Net Neutrality

DBTrek

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:42 am

heydaralon wrote:I would be less appalled by this decision if there was actually a free market going on, and people had several dozen ISPs to choose from in their area. But we know that's not the case. The same ISPs that eagerly repealed this will lobby congress to prevent any local competition in their cartel zones. If you think Comcast gives a flying fuck about delivering a good product, and cares about free markets and its customers needs, I have some beads to trade Manhattan for.
Please FCC gods, save us in the name of fairness!

Really compelling, you clearly have a solid grasp on the topic.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

Fife wrote:Lots of people wanting to party like it's 1999 all over again, forever and ever.

:goteam: :drunk:

TICK TOCK (((NETFLIX)))

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 am

nmoore63 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:How does giving even more power to ISP's which have effective local monopolies jive with Libertarian free market ideals? I can't figure that one out. The inadvertent effect of no net neutrality is a de facto censorship of ideas that the gov't (with collusion via ISPs) which also runs square in the face of freedom of expression. As Speaker pointed out, all data is equal, especially when a consumer pays for it every month. Libertarians are big on choice, especially consumer choice, and Net Neutrality revocation flies in the face of that. Some real mental gymnastics going on here...
All data is not equal.
You don't have to live under monopolies.
You don't understand how libertarians think with respect to the rest.

Repeating that asinine phrase smdoes not make it true. Its fucking stupid. Data is data is data. All that matte5s is the amount you consume, and consumers already pay for a set amount of data.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:46 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fife wrote:Lots of people wanting to party like it's 1999 all over again, forever and ever.

:goteam: :drunk:

TICK TOCK (((NETFLIX)))

More like tick tock alt-right. You fucked are about three cunt hairs from being walked off the Internet now.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 am

Oh please

Save me FCC

How will we ever recover?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 am

Folks acting like NN is the only regulation of the internet and ISPs around, instead of simply the latest regulation around.
/shrug

Where’s Capps with his annoying catchphrase when you need him?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 am

nmoore63 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:How does giving even more power to ISP's which have effective local monopolies jive with Libertarian free market ideals? I can't figure that one out. The inadvertent effect of no net neutrality is a de facto censorship of ideas that the gov't (with collusion via ISPs) which also runs square in the face of freedom of expression. As Speaker pointed out, all data is equal, especially when a consumer pays for it every month. Libertarians are big on choice, especially consumer choice, and Net Neutrality revocation flies in the face of that. Some real mental gymnastics going on here...
All data is not equal.
You don't have to live under monopolies.
You don't understand how libertarians think with respect to the rest.
Who are you to tell anyone what data is ideal? If someone pays for a service, they decide what data is most valuable. If you live in an area with one ISP, you do have to live under a monopoly. Try setting up your own ISP and get back to me. I'm sure Comcast or Spectrum will help you with that...

If Libertarians actually cared about shit like Civil Liberties, bringing back the fourth amendment, ending questionable foreign wars, decriminalizing drugs, protecting freedom of expression etc, I would be sympathetic to them, and be more than happy to meet them halfway. I don't agree on econ, but you guys actually give a shit about liberty. But all these tea party type movements inevitably are just about framing big business as this victim of government oppression, and the current crop of "libertarians" spend a disproportionate time whining about the horrors of multi billion dollar companies having to deliver services their customers (who they have by the balls ) pay for, instead of attempting to restore civil liberties that would actually benefit the average American. That's all the politically viable libertarians in this country care about. This net neutrality thing is basically just a bunch of house niggers speaking up for massuh ISP.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 am

Imagine if Libertarians spent one tenth of the zeal they spent on defending Comcast, towards restoring the fourth amendment? That would actually be a worthwhile cause.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 am

Thank god Barack Obama pushed Net Neutrality for the people, and not for big business, right?
:lol:

Wow.

Stupid levels approaching critical mass.
Last edited by DBTrek on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.