Net Neutrality

Smitty-48

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:It's only literally hitler when people want to put checks on huge corporations. Its not literally Hitler when corporations and their shills (who don't recieve any benefit) whine about not being able to squeeze even more blood from a turnip... How does that work?
When you cancel your internet service, that will be the sign that you can't afford it anymore, and we will adjust accordingly, but until then, fetch the milking machine, wot?
What was your main gripe with NN Smitty? What is so bad about it?
I prefer large stable corporations which pay steady dividends over time, otherwise known as "blue chip" assets, anything which prevents those large stable blue chip corporations from extracting maximum value for the goods and services which they own, is clearly not in my interest.

I own those corporations, those corporations are me.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 pm

PROTECT /OUR PAJEET/ FROM REDDITORS

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:20 pm

heydaralon wrote:I love it when you talk down to me. (u lie!) Its even better when you don't have an argument.(Your inability to understand an argument is entirely different than me not having one) Explain to me how this is gonna benefit you?(It's not about benefiting me. It's about not being a reactionary puppet for democrats and Silicon Valley) You haven't done that yet. I'm open to your thoughts on it. And yeah, sometimes big business aims do align with consumers. Companies selling ecryption works out for people who care about the fourth amendment etc. I'm just not impressed with the end regulation for free market argument. I may be naive for assuming that NN is the be all end all, but you are naive if you think ending it will lead us to Thomas Sowell land.
Answers inline.
Ask yourself this - who convinced you that Netlix and Amazon's loss to AT&T was also your loss? Talk about misidentifying. Dude, it doesn't matter if the content providers jack your service rates, or if the ISPs jack your access rates. Your rates will be jacked by some company somewhere. So who fooled you into being a foot soldier for Bezos?
Cuz you done been swindled.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm

You're just wasting forum space. Try to formulate an argument, DB. Seriously. This is ridiculous.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Image
Pfft, let them... I'd love to see them do it.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Love to see them do what? Expose this crony as having colluded with ISPs to jam this vote through? I'd love to see that too, and I am relatively certain the evidence is there to be gathered by hackers.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 pm

DBTrek wrote:Answers inline.
Ask yourself this - who convinced you that Netlix and Amazon's loss to AT&T was also your loss? Talk about misidentifying. Dude, it doesn't matter if the content providers jack your service rates, or if the ISPs jack your access rates. Your rates will be jacked by some company somewhere. So who fooled you into being a foot soldier for Bezos?
Cuz you done been swindled.
Indeed, but in addition, these Net Leftality screechers are not in the majority and they don't put their money where their mouths are. It's a noisey minority which is outvoted by the market, the market wants stable returns, and the screechers can't live without their internet, ergo, cha-ching.

It's not like we're selling them tobacco here.

Mind you, Phillip Morris at 3.91% dividend, that's a buy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:34 pm

@sta In principle do you believe that a competitive ISP market would fix this?

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:34 pm

doc_loliday wrote:@sta In principle do you believe that a competitive ISP market would fix this?
Of course. Competition is always good for the consumer. Always.
Account abandoned.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 pm

http://m.nasdaq.com/symbol/nflx/real-time

We buy at the dip lads

Hold steady

Hold