By NJ standards Antifa is now a Domestic Terrorist group

MilSpecs

Re: By NJ standards Antifa is now a Domestic Twrrorist group

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Jamestown didn't completely fail. It lasted more than a century until folks moved away to the big city.

I'd like to see a comparison of hostilities faced from natives of each group.
I thought the founders of Jamestown went back to England? I had no idea it lasted that long.
:royalty-queen:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
that's a fairy tale, dude.

Roanoke and Jamestown were created to make money.

Then the Puritans got kicked out of England for starting trouble, and came to America, where they promptly got to work starting more trouble.
Amusing, but the question still stands... should we tolerate what this country was founded on?
Sure. Now let's spend ten pages arguing over what that is.

The first colonies were dudes and a few dudettes in severely austere environments, trying to make some money.

Seems like a good place to start a foundation.

First, you must work.
So you are saying it's Ok to berate people who say that it's not ok to welcome other cultures that want to subdue what made America great in the first place with the type of culture that they were trying to escape from in the first place?

Right... ok...
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 pm

The Conservative wrote:So you are saying it's Ok to berate people who say that it's not ok to welcome other cultures that want to subdue what made America great in the first place with the type of culture that they were trying to escape from in the first place?

Right... ok...
that is precisely what I'm saying. :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
The Conservative wrote:So you are saying it's Ok to berate people who say that it's not ok to welcome other cultures that want to subdue what made America great in the first place with the type of culture that they were trying to escape from in the first place?

Right... ok...
that is precisely what I'm saying. :lol:
Then you are a fool.
#NotOneRedCent

katarn

Post by katarn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Roanoke and Jamestown were created to make money.

Then the Puritans got kicked out of England for starting trouble, and came to America, where they promptly got to work starting more trouble.
Good summary. Historians think the "promptly got to work" part is why they succeeded and the lazy goats at Jamestown failed.
Jamestown didn't completely fail. It lasted more than a century until folks moved away to the big city.

I'd like to see a comparison of hostilities faced from natives of each group.
It didn't fail, but it was a really rocky start. Like, reported Donner Pass level first winters. The first few resupply convoys brought like a collective total of four girls and a lot of unskilled people (not general unspecified jack of all trade types, literally 'boys' without any practical ability). Then they got smart and brought people you might need for a city, like actually talented farmers, blacksmiths, etc.

On the ancestry game, I'll match the Mayflower compact signatory and Quakers, and raise to another family on the Mayflower, and a governor of the Republic of Texas so awesome he didn't even have to be at San Jacinto to get credit for it.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 pm

katarn wrote:On the ancestry game, I'll match the Mayflower compact signatory and Quakers, and raise to another family on the Mayflower,
Who from?
:royalty-queen:

katarn

Re: By NJ standards Antifa is now a Domestic Terrorist group

Post by katarn » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 pm

I'd have to ask the grandfather for the specifics; after he retired from the Army he spent much time researching everything he could think of. Also, there was a private Richard Henry Lee in the Revolution that he confounded for a while with the more well known person by that name.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace