Another School Shooting

Ex-California

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Ex-California » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:43 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Otern wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:no reason to own a handgun? do any of you silly gun grabbers consider those living in rural areas with no way to defend themselves and their home but with a gun?

gun rights are human rights
To be honest, if there were a type of firearm that should be getting more attention than so called "assault rifles", it's handguns. Since they're the most represented on homicide and suicide statistics.

It would make much more sense if the people in favor of gun control, spent their resources on handgun restrictions.

For defending your home, a rifle or a shotgun works just as well, if not better than a handgun. And rifles and shotguns aren't as popular among criminals, since they're hard to carry concealed. To carry a handgun concealed legally in the public in most states, you need a permit anyway, so it would make sense to regulate handgun purchases for concealed carry permit holders anyway.

I'm not supporting it, or saying this is the way to go. But it would make sense from a gun control perspective. Rather than target the types of firearms with the lowest murder rates.
Totally agree Otern. This is why handguns were banned in the UK and not rifles. It's not even that hard to get a shotgun licence here. Firearms are a lot trickier but if you can pass all the checks and show you need one you can get a small bore low powered rifle for pest control. If you want a high powered hunting rifle you better love paperwork and be prepared to have regular visits from the regulators.
Carry any sort of gun around in public though and specially trained dedicated firearms police will turn up and shoot you dead. No hiding around the corner waiting for the shooting to stop like in other police forces.
Jesus Christ that's fascism. Literal totalitarian authoritarianism.

This is why we left you people.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:49 am

What was it people say about lefties shouting "fascist" in lieu of debate?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:59 am

BjornP wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Huh?
I only have rifle experience, but I was going with the assumption that shooting someone in the head with a shotgun is more messy than shooting someone in the head with handgun. 'spose the joke sorta falls flat if that's just a movie myth.
At point blank range it don't make much of a difference but at range that would be the difference. Sorry didn't mean to ruin it, knew it was a joke, just did not get it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:00 am

Montegriffo wrote:What was it people say about lefties shouting "fascist" in lieu of debate?
Projection.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:01 am

Montegriffo wrote:What was it people say about lefties shouting "fascist" in lieu of debate?
Unlike the left, I understand what it means. A good example to show people is exactly what you described
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:03 am

I just read a dozen or so pages of back and forth discussion. To my surprise, it was mostly pretty polite. You guys okay?

PS - I agree with Clubby, Okee, Nuke & Capps, here, Grumps- you greatly underestimate what kind of chaos a small group of people can do, even after you were provided with numerous examples of that happening.
Account abandoned.

Otern

Post by Otern » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:10 am

Montegriffo wrote: Totally agree Otern. This is why handguns were banned in the UK and not rifles.
Not entirely true. Handguns used to be heavily regulated for those reasons in the UK. But they got banned because of a mass shooting.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:19 am

Kath wrote:I just read a dozen or so pages of back and forth discussion. To my surprise, it was mostly pretty polite. You guys okay?

PS - I agree with Clubby, Okee, Nuke & Capps, here, Grumps- you greatly underestimate what kind of chaos a small group of people can do, even after you were provided with numerous examples of that happening.
Chaos, absolutely. Joe Sixpack brigade could shut down a small town for a couple of weeks, no doubt. Get enough of them, and you could even stop a city from operating normally. But that's a FAR cry from stopping/changing the federal government.

My main point is that - no matter whether it would work - it will simply never happen. If our heavily armed, paranoid populace hasn't mounted any resistance to the government since the Civil War, they certainly aren't going to do it now. Look at what we've already 'accepted' - mass corruption, infinite war, highway robbery from the financial sector, megacorps subsidized and supported while they poison and destroy the nation... nothingburger.

They actually blame themselves and each other for their poverty and destroyed society. That's the power of manipulation, and we have the greatest manipulation machine in the history of the world. There will never be an uprising, because you might miss a payment on the mortgage, or not catch Monday Night Football, plus who knows what's true anyway, I heard X, but it's probably more like Y, and fuck it, I got kids man.

Never. Happening. Ever.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Totally agree Otern. This is why handguns were banned in the UK and not rifles.
Not entirely true. Handguns used to be heavily regulated for those reasons in the UK. But they got banned because of a mass shooting.
Everybody forgets about the Virginia Tech shooter, because it doesn't fit the narrative, he had two Sig Sauer 9mm with standard magazines and a boatload of ammo. He held an entire campus down for almost an hour simply shooting one and then reloading that one, using a tac vest, while shooting the other one.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:28 am

Account abandoned.