Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 am

It sounds like Trump and Giuliani are saying Cohen's father in law is dangerous, not that he is in danger, in an attempt to discredit Cohen by associating him with criminals.

Even someone as stupid as Trump (and no, he doesn't just speak like a blue collar Joe, most blue collar folks are able to follow a single idea from the start of a short sentence to its end without wandering off into the tall grass) knows that the best way to threaten a witness probably isn't twitter. Twitter is a good place to discredit a witness before the public though.

Pretending to feel threatened is a slick move for Cohen, since his career as a slimy fixer for assholes is pretty much over if he has to testify.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:31 am

He can't keep getting away with it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 am
It sounds like Trump and Giuliani are saying Cohen's father in law is dangerous, not that he is in danger, in an attempt to discredit Cohen by associating him with criminals.

Even someone as stupid as Trump (and no, he doesn't just speak like a blue collar Joe, most blue collar folks are able to follow a single idea from the start of a short sentence to its end without wandering off into the tall grass) knows that the best way to threaten a witness probably isn't twitter. Twitter is a good place to discredit a witness before the public though.

Pretending to feel threatened is a slick move for Cohen, since his career as a slimy fixer for assholes is pretty much over if he has to testify.
Let's hope that no one takes this as a "won't someone rid me of this troublesome preist" moment.
The deep state must be weighing up the pros and cons of assasinating the father in law right now.
Hillary will have put out multiple contracts on him using organised crime hitmen to incriminate Trump.

Most likely your dull conclusion is correct though. :snooty:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:14 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 am

Let's hope that no one takes this as a "won't someone rid me of this troublesome preist" moment.
The deep state must be weighing up the pros and cons of assasinating the father in law right now.
Hillary will have put out multiple contracts on him using organised crime hitmen to incriminate Trump.

Most likely your dull conclusion is correct though. :snooty:
Honestly, I just pray to Crom that nothing bad happens to Cohen's family members, because if I have to live through the Left's Seth Rich-style conspiracy madness... I swear to god, I will shoot up my whole school.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:17 am

Sure Cohen is slimy but is he delusional too?

Cohen's an attorney, he's not stupid enough to think the prosecution would let him off the hook from testifying while still giving him a deal.

He knows they could just offer to put him and his family in a witness protection program and have him testify anyway. This would at best be a stalling tactic, not slick, just desperate, but why's he so desperate to avoid testifying? Why's he risking the book, when he got a slap on the wrist?

He's fifty two. Three years in prison is nothing, and he could make a killing on a book deal, so he doesn't exactly need to preserve his slimy fixer career to survive.

Maybe it could all be explained by him still being loyal to Trump. They after all have known each other thirty years, he was deep in Trump's inner circle.

Or maybe he knows Trump well enough to know he's got dangerous connections, dangerous enough that he'd rather stay in prison than find out if he's bluffing.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:21 am

"Suicide" or it never happened.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:21 am
"Suicide" or it never happened.
Pretty sure you're thinking Hillary's lawyer, not Trump's. :roll:

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:39 am

I mean, still, the more I think about it, the other theories don't add up. The guy's already ratted, he's gone on the media and called Trump a liar, he squeaked about paying Stormy, his career as a fixer is effectively over, his relationship with Trump isn't going to be salvaged, so what gives? What would make a man at this point in his life not testify and not take the deal?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:47 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:17 am

Sure Cohen is slimy but is he delusional too?

Cohen's an attorney, he's not stupid enough to think the prosecution would let him off the hook from testifying while still giving him a deal.

He knows they could just offer to put him and his family in a witness protection program and have him testify anyway. This would at best be a stalling tactic, not slick, just desperate, but why's he so desperate to avoid testifying? Why's he risking the book, when he got a slap on the wrist?

He's fifty two. Three years in prison is nothing, and he could make a killing on a book deal, so he doesn't exactly need to preserve his slimy fixer career to survive.

Maybe it could all be explained by him still being loyal to Trump. They after all have known each other thirty years, he was deep in Trump's inner circle.

Or maybe he knows Trump well enough to know he's got dangerous connections, dangerous enough that he'd rather stay in prison than find out if he's bluffing.
I have no idea, but on reading the statements by Trump and Giuliani, I certainly didn't get to 'threatening.' I just got shit talking, and I need fewer steps and assumptions to get to 'Cohen is being a pain in the ass about this,' then I do to get to 'publicly trying to intimidate a witness.'
HAIL!

-Hwen

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:03 am

The fact remains the witness is claiming he was intimidated to the point he won't testify, thus jeopardizing his deal, when he has no plausible interest in jeopardizing that deal. Whether you find the statements threatening at a glance does not say whether he finds them threatening.

Perhaps Cohen is simply mistaken, but then who would know better when Trump is sending a message? You or Cohen? Cohen has served Trump for twelve years, would he not know best the dog whistles of his master?