FOX News is Next

ssu

Re: FOX News is Next

Post by ssu » Sat May 27, 2017 1:17 am

Fox News in Next?

Or Fox News isn't so popular anymore?
For more than a decade, Fox News has dominated the cable news ratings with a potent mix of center-right daytime news shows and hard-right prime-time opinion shows—a menu devoured by the largely older, red-state Americans who make up the network’s loyal audience. The network finished 2016 as the most-watched channel in all of basic cable, and in the first months of 2017 it shattered its own ratings records, posting the most-watched quarter in cable TV history. Its remarkable run continued through the first week of this May when it bested center-left CNN and left-leaning MSNBC in key metrics every night.

But Comey’s firing marked a turning point. The previous night, MSNBC had posted a rare win over Fox News in prime-time ratings among viewers age 25–54, the key demographic for advertisers. The night he was sacked, Fox News plummeted to third in that metric, behind both MSNBC and CNN. Its fortunes have continued to flag since then. Last week, for the first time since Bill Clinton was president, Fox News came in last of the big three cable news networks in weekly prime-time ratings for the 25–54 demographic. MSNBC beat it in total prime-time viewership, too.
See Fox News Is Losing Its Grip

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat May 27, 2017 4:07 am

jbird4049 wrote:I think what's getting lost is that the Democratic Party is not Liberal, and the Republican Party is not Conservative. They say they are, but really the stated ideologies are merely camouflage for the con game with us as the suckers. The sad part is that the are still politicians, activists, Americans who are honest and truly want to enact liberal or conservative policies but they become enmeshed in the con game.
The people who run the con are clearly more afraid of Repubs otherwise they would not have allowed them to lose the culture war by this much.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat May 27, 2017 5:37 am

DBTrek wrote:Sure.
Everyone has started utilizing the internet.
I would ask you what platform conservatives control?
I would submit Twitter, FaceBook, Reddit, and Tumblr as platforms liberals control.

Reddit I would say is equal, 4chan is controlled by the right, YouTube despite googles best efforts. And Tumblr? :lol: That's like contracting leprosy and bragging you control it.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat May 27, 2017 5:45 am

4chan is controlled by the right
Incorrect. Remember /pol/ harbor.

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/N/

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat May 27, 2017 5:47 am

Martin Hash wrote:You'll need to point to an example of what you mean on The Left so I know what you're talking about. Competent Righties go into business, and Lefties go into education. That explains it.
Yeah, whats the big Idea here? Wondering why people who grew up with individualist ideologies not take a collective action on a bunch of collectivist institutions? Get used to it liberals are the establishment, we are the rebels.

Dand

Post by Dand » Sat May 27, 2017 6:05 am

ssu wrote:Fox News in Next?

For more than a decade, Fox News has dominated the cable news ratings with a potent mix of center-right daytime news shows and hard-right prime-time opinion shows—a menu devoured by the largely older, red-state Americans who make up the network’s loyal audience. The network finished 2016 as the most-watched channel in all of basic cable, and in the first months of 2017 it shattered its own ratings records, posting the most-watched quarter in cable TV history. Its remarkable run continued through the first week of this May when it bested center-left CNN and left-leaning MSNBC in key metrics every night.

But Comey’s firing marked a turning point. The previous night, MSNBC had posted a rare win over Fox News in prime-time ratings among viewers age 25–54, the key demographic for advertisers. The night he was sacked, Fox News plummeted to third in that metric, behind both MSNBC and CNN. Its fortunes have continued to flag since then. Last week, for the first time since Bill Clinton was president, Fox News came in last of the big three cable news networks in weekly prime-time ratings for the 25–54 demographic. MSNBC beat it in total prime-time viewership, too.
See Fox News Is Losing Its Grip
They just fired their biggest show and lost many O'Reiley viewers.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 27, 2017 6:57 am

ssu wrote:Fox News in Next?

Take away the people who made it so and what happens? (Are you trying to be dense?)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:27 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:I think what's getting lost is that the Democratic Party is not Liberal, and the Republican Party is not Conservative. They say they are, but really the stated ideologies are merely camouflage for the con game with us as the suckers. The sad part is that the are still politicians, activists, Americans who are honest and truly want to enact liberal or conservative policies but they become enmeshed in the con game.
The people who run the con are clearly more afraid of Repubs otherwise they would not have allowed them to lose the culture war by this much.
Which culture war?

The Democratic Party has their nice island chain of brainwashed suckers where one kind of "culture" has root, and the Republican Party has their nice warm sea of brainwashed suckers where another kind of "culture" is floating about.

One can make a good argument on who is winning, but much of this is the result of the Parties carving out areas of control, and the wealthy elites dumbing down the media for profit.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 27, 2017 4:40 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Which culture war?

The Democratic Party has their nice island chain of brainwashed suckers where one kind of "culture" has root, and the Republican Party has their nice warm sea of brainwashed suckers where another kind of "culture" is floating about.

One can make a good argument on who is winning, but much of this is the result of the Parties carving out areas of control, and the wealthy elites dumbing down the media for profit.
Touchdown.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kill the King

Post by Kill the King » Sat May 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Call me a sheep but I turned to FOX news to weed out the bullshit. When ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN all run the same shit you need a different view. It's sad that his kids have been influenced by outside sources. When I cycle through my sources on line I include FOX even though half the time they're full of shit.

You can read the same story at 5 different sites and get totally different perspectives. Crazy the way journalists have become opinionated. I think the entire profession of being a journalist is gone. Gone is the day of investigative reporting. Now it all has a side. Really sad.