Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

C-Mag

Re: Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 11, 2018 10:03 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Never said “Great”. Just that he was the last one.
I don't think were going to agree here. So, let me ask you this.

If Trump undos Obama policies easily because they were implemented without Congressional ratification, won't even Obama supporters consider it a waste of time, and a failure for not being able to get Congressional consensus ?
Of course they won’t. They’ll still be Obama’s supporters. And hate trump even more.

My turn. If the economy implodes (which it will soon), will trump supporters own the fact, or find 10,000 other things to blame it on?
I try my best to harbor few illusions about Trump. He is a flawed man. I hired him to be a wrecking ball to the status quo, to the entrenched crony capitalism that owns and readily works their back and forths with Progressives. This includes both D and R Progressives, Trump will be the end of a Century of Progressivism. That's going to cost a lot of Crony Capitalist money. Money they have invested in years to keep the status quo. I've theorized for at least a year that they may crash the economy as a last effort to rid themselves of the wrecking ball.

Things will be broken by Trump, some may be hard to fix, but there will be a rejuvination.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 11, 2018 10:15 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

If Trump undos Obama policies easily because they were implemented without Congressional ratification, won't even Obama supporters consider it a waste of time, and a failure for not being able to get Congressional consensus ?
Of course they won’t. They’ll still be Obama’s supporters. And hate trump even more.

My turn. If the economy implodes (which it will soon), will trump supporters own the fact, or find 10,000 other things to blame it on?
I try my best to harbor few illusions about Trump. He is a flawed man. I hired him to be a wrecking ball to the status quo, to the entrenched crony capitalism that owns and readily works their back and forths with Progressives. This includes both D and R Progressives, Trump will be the end of a Century of Progressivism. That's going to cost a lot of Crony Capitalist money. Money they have invested in years to keep the status quo. I've theorized for at least a year that they may crash the economy as a last effort to rid themselves of the wrecking ball.

Things will be broken by Trump, some may be hard to fix, but there will be a rejuvination.
Once again, I’m a bit stunned by your optimism. I’d like for you to be right, but unless people suddenly pay attention to congressional elections, it’s all of the downside without the benefits.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Never said “Great”. Just that he was the last one.

Oh no! Will Trump get blamed for the depression gcf has been failing to predict since before he was president. Oh no!
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri May 11, 2018 11:01 pm

yeah he'll totally get blamed for it

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Once again, I’m a bit stunned by your optimism. I’d like for you to be right, but unless people suddenly pay attention to congressional elections, it’s all of the downside without the benefits.
Pay attention to Congressional elections? :lol:
This coming from someone who didn't fucking know how a primary worked. Oh tell us great sage how the blue wave you hope and pray for will save the economy tell me how Nancy Pelosi getting the speakers gavel will save the country, you stupid hack bitch.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Jeeeeez guys.

We seem to be working from different definitions of Statesman here.

I just meant that he brought dignity to the office, and by extension, the nation. And that won’t happen again anytime soon.
Witness the dignity.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:11 am

I just meant that he brought dignity to the office, and by extension, the nation. And that won’t happen again anytime soon.
I get what you mean by statesman. Things like the whole beer summit and apology tour were not acts of a great statesman. He put on a great show for the fans, and the media helped him out immensely with this.

Saying he was the last one is a silly thing to say. There has been exactly 1 POTUS since Obama. Now your goalposts are already moving from "the last one" to "won't happen again soon". You don't know jack about that. Someone like Obama could come up from the Democratic party. Unless by no time soon you admit that Trump is in for 8 years. :D

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat May 12, 2018 6:12 am

PartyOf5 wrote:

I get what you mean by statesman. Things like the whole beer summit and apology tour were not acts of a great statesman. He put on a great show for the fans, and the media helped him out immensely with this.

Saying he was the last one is a silly thing to say. There has been exactly 1 POTUS since Obama. Now your goalposts are already moving from "the last one" to "won't happen again soon". You don't know jack about that. Someone like Obama could come up from the Democratic party. Unless by no time soon you admit that Trump is in for 8 years. :D
Is being a statesman simply someone being able to put on a good show?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:16 am

doc_loliday wrote:I think Scott Adams made a good point. It would have been nice to have a president that could accomplish what Trump has done without offending minorities and women etc, but thats not the choice we were given.
It would have been nice, but I'll take getting real shit done over a polished facade.

In a way, Obama was the first reality TV POTUS because the whole thing was an act for the cameras. Behind the scenes he didn't want to do the work. He wanted the fame and accolades of POTUS, not the job of POTUS.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 12, 2018 6:18 am

PartyOf5 wrote:

No doubt there are others that would like the job, but they won’t get elected. Joe Idiot has been pandered to, and won’t tolerate another “elitist” after Trump using big words and smart stuff.

Mark my words, the next few will have to be a Sarah Palin, or similar clown act. She was just too early.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0