Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:51 am

You guys can write a little Norwegian folk ballad about your lost ship now.

The legend lives on from old Bergan on down of the warship they call Helge Ingstad..

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 pm

I mean, we managed to sink that ship twice. And it's really a destroyer, not a frigate. It just made sense politically to call it a frigate at the time.

First sink it through incompetence by the crew and command. Put "the best men and women" at the job of securing the ship to the land, so it won't slide out. "We've secured it now, and are getting ready to transport and repair it". Then fail to secure it properly, don't even fasten the wires correctly. It breaks loose, slides out, and gets fully submerged.

NATO got its first submarine AEGIS system yesterday, and it's embarrassing.

I'm kind of glad it got 100% fucked though. It will be cheaper than repairing it. Just wish it sunk somewhere too deep to raise, so we wouldn't need to waste any more money on this fucked up situation.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:00 am

Otern wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 pm
I mean, we managed to sink that ship twice. And it's really a destroyer, not a frigate. It just made sense politically to call it a frigate at the time.

First sink it through incompetence by the crew and command. Put "the best men and women" at the job of securing the ship to the land, so it won't slide out. "We've secured it now, and are getting ready to transport and repair it". Then fail to secure it properly, don't even fasten the wires correctly. It breaks loose, slides out, and gets fully submerged.

I'm kind of glad it got 100% fucked though. It will be cheaper than repairing it. Just wish it sunk somewhere too deep to raise, so we wouldn't need to waste any more money on this fucked up situation.
Rename it the Titanic III
#NotOneRedCent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:36 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:00 am
Otern wrote:

Leave it on the bottom for 333 years then pick it up and build a museum around it. Worked great over here.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:59 am

Hastur wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:36 am
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:00 am
Otern wrote:

Leave it on the bottom for 333 years then pick it up and build a museum around it. Worked great over here.

You don't even need a whole boat.
After nearly 500 years there was only half of the Mary Rose left.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:52 am

Goddamn that’s hilarious
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Holy shit does Norway even know how to boat? What a joke. Somalian pirates could run circles around their entire navy. I bet our coast guard could wipe it off the map. Just lol @ Norway.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:51 am
You guys can write a little Norwegian folk ballad about your lost ship now.

The legend lives on from old Bergan on down of the warship they call Helge Ingstad..
No storm took her down, with a tanker ran afoul, in the war games they called Trident Juncture...

Run aground they did think, would save her from a sink, but the sea too her down without mercy...

Otern

Post by Otern » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:07 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:24 pm
Holy shit does Norway even know how to boat? What a joke. Somalian pirates could run circles around their entire navy. I bet our coast guard could wipe it off the map. Just lol @ Norway.
I wouldn't know about Somalian pirates. But Nigerian pirates would have no reason to start fighting the Norwegian navy, as we're their main supplier of warships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauk-class_patrol_boat
We ran an upgrade program on these boats, but never took it in back in service after the upgrade. Instead, we decommissioned them, sold them off to a shell company owned by a Nigerian warlord, and he in turn used them for piracy around the Niger delta. Even took a Norwegian tanker at one point.

No, I'm not even joking.
https://www.newsweek.com/tompolo-niger- ... oil-616154

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:40 am

Hot