Public School Education System Thread

katarn

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by katarn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Funny thing is that of the various schools I've gone to in different areas of the country, there is about as large a student body that thinks of this as the bull it is as endorses it. We'll see more backlash the longer this goes on- they mostly keep silent now, because saying the wrong thing on anything can get you ostracized, especially politics when many kids equate their views to their humanity, but as I begin to see more awareness of this and the fact that they aren't a superminority in most places, I foresee more outspokenness in the future.

This is nothing new; DSL has posted the stats correlating before, but I can offer personal testament to the research. Also, it might still be important to remember that stuff as blatant as this is not the norm- the norm is pretty far left, but not full-out radical everywhere I've seen.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:10 pm

How does Killeen keep getting in the news?
Substitute teacher duct tapes students’ mouths at Texas elementary school

During class Thursday at the Killeen school, the substitute — whose name was not released — allegedly duct taped the mouths of 10 students and ordered three others to do it themselves, according to a news release from the Killeen Independent School District.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3576588
:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:34 pm

In the early days of Myspace I somehow made friends with a girl from Killeen through an electronic music/rave group.

I had to work a game in San Antonio the year the Saints were playing there because of Katrina, so I drove the couple hours to go visit. She lived with her parents and her 4 year old. We hung out all night and then I did the deed at the house with all the family there. Weird night
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Here's an example of the results of Public Education and why some kind of Consumer/Finance Math needs to be taught to everyone rather than the current high school math track

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:22 pm

California wrote:Here's an example of the results of Public Education and why some kind of Consumer/Finance Math needs to be taught to everyone rather than the current high school math track

Agree.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:How does Killeen keep getting in the news?

During class Thursday at the Killeen school, the substitute — whose name was not released — allegedly duct taped the mouths of 10 students and ordered three others to do it themselves, according to a news release from the Killeen Independent School District.

I willing to consider they had it coming.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:34 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:How does Killeen keep getting in the news?

I willing to consider they had it coming.
It's a solid possibility.

In a history text only the most specialized students of 21st century central Texas educational history will read,

"The actions taken by substitute teachers, such as taping their fucking mouths shut, while at the time seeming drastic, now appear to be prudent and necessary."
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:37 pm

When I retire, I am going to apply to sub teach History. My state is hurting for Sub teachers and pay shit. I'm going to try it just for fun.

I will pack the Duct Tape!

If I get called on it, I'll pull NCO games and say it was all part of lesson on Free Speech or some shit.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 pm

C-Mag wrote:When I retire, I am going to apply to sub teach History. My state is hurting for Sub teachers and pay shit. I'm going to try it just for fun.

If I get called on it, I'll pull NCO games and say it was all part of lesson on Free Speech or some shit.
Props for spelling duct tape correctly. :fist bump:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:20 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:When I retire, I am going to apply to sub teach History. My state is hurting for Sub teachers and pay shit. I'm going to try it just for fun.

Props for spelling duct tape correctly. :fist bump:

Funny thing about that. As I understand it, the name has had several evolutions. The tape was first invented for the military, used for amphibious landings in WWII. The GIs named it Duck Tape. Later it became used for Duct work and was named Duct Tape.
PLATA O PLOMO