Net Neutrality

The Conservative

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:22 am

DBTrek wrote:
The Conservative wrote: If I was the FCC, I'd have no issue taking to task bandwidth hogs such as Netflix, which does absolutely nothing to reduce their bandwidth streaming.
If you were the FCC no one would blame StA for losing his shit. We’d all be right there with him.
:lol:
Not sure about that, I have my own gripes against large companies like Comcast, but let's put the blame where it belongs.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 am

LOL

Losing my shit?

Still waiting for your "facts and reason".

Anti-trust laws didn't seem to affect throttling and price gouging before net neutrality. There was a reason net neutrality was implemented. That article is full of crap.

Maybe you have facts and reason yet to contribute? /shrug

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:28 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:All data literally is equal. It's ones and zeros for fuck sake. It doesn't matter what is in the TCP/IP payload. What matters is the amount of data you transmit, which is paid for by the consumer already. For fuck sake if you don't understand it, just stop. Stop for the love of God.

This is the most anti-competition garbage fire I have seen that was billed as pro-competition. It's fucking absurd. It blows my mind how retarded and brainwashed these libertarian faggots can get. You just allowed monopolies to use monopolistic powers to crush competition with impunity and jack up prices for consumers to boot, you fucking morons.
All data isn't equal as in how much the speed of the data effects its usefulness is not equal. Not even to the same consumer.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:28 am

Cited two articles showing how Anti trust lawsuits stopped the very “dangers” of censorship you and the panicked snowflakes are losing your shit over.
Can’t force you to read.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 am

And back to the question you insufficiently answered..

anti-trust laws didn't stop Google and cloudfront from stealing a domain from somebody they didn't like. Nothing happened there.

So what makes you think anti-trust laws would stop an ISP from throttling traffic to websites they find offensive? We already see Google removing them from the first pages of search results. We see social media companies blocking content on their platforms. But we don't see some nebulous anti-trust law stepping in to stop those practices.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
The lines are running across private property (easements) and the commons. But the cable companies have essentially lobbied for laws that lock those lines down for themselves. They maintain the lines and control them.
Not where I live.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 am

DBTrek wrote:Cited two articles showing how Anti trust lawsuits stopped the very “dangers” of censorship you and the panicked snowflakes are losing your shit over.
Can’t force you to read.
/shrug

They didn't, though. What stopped Comcast from gouging consumers and hurting competition was Obama's FCC stepping in with net neutrality.

I don't feel like debating your fantasy here. This is what actually happened.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:And back to the question you insufficiently answered..

anti-trust laws didn't stop Google and cloudfront from stealing a domain from somebody they didn't like. Nothing happened there.

So what makes you think anti-trust laws would stop an ISP from throttling traffic to websites they find offensive? We already see Google removing them from the first pages of search results. We see social media companies blocking content on their platforms. But we don't see some nebulous anti-trust law stepping in to stop those practices.
They might.... under monopolistic ISP conditions.
Once you solve that problem, then it becomes a non-issue.
I live under non monoly ISP conditions.
Others should do likewise.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 am

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: anti-trust laws didn't stop Google and cloudfront from stealing a domain from somebody they didn't like. Nothing happened there.
Didn’t that happen under Net Neutrality?
:lol:
So what makes you think anti-trust laws would stop an ISP from throttling traffic to websites they find offensive?
The multiple times it happened pre-2015.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"