Net Neutrality

DBTrek

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 am

How do StA’s personal disappointments always become the death knell of presidents, parties, and nations?

The man stubs his toe on a table and suddenly that’s evidence that the Republican Party is doomed and white Protestantism is on the verge of annihilation.

Then he’s mad that people don’t take him seriously.
:think:
Last edited by DBTrek on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 am

It's only literally hitler when people want to put checks on huge corporations. Its not literally Hitler when corporations and their shills (who don't recieve any benefit) whine about not being able to squeeze even more blood from a turnip... How does that work?
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 am

DBTrek wrote:How do StA’s personal disappointments always become the death knell of presidents, parties, and nations?

The man stubs his toe on a table and suddenly that’s evidence that the Republican Party is doomed and white Protestantism is on the verge of annihilation.

Then he’s mad that people don’t take him seriously.
:think:

Still waiting for your facts and reason, DB.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 am

heydaralon wrote:It's only literally hitler when people want to put checks on huge corporations. Its not literally Hitler when corporations and their shills (who don't recieve any benefit) whine about not being able to squeeze even more blood from a turnip... How does that work?
Why so mean to Nexflix tho? Nexflix is fighting for *you,* broham.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:49 am

heydaralon wrote:It's only literally hitler when people want to put checks on huge corporations. Its not literally Hitler when corporations and their shills (who don't recieve any benefit) whine about not being able to squeeze even more blood from a turnip... How does that work?
It’s adorable that heydaralon stills sees this as huge corporations vs individuals. Like he had skin in the game.
A testament to the gullibility of the American consumer no doubt.

“Fuck, power just shifted from Amazon and Netflix to AT&T and Verizon. Way to fuck the little guy, Trump!!!!”

Lolz

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:49 am

The FCC fears the Pajeet

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Guys this bill that is crony capitalism defined is necssary to end crony capitalism. :lol:

I'm sure Comcast execs are perusing Hayek's Road to Serfdom right now to make sure that their new business model meets the standard of a free market and suits their customers the best...
"Comcast is literally Hitler! There outta be a law!"
Net Neutrality is literally Hitler! It is despicable that my ISP can't charge me more and deliver a worse service! I am literally sitting in Anne Frank's Treblinka bunk while browsing MHF because I know that the ISP should be able to milk more money out of me and the Reich won't let them!
Well I don't own CMCSA, but I do own DIS, and I want muh streaming service, so pay up, Millennials, the free ride is over.
<fetches milking machine>
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: Still waiting for your facts and reason, DB.
Still on page 58, one who refuses to read.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

The whole country, Nick. Just because you live in an exceptional area where these companies have not bribed your state legislature (yet) to criminalize competition doesn't somehow erase the fact that the vast majority of Americans were screwed out of any viable competition years ago.
Nor does that change the fact that the only solution is to fight that monster.
There is on short cut around a bribed legislature.

When you have a monopoly that cannot realistically be broke n up, the only remedy is regulation. That's it, Nick.

These companies spent a lot of money bribing the state republicans to criminalize competition so that they would be a monopoly. Then they set out to throttling traffic from popular services in an effort to bilk those corporations for money in exchange for access to broadband customers. Those costs eventually got taken out of the consumers. The response to that was the net neutrality rule.

George W. Bush and Barrack Obama presidencies, over the course of about 12 years had battled this bullshit to try to stop them, and they kept doing it until the only remedy was the net neutrality order.
Internet tech is now too old to change.
Ha.
How fuedal.