come as a massive surprise to everyone.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:32 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:12 pm
Hastur wrote:
The 50 billion euro divorce bill was not even mentioned, by either side, during the Brexit campaign. The possibility that Brussels was going to squeeze hard seemed to come as a massive surprise to everyone.
Were I to weigh the decision... I too would disregard the financial cost of self determination.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:59 pm
Probably half the military capacity of Europe lies in the UK.

Burn that bridge at your peril, continentals.

French are not great allies to depend upon. Trust me. German troops are nearly nonexistent. Italian troops are pretty good, but not many of them.

You depend upon the Anglo world for your security from major powers. We could establish a new Anglo alliance and do just fine. Can the continentals do the same? I am not so sure. That ship seemed to have sailed in 1945.

Really, the Anglo alliance is in effect even if not on paper as it is.
"Italian troops are pretty good".... loses to Ethiopia....

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:00 pm

I am talking about now, not the 1920s and 30s.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:00 pm
I am talking about now, not the 1920s and 30s.
nmoore63 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:48 pm
about a transgender girl (played by breakout Victor Polster) training to become a ballerina....

with full frontal nudity of its star, then 15.
Europe's on board with paying 15 year old boys to get filmed nude as ballerinas... pretty sure none of them are still "pretty good."

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 am

New police tactic of knocking violent moped muggers off their bikes reduces moped theft by 44%.

Police in London say tough tactics used against suspected violent thieves on mopeds, including chasing them and knocking them off their bikes, have helped reduce crime.

The Metropolitan police said there had been a 44% reduction in thefts that involved mopeds or scooters since the tactics were adopted last year.

These include providing officers with a special marking spray to fire at suspects, using remote-controlled spikes to burst the tyres of bikes, and using police cars to knock suspects off their bikes.

Officers had been reluctant to chase mopeds, some driven at high speed by suspects as young as 14, amid fears of injury or death.

But Insp Jim Corbett said those who thought they would not be chased if they took off their helmets were in for a surprise: “A big myth that we have is that if people remove their helmets they think they are not going to be pursued.”

He said officers were told by one person they caught: “I took my helmet off as I thought you would stop chasing me.” That person, who was later jailed, rode on to the pavement. Officers deemed him a danger to the public and used “tactical contact” , to knock him off his scooter.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... lent-moped
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 am

Wow. That is hilarious. Don't get me wrong. But I don't think our cops could get away with hitting people who are not threatening the lives of anybody else.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:19 am

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 am
Wow. That is hilarious. Don't get me wrong. But I don't think our cops could get away with hitting people who are not threatening the lives of anybody else.
The coppers will have to justify the need to knock someone off their bike.
They are being trained to do it at the lowest possible speed and there have been no serious injuries yet.