How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Zlaxer

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:35 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Hey Zlax, we live in a Republic. We vote for things. Just because you think you have a divine mandate that all your opinions are correct, doesn't mean you do.
We voted for Trump. We voted to repeal Obamacare. We won.
Legitimate democratic action, for sure.

People around here are acting as if it's unconstitutional to advocate for healthcare spending instead of military spending, as if advocating for healthcare as a public good would be unconstitutional, yet the Supreme Court sided with Obama, did they not? At least technically it's constitutional. Will it survive a more conservative court? Dunno.
The DoD budget is bloated - We don't need a Millitary that can police the world - the DoD should be focused on defending CONUS...and maybe Hawaii and AK...Maybe :twisted:

You know why the DoD gets so much $$$$$? Because the government has gotten large and centralized, and it's easy for the MIC to lobby/bribe Congress....You want the government to become even bigger....

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:38 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:People who can't get or afford private insurance should be able to enroll in Medicare.
That's "Medicaid" and it's being rolled back as part of the bill.

That "Medicaid" is a massive part of the "entitlements" that your favorite right-wingers are always railing against.

That "Medicaid" is the reason that poor people are not dying in the streets.

I said Medicare, dumbass. People who cannot get private health insurance should transition to Medicare. Medicaid should be abandoned as something that receives any federal funds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_ ... ligibility

Do you honestly think that only people over 65 need medical care, or do you just want to combine the two programs?

Or should I just stop trying to take you seriously?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 05, 2017 7:40 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

That "Medicaid" is a massive part of the "entitlements" that your favorite right-wingers are always railing against.

I said Medicare, dumbass. People who cannot get private health insurance should transition to Medicare. Medicaid should be abandoned as something that receives any federal funds.

Do you honestly think that only people over 65 need medical care, or do you just want to combine the two programs?

What do you mean by your post? Are you arguing against medicare?
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:43 am

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

ugh... no.

StA proposed that 'if you can't afford insurance, then just join Medicare'. Which nobody can do unless 65 years old, or in need of kidneys.

I said "You meant Medicaid, right"? And he proceeded to call me a dumbass for some reason, and continue being an idiot. Stupid poo-poo face.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 05, 2017 7:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

ugh... no.

StA proposed that 'if you can't afford insurance, then just join Medicare'. Which nobody can do unless 65 years old, or in need of kidneys.

I said "You meant Medicaid, right"? And he proceeded to call me a dumbass for some reason, and continue being an idiot. Stupid poo-poo face.
Does not paying medical bills affect your credit score? I have heard differing accounts on this.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Dude, are you high at work?

We should expand Medicare to cover what people private health insurer cannot accept without losing money.

Obamacare fails because it attempts to pay for those losses by charging healthy people higher premiums and, as we have seen, those increases eventually exceed what people can reasonably pay.

We'd have to expand payroll taxes to spread the costs out, but that's probably cheaper than paying twice as much in insurance premiums for even less coverage.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:47 am

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
ugh... no.

Does not paying medical bills affect your credit score? I have heard differing accounts on this.
Yes they do.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 7:47 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

ugh... no.

Yep. You are on drugs at work.

I proposed our next health insurance reform include a Medicare for all to pick up what private insurance cannot without losing money sans government interventions.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:49 am

It'll be interesting to see what people do when their children die from not being able to afford medications.
Last edited by jediuser598 on Fri May 05, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:54 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
ugh... no.

Yep. You are on drugs at work.

I proposed our next health insurance reform include a Medicare for all to pick up what private insurance cannot without losing money sans government interventions.

Sooooo Medicaid, but not "Medicaid" because we totally renamed it to something else? Also, we can call it a "Medicare" but not that, because we're changing the rules and it's like that, but not for old people now cause REPUBLICANS.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace