Minn. officer acquitted in shooting of Philando Castile

The Conservative

Re: Minn. officer acquitted in shooting of Philando Castile

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:R U really People-Should-Be-Paid-What-They-Are-Worthing it? Dude, half the time you sound like a Marxist.

Uh... no..

I am saying that we should increase the standards of employment to the point where basic supply and demand will dictate higher salaries since there will be far, far fewer potential applicants.
And I'm saying you're overstating the requirements. It just takes someone who is self-aware & not on a power-trip.

People die of stupid stuff every day & we don't go soul-searching why the tree branch was in the road. This officer fucked up; he should be treated like an extreme lack of judgment, like drunk-driving for the 3rd time. The other million times, another officer would have done just fine.
The first time was a mistake, 2nd time was somewhat excusable, the third time...the guy got what he deserved.
#NotOneRedCent

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:19 pm

brewster wrote:As I said they're already being paid like primary care docs, or many other professions with FAR more training and qualifications. How much SHOULD THEY BE PAID??????

The kinds of people we have now are not worth what we are paying them in the first place.

I am talking about increasing the acceptance standards to such a point that higher compensation is not only warranted, but necessary to get those kinds of people into the career. You have to make policing a high-status occupation to attract them.
Speaker to Animals wrote:Police should have much higher compensation
So now you back off of that? Whatever. High pay and restricted membership does not necessarily equal high status, Master plumbers and electricians pull down bookoo bucks, but few 5 year olds are saying they want to be a plumber when they grow up. Traditionally uniformed services WERE high status, that kid and his dad both respected them, and it wasn't about the pay. Was it because they felt the cops were there to protect them, not to abridge their civil liberties wearing special forces drag? Especially in cities part of it is the cops don't live there, they're not neighbors, they're an occupying force.

Catch this one? attorney gets arrested for partaking of her constitutional right to keep silent.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... 79581.html
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 pm

brewster wrote:
brewster wrote:As I said they're already being paid like primary care docs, or many other professions with FAR more training and qualifications. How much SHOULD THEY BE PAID??????

The kinds of people we have now are not worth what we are paying them in the first place.

I am talking about increasing the acceptance standards to such a point that higher compensation is not only warranted, but necessary to get those kinds of people into the career. You have to make policing a high-status occupation to attract them.
Speaker to Animals wrote:Police should have much higher compensation
So now you back off of that? Whatever. High pay and restricted membership does not necessarily equal high status, Master plumbers and electricians pull down bookoo bucks, but few 5 year olds are saying they want to be a plumber when they grow up. Traditionally uniformed services WERE high status, that kid and his dad both respected them, and it wasn't about the pay. Was it because they felt the cops were there to protect them, not to abridge their civil liberties wearing special forces drag? Especially in cities part of it is the cops don't live there, they're not neighbors, they're an occupying force.

Catch this one? attorney gets arrested for partaking of her constitutional right to keep silent.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... 79581.html

No, dumbass.

I am saying that the pay for police should be increased dramatically commensurate with a dramatic increase in entry requirements, and that many of the cops we have now not only shouldn't cut it in such a system, but probably aren't even worth the salary we are paying them.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 pm

No, dumbass.

I am saying that the pay for police should be increased dramatically commensurate with a dramatic increase in entry requirements, and that many of the cops we have now not only shouldn't cut it in such a system, but probably aren't even worth the salary we are paying them.
If $90k base plus obscene bennies, plentiful OT and retirement in your 40's isn't enough for someone whose qualifications are some military service or an associate's degree, what is? Who are you going to entice? It's already more than most bachelors and Masters degree holders can ever hope to make. You expect some kid who would otherwise be getting a an MD, JD or MBA to go for it?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 pm

brewster wrote:
No, dumbass.

If $90k base plus obscene bennies, plentiful OT and retirement in your 40's isn't enough for someone whose qualifications are some military service or an associate's degree, what is? Who are you going to entice? It's already more than most bachelors and Masters degree holders can ever hope to make. You expect some kid who would otherwise be getting a an MD, JD or MBA to go for it?

Because I am saying those qualifications are too low. Do you comprehend English?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 pm

So basically you're saying we should pay even more?!??!

(I'm actually trying to convince StA that he's losing his mind, and/or no one on this forum speaks English)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Go back and watch that video and realize that this guy met the minimum qualifications. He couldn't figure out that his instructions were actually being followed because they were too abstract and the two men were operating under differing assumptions about what was going on. He lost his shit and started crying too.

Can we maintain police with low standards like we do today? Sure. But stop crying to me about all the times the cops stupidly cause fatalities and unnecessary shootings. I don't want to hear it from you when you opposed raising the minimum standards to be a police officer.

The standards that exist in most police departments are fucking abysmal. Most of them are required to shoot only once or twice a year. The average CCW holder has better marksmanship than the average city cop. Hell, Philando Castile probably had better marksmanship skills than the cop who shot him to death because the cop can't formulate explicit commands to communicate properly.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: Because I am saying those qualifications are too low. Do you comprehend English?
Raising qualifications are irrelevant if the pay is already high to raise qualifications. This is fucking circular. You say pay more and you can raise qualifications. HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY??? If they're already 180% the local median income, then what? 300%? 400%? What's your goal qualification? It's already higher here than most Bachelors make.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:44 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: Because I am saying those qualifications are too low. Do you comprehend English?
Raising qualifications are irrelevant if the pay is already high to raise qualifications. This is fucking circular. You say pay more and you can raise qualifications. HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY??? If they're already 180% the local median income, then what? 300%? 400%? What's your goal qualification? It's already higher here than most Bachelors make.

Negative. The pay for cops is commensurate with somebody who has an associates degree and takes some risks on the job. About 50k outside the cities (at most) for entry level.

Drastically raising the entry requirements necessarily drastically decreases the labor pool which, if you were paying attention in Econ 101, causes the price point to increase.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:45 pm

brewster wrote:
StA is all about authority & force of arms. He thinks soldiers & policemen should run society.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change