Total votes: 17

apeman

Re: Who do you want to win?

Post by apeman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:08 am

Thanks adwin

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:56 am

adwinistrator wrote: Smitty, weren't you the one cheering on Flynn and the DIA taking the reins?
Mission before men, the person taking the reins, is Donald J. Trump, Flynn is an advisor, he serves at the pleasure of the President, it's not about Flynn, it's all about the President, it's not Westminster, Trump is not Prime Minister, he is Commander-in-Chief, Flynn needs to do whatever the President wants him to do, and Flynn will be in the meetings, so he will have his say, again, I don't see a Flynn v. Bannon here, everybody will have their input, It's a big table, just do your fucking jobs, and the rest will take care of itself.

If they don't do their jobs? Then fire them in 2020, what's the big whoop? There's no election for another 46 months, why don't you just sit back, relax, and get comfortable, cause it's gonna be a while?
Nec Aspera Terrent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
adwinistrator wrote: Smitty, weren't you the one cheering on Flynn and the DIA taking the reins?
Mission before men, the person taking the reins, is Donald J. Trump, Flynn is an advisor, he serves at the pleasure of the President, it's not about Flynn, it's all about the President, it's not Westminster, Trump is not Prime Minister, he is Commander-in-Chief, Flynn needs to do whatever the President wants him to do, and Flynn will be in the meetings, so he will have his say, again, I don't see a Flynn v. Bannon here, everybody will have their input, It's a big table, just do your fucking jobs, and the rest will take care of itself.

If they don't do their jobs? Then fire them in 2020, what's the big whoop? There's no election for another 46 months, why don't you just sit back, relax, and get comfortable, cause it's gonna be a while?
I hear ya, we're obviously on the sidelines, nothing to do but sit back and watch what happens.

The reason I brought this all up is because I felt a lot of people were more pumped about Flynn's influences in this administration, while others were more pumped about Bannon.

I was expecting to see Bannon as head advisor for political and domestic affairs, Flynn for national security, with Mattis involved on military obviously.

I certainly didn't expect to see Bannon on the NSC, or to put the CIA Director back on, even though there's still a DNI...

I think Bannon and Flynn agree on a lot (ISIS, Iran, WoT), but I also think there's a lot about Bannon that Flynn would disagree with (China). It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I just wanted to know how you'd all prefer it to play out, who you'd want to be Trump's Kissinger/Brzezinski/Scowcroft.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:22 am

I don't recall the Trump supporters being Flynn v. Bannon, again, this is just a liberal media narrative being generated by the opposition, if you are a Trump supporter, I would expect that you are pumped about Flynn and Bannon, Bannon and Flynn.

Me, I'm Canadian, I only get pumped if it's Toronto Maple Leafs related.

But even then, it's not about Auston Matthews v. Mitch Marner, they are both Maple Leafs, they play on the same team, last night they were playing on the same line for the first time; pumped.
Nec Aspera Terrent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:29 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't recall the Trump supporters being Flynn v. Bannon, again, this is just a liberal media narrative being generated by the opposition, if you are a Trump supporter, I would expect that you are pumped about Flynn and Bannon, Bannon and Flynn.

Me, I'm Canadian, I only get pumped if it's Toronto Maple Leafs related.
I don't mean Trump supporters were Flynn vs. Bannon, but that some Trump supporters were more enthusiastic about the policy implications of one advisor or the other.

If I went back 3 months ago and asked about how Steve Bannon's role would affect national security policy, I would have gotten a lot of answers asking "wtf are you talking about? That's 100% Gen. Flynn."

Things have changed, and that is not a "liberal media narrative"

I can 100% understand someone being fine with both people in the mix, when it comes to national security, but don't pretend it is completely normal and was totally expected.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 am

Let's be honest here. Trump doesn't ooze with any special insight on how the world operates. He is solely dependent on the expertise around him to inform his decisions and he knows that.

The deciding factor for Trump in most decisions will probably be the "likelihood of success".

I don't see him as planting a big stake in the ground saying "this is what I want to do, tell me how to do it". I see him as saying: "tell me what you want to do, tell me why you want to do it and if I believe we can succeed we will green light it".

That's what business people do. They don't start the day saying "I am only willing to make money by selling soap even if I can be making more money selling cars".

They bring in their upper management, ask for ideas, listen to the nay-sayers and experts, then makes a decision usually based on their gut feeling on what is more likely to succeed.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:36 am

Again, there's no dissention in the Trump ranks that I can see, other than that which is being fabricated by the Liberal Media, the Democrats, John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Adwinistrator, and ssu.

I mean, there's some seriously hardcore Trump supporters around here, and as far as I can tell, they are pretty much completely unified at this point, the only people talking about problems, are concern trolls, the Trump supporters seems to be as happy as clams in shit at this juncture, telling concern trolls to go neck themselves notwithstanding.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Dand

Post by Dand » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:46 am

Basically, Trump has won and is winning but there's a lot of psychological warfare trying to convince us otherwise.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Again, there's no dissention in the Trump ranks that I can see, other than that which is being fabricated by the Liberal Media, the Democrats, John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Adwinistrator, and ssu.

I mean, there's some seriously hardcore Trump supporters around here, and as far as I can tell, they are pretty much completely unified at this point, the only people talking about problems, are concern trolls, the Trump supporters seems to be as happy as clams in shit at this juncture, telling concern trolls to go neck themselves notwithstanding.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, and explaining your view of the political landscape.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:50 am

McCain and Graham...when I catch the cancer and I am down to my last 8 weeks to live they both better watch their backs.

I hate them both intensely. How Lispin' Lindsey keeps getting sent back to the DC is beyond me.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama