Public School Education System Thread

The Conservative

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:22 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:About you alleging you send someone to the ICU. and the other posts in this thread and my thread and the other similar topic one. 1/3rd your posts are just threats or belittling and not engaging in a real conversation or debate.
If a teacher doesn't teach, but scares my child because of some brain washing indoctrination attempt, you better believe I'd be going down there ready to at a minimum to verbally destroy that teacher.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

If that was my daughter, he'd be in the IC Unit right now.

I don't believe this, not Denver, they voted for Barry and Hillary, must have been Castle Rock.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Has the possibility for real change without mass violence occured to you? The Glorious Revolution wasnt overtly violent and there others and there revolutions in thinking that didnt default to bloodshed. Your against chaos and people should be. But people and nations have went out into the unknown and made real meaningful changes that way. Regulating Corporate America could prevent complete corporatism, or we could just make zero impact legal change and see what happens.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:26 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:Has the possibility for real change without mass violence occured to you? The Glorious Revolution wasnt overtly violent and there others and there revolutions in thinking that didnt default to bloodshed. Your against chaos and people should be. But people and nations have went out into the unknown and made real meaningful changes that way. Regulating Corporate America could prevent complete corporatism, or we could just make zero impact legal change and see what happens.

Yeah. It's called a constitutional convention.

It's the polar opposite in change from "flipping the board".

If you think you can just relieve people of wealth and capital to distribute amongst you and your buddies without a fight, though, LMFAO, you are in for a rude awakening.

This is hilarious. I mean.. here we are arguing over the Spartacan revolt and we have some modern-day Spartacus sympathizers.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:35 pm

So in your view there was never a need for political and social change? it was all debauched and nested immorality?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Constitutional convention.

The American revolution was a one-off. You won't likely see that again.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Constitutional convention.

The American revolution was a one-off. You won't likely see that again.
Jefferson, and even Madison, expected that we would be back at the charter making changes every 20 years or so, tops. I will guaran-fucking-tee you that the drunks left Philadelphia in the summer of 87 knowing that they had fucked it up a bunch of different ways (and that the counter-revolutionaries had bested the DOI boyz), but thinking that it would get fixed up when they got the band back together.

I seriously doubt that they saw the end-around from John Marshall coming at all.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

If that was my daughter, he'd be in the IC Unit right now.
Do you ever bite...or do you just bark.

All this talk about wimpy/geeks etc. and constant insults (which are cute really) all the time, and your quite noticeable irritable tone and lack of humility etc. It all just seems like maybe idk you have some confidence issues. I know, you were in the big bad military and have a guy with a knife in your avatar. And you continuously post shit on a forum that serves as mostly an echo chamber. But when do you have time to you know...be a MAN? If you obviously spend so much damn time in here? Maybe you need to get in a real fight or kill something. Instead of just typing all day. :think:

Can't wait for your clever/witty response....
:lol:

Get the prune juice. GOG is in her period.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:27 am

When do we reach Peak Government Schools?

Shouldn't be long now.

From today's WSJ:

James Madison Weeps
A Brookings survey finds college students are clueless about free speech.

‘Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government,” wrote Ben Franklin. “When this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved.” Imagine what Franklin, James Madison and the other Founders would make of a new Brookings Institution survey showing that American college students have no clue what the First Amendment means.

John Villasenor surveyed more than 1,500 undergraduates, and among the alarming findings: Most American college students do not know that even hate speech is constitutionally protected; half agree that it’s okay to shout down a speaker whose views they don’t agree with; and nearly one of five believe it is acceptable for a student group opposed to a speaker to use violence to keep him from speaking. Some of the answers vary by political identification, but overall the findings suggest great confusion.

Mr. Villasenor’s conclusion is blunt. “Freedom of expression,” he says, “is deeply imperiled on U.S. campuses.” We’d take that further. Given that a functioning democracy rests on free expression, what do these results say about America’s future when these students leave school and begin to take their places in public life?

It’s easy to mock the students for their ignorance. But what about the people responsible for teaching them? These results suggest that the failures of our education system are beginning to have terrible consequences for America’s civic life.

"Failures of our education system" ?

What if I told you that's a feature, not a bug, in the "system?"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:35 am

Fife wrote:When do we reach Peak Government Schools?

Shouldn't be long now.

From today's WSJ:

James Madison Weeps
A Brookings survey finds college students are clueless about free speech.

‘Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government,” wrote Ben Franklin. “When this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved.” Imagine what Franklin, James Madison and the other Founders would make of a new Brookings Institution survey showing that American college students have no clue what the First Amendment means.

John Villasenor surveyed more than 1,500 undergraduates, and among the alarming findings: Most American college students do not know that even hate speech is constitutionally protected; half agree that it’s okay to shout down a speaker whose views they don’t agree with; and nearly one of five believe it is acceptable for a student group opposed to a speaker to use violence to keep him from speaking. Some of the answers vary by political identification, but overall the findings suggest great confusion.

Mr. Villasenor’s conclusion is blunt. “Freedom of expression,” he says, “is deeply imperiled on U.S. campuses.” We’d take that further. Given that a functioning democracy rests on free expression, what do these results say about America’s future when these students leave school and begin to take their places in public life?

It’s easy to mock the students for their ignorance. But what about the people responsible for teaching them? These results suggest that the failures of our education system are beginning to have terrible consequences for America’s civic life.

"Failures of our education system" ?

What if I told you that's a feature, not a bug, in the "system?"
Worst idea ever, what needs to be taught heaven forbid is an education to our students, and not how to pass a test. If you teach properly, a test will be doable. Teaching US History comes with understanding the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. If neither are being taught it explains why people are acting like they are.
#NotOneRedCent