Trump's SCOTUS

K@th

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:51 pm

The whole discussion becomes a moot point if abortion is off the table. Men get to support for 18 full years in that reality.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:52 pm

MilSpecs wrote:We're talking about establishing a relinquishment process for prospective fathers, not current practice. I would think that you'd be in favor of this type of process. It would be much more fair to men.

I know you were talking to Kath, but why would there have to be an adoptive second parent? There isn't now. As she pointed out, how the cost would be borne is a concern and there will certainly be the problem of fathers relinquishing on paper only, but like current welfare practices it would be a relatively small segment of the population.
LOL, why would you say that I'm in favor of a process helping prospective fathers abandon their children? Unless you just assume that I favor fathers over their children?

In case you need some clarification, I favor children, not fathers or mothers, when it comes to protecting the people who need protecting.

Is that clear?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Kath wrote:The whole discussion becomes a moot point if abortion is off the table. Men get to support for 18 full years in that reality.

This is the kind of outrageous female privilege that revolts me, though. You are sitting here deciding which men women should be allowed to enslave with unconstitutional child support and alimony awards, and using the lives of babies as leverage.

Feminist women seek to destroy the lives of men and children, and half of women are not even on board with abortion as it is. That's a losing strategy long term.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:We're talking about establishing a relinquishment process for prospective fathers, not current practice. I would think that you'd be in favor of this type of process. It would be much more fair to men.

I know you were talking to Kath, but why would there have to be an adoptive second parent? There isn't now. As she pointed out, how the cost would be borne is a concern and there will certainly be the problem of fathers relinquishing on paper only, but like current welfare practices it would be a relatively small segment of the population.
LOL, why would you say that I'm in favor of a process helping prospective fathers abandon their children? Unless you just assume that I favor fathers over their children?

In case you need some clarification, I favor children, not fathers or mothers, when it comes to protecting the people who need protecting.

Is that clear?
No, try shouting.

The children's interests should always come first, but the current system doesn't seem to be working well.
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:

Is that clear?
No, try shouting.

The children's interests should always come first, but the current system doesn't seem to be working well.

pffffft. When it comes to due process of law:

Child > Mother

Child > Father

Child first. Shouting won't help for you, there's not much I can do to say it louder. Do you need ALLCAPS?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:03 pm

You're missing every old pop culture reference I'm throwing out today.

You're preaching to the choir about children's rights, but do you really think the current system is working for them?

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:07 pm

MilSpecs wrote:You're missing every old pop culture reference I'm throwing out today.

You're preaching to the choir about children's rights, but do you really think the current system is working for them?
No the current system is not working for children.

The state is fucking up life for children, which makes the system bad.

The current system is bad for children.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:You're missing every old pop culture reference I'm throwing out today.

The state is fucking up life for children, which makes the system bad.
Their parents aren't much better. You work with them - don't you ever want to just slap them upside the head, or take the kids and run?

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:14 pm

What's the solution? Lock up fathers who refuse to parent?
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Holy shit, Kath. For the most part, fathers are being alienated from children because women want that child support cash.