Net Neutrality

DBTrek

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You're just wasting forum space. Try to formulate an argument, DB. Seriously. This is ridiculous.
Evidence that removing NN isn’t the beginning of the end times:

1. Today
2. Every day before 2015, stretching back to the formation of the solar system.

Now let’s hear your argument again, “muh Netflix”.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You're just wasting forum space. Try to formulate an argument, DB. Seriously. This is ridiculous.
Evidence that removing NN isn’t the beginning of the end times:

1. Today
2. Every day before 2015, stretching back to the formation of the solar system.

Now let’s hear your argument again, “muh Netflix”.
:lol:

Imagine if your binge watching of Stranger Things was all stuttering and shit.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

DBTrek wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I love it when you talk down to me. (u lie!) Its even better when you don't have an argument.(Your inability to understand an argument is entirely different than me not having one) Explain to me how this is gonna benefit you?(It's not about benefiting me. It's about not being a reactionary puppet for democrats and Silicon Valley) You haven't done that yet. I'm open to your thoughts on it. And yeah, sometimes big business aims do align with consumers. Companies selling ecryption works out for people who care about the fourth amendment etc. I'm just not impressed with the end regulation for free market argument. I may be naive for assuming that NN is the be all end all, but you are naive if you think ending it will lead us to Thomas Sowell land.
Answers inline.
Ask yourself this - who convinced you that Netlix and Amazon's loss to AT&T was also your loss? Talk about misidentifying. Dude, it doesn't matter if the content providers jack your service rates, or if the ISPs jack your access rates. Your rates will be jacked by some company somewhere. So who fooled you into being a foot soldier for Bezos?
Cuz you done been swindled.
Comparing Amazon or Netflix, which are purely elective services, to ISPs which in this day and age are right behind energy providers in terms of necessity is a completely disingenuous comparison. I haven't bought something off Amazon in almost 18 months (well, take that back, I downloaded an mp3 a few weeks ago) and I don't have a netflix or hulu account. That doesn't bother me going without for those things. In this day and age though, the internet has seeped into everything. Whether its getting a college degree, having a job, paying bills, or doing banking stuff, the internet is vital. For many of these things, you are forced to use the internet now and cannot perform these tasks offline. I'm not completely sold on how digitized our society has become, and I certainly didn't vote on it. That's just how it is though. With that in mind, I'm not a fan of these internet companies, which run areas of the country like their own fiefdoms, singing the blues to Congress and the public acting like they are in Stalag 17 because of Net Neutrality. I lived in Gville and only had comcast available to me. I never met a single person that had a single good thing to say about it. Even the creepy cult like Sillicon Valley companies have some fans, which tells me that they must make something of value. No one I have ever met has had anything good to say about Comcast. If there was actually competition available, that company would go bankrupt overnight. But Comcast and its ilk have made it so that no other ISPs and options are available, and now they have finagled a way to get even more money out of an already pissed off market. Maybe I am brainwashed, or maybe I don't buy your false equivalencies. Comparing Amazon to an ISP is a bit like comparing Sirius Satellite Radio to a highway you need to get to work every morning.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Love to see them do what? Expose this crony as having colluded with ISPs to jam this vote through? I'd love to see that too, and I am relatively certain the evidence is there to be gathered by hackers.
Pfft, we don't need some Guy Fawkes wannabee to tell us what is obvious... drink... please, you are sober.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 pm

heydaralon wrote: If Libertarians actually cared about shit like Civil Liberties...
heydaralon wrote:Imagine if Libertarians spent one tenth of the zeal they spent on defending Comcast, towards restoring the fourth amendment?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 pm

doc_loliday wrote:@sta In principle do you believe that a competitive ISP market would fix this?

Yes. But these same companies utterly destroyed competition in the 2000s. They literally bribed legislatures in most states to criminalize it. They locked down the lines too. You can't just run your alternative coax alongside their own now.

These cable companies bribed and colluded so that they would be unchallenged monopolies.

Then they set out to bilking content providers for cash in order to have access to broadband customers. Those fees eventually got taken out of consumers via increased subscription and rental costs.

The response to that after years of TWO administrations constantly having to tell them to cut it out was net neutrality. That's what ended it.

Now they bribed that out of existence even though the vast majority of Americans supported net neutrality. They even hoaxed most of the public contributions to make it look like more people supported ending net neutrality than not.

It's a fucking sham.

How can you defend this pile of shit? This Pajeet faggot even claims the authority now to preempt states from enacting their own net neutrality laws. Excuse me? Who gave the FCC the power to preempt state legislation??
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm

doc_loliday wrote: Imagine if your binge watching of Stranger Things was all stuttering and shit.

I’ll have to imagine. Netflix jacked my fees up a dollar last month for no fucking reason so I canceled. I mean, fuck, it’s the same goddamn data they were sending me last month for a buck cheaper, amirite? THERE SHOULD BE A LAW, FOLLOWED BY PUBLIC EXECUTIONS.

Whoop-whoop!
Last edited by DBTrek on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:http://m.nasdaq.com/symbol/nflx/real-time

We buy at the dip lads

Hold steady

Hold
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 pm

For a facts and reason guy, you seem pretty well bereft of facts or reason today, DB.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Actually internet will be coming through power lines soon

For now use satellite

Or read a book.

GET OFF MY INTERNET COMMIES