Another School Shooting

clubgop

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Of course not. They would never be ordered to do so, under such obvious pretense.

It would be to stop "insurgents" and "domestic terrorism", or "looters", or "dissidents funded by Russia", or whatever other Bad Guy label the government wants to use. "Defend our communities" goes the cry. "Protect America from Evil!". Boom go the headshots and drone strikes.
So piss off the left and the right that your ticket to success?
The only reason there is a "left" and "right" is to divide and conquer. And it's working flawlessly.
Ok. So stand United so the government can disarm us. That's the message? For someone that doesn't support government violence you sure fantasize about it a lot.
Last edited by clubgop on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Ok, so we're going to imagine that millions of gun owners somehow organize themselves into a resistance over some vague issue that gets their asses ready to die for Freedom, but the government doesn't notice it coming, doesn't absorb/deflect/derail the message during all that time, and then all of those guys turn into a stealthy guerilla force with supply lines that still aren't stopped by the local PD, and then just keep "resisting" (shooting cops and nat guard) until the government surrenders to them?

That's really what you see happening here?
No. Millions of people won't do anything. It only takes a hundred and then a thousand. If the conditions are right hundreds of thousands will be forced to join in. Just how ignorant are you? Read SIEGE
Small town PD could stop a hundred "insurgents" with limited backup from the nat guard.

Nat guard could stop a small army with no backup at all. That is exactly what they're there for.
You have made the critical mistake of overestimating the Nat gaurd.

I think that is the biggest mistake you could make if you really believe you can ride out a societal wide collapse.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
So piss off the left and the right that your ticket to success?
The only reason there is a "left" and "right" is to divide and conquer. And it's working flawlessly.
Ok. So stand United so the government can disarm us. That's the message?
They'll never 'disarm' you. And it wouldn't matter much if they did, in terms of their control.

I happen to believe that there's absolutely no point in owning more than a shotgun and hunting rifle. Others feel that they need an arsenal to fight off the boogeyman. But there is no stopping the boogeyman. He is legion, and he is well trained and armed to deal with your boomsticks.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Ok. So stand United so the government can disarm us. That's the message?
They'll never 'disarm' you. And it wouldn't matter much if they did, in terms of their control.

I happen to believe that there's absolutely no point in owning more than a shotgun and hunting rifle. Others feel that they need an arsenal to fight off the boogeyman. But there is no stopping the boogeyman. He is legion, and he is well trained and armed to deal with your boomsticks.
The boogeyman is a pussy who can't stand even light casualties anymore, you're so wrong. No stopping the boogeyman my ass, he gets stopped all the time by less.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
No. Millions of people won't do anything. It only takes a hundred and then a thousand. If the conditions are right hundreds of thousands will be forced to join in. Just how ignorant are you? Read SIEGE
Small town PD could stop a hundred "insurgents" with limited backup from the nat guard.

Nat guard could stop a small army with no backup at all. That is exactly what they're there for.

I think that is the biggest mistake you could make if you really believe you can ride out a societal wide collapse.
National Guard, naw they barely could handle unarmed hippies on a college campus now they are supposed to friends and neighbors and family for gun control? Right!

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

I don't have the slightest idea if I could 'ride it out'. Best I can do is try to give the kids a fighting chance.

I do know that the nat guard is a full-fledged military force, and has been deployed to the Middle East for a decade, so one can assume that they have some competent killers in the ranks, and more than enough equipment to deal with Joe Sixpack.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

National Guard, naw they barely could handle unarmed hippies on a college campus now they are supposed to friends and neighbors and family for gun control? Right!
You're the one imagining some kind of civil war over "gun control". I'm telling you that it'll never happen, and most certainly not under those terms.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:51 pm

The myth of the all powerful, can't be stopped, US Empire, that is what GCF is basing his argument on. They will never give up? They give up all the time, under far less duress.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:53 pm

StCapps wrote:The myth of the all powerful can't be stopped US Empire has been greatly exaggerated.
You can most definitely rack up a Kill:Death ratio of 2 or 3 to 1 before they take you down. But unless the entire government has been stricken with syphilis, you'll never have more than a couple of buddies lined up with you. Simple as that.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:The myth of the all powerful can't be stopped US Empire has been greatly exaggerated.
You can most definitely rack up a Kill:Death ratio of 2 or 3 to 1 before they take you down. But unless the entire government has been stricken with syphilis, you'll never have more than a couple of buddies lined up with you. Simple as that.
The government has been syphilitic for a while, they don't have the resolve to defeat all but the smallest insurgencies, even then they take a while and it's a slog. This they will put it down quickly and suffer no real consequences, that's wishful thinking on your part.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*