Civil War Doomsday Clock

C-Mag

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Push comes to shove, Antifa would be the first to buckle...
Based on what a few Proud Boys have done to them, that appears to be true. BUT, based on historical examples, Antifa type Filthy Collectivist do very, very well in Urban Centers. In a modern US Civil War I would not underestimate them.

What Collectivist have always done is find a way to Co-Opt or neutralize the local constabulary or military forces. Of course later they always fuck them over too. The Nazis filled their ranks with collectivist street thugs then purged them. The Bolsheviks bought them off and got them to stay on the sidelines, then purged them.

I would very much bet on Collectivist street thugs taking over Law Enforcement and Security in an American Civil War. Constitutionally loyal folks are going to mostly leave their posts.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:07 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:20 pm

There's a lot of old money in those areas, it would be one of the most interesting regions in a US split or Civil War. I'm not real Skookum on the region...……………. but here's my SWAG

I hate to tell you, but I see Mass as pretty solidly Loyalist with a few Insurgents spray painting Insurgent Graffitti and causing minor problems. New Hampshire and Vermont would be effectively split with the Northern 2/3rds held by the Insurgency and smuggling goods from Canada

Maine would be the most interesting............ hell they can't even put in electoral votes as one state.
That is what I am thinking. NE would solid loyalist, with NH, and Maine being the outliers. As for Mass, I'd say all in green would be government-friendly, while the rest would be insurgent... further west you get, the less reliant they are on the government. And I only put Newburyport in the possibility of not being part of the loyalists because there are working people there that hate the government.
Here's your problem TC. I just checked, it's only 37 miles from Greenfield to North Adams. That's not a lot of buffer zone
No, it's not. That is why I am expecting/hoping that NH would push down south to bolster the strength of those in Mass. Or allow them to flee up north, but if NH pushed south, the military bases that are there would be a great place to allow strongholds to be built upon.
iur-2.jpeg
The bases that are not under "state control" in my idea would be strong points of contention, and with their size and armaments already on them, they could even the playing field quite easily. That's one Army base, with a national guard station, and two air force bases.

They are too far out for the govt. of Mass to worry about, and it would take time to solidify their positions to do so. If anything they would be afraid to get away from Boston and the 495 belt, because after that, it's a world they don't like and aren't use to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 pm
The Conservative wrote:

Push comes to shove, Antifa would be the first to buckle...
Based on what a few Proud Boys have done to them, that appears to be true. BUT, based on historical examples, Antifa type Filthy Collectivist do very, very well in Urban Centers. In a modern US Civil War I would not underestimate them.

What Collectivist have always done is find a way to Co-Opt or neutralize the local constabulary or military forces. Of course later they always fuck them over too. The Nazis filled their ranks with collectivist street thugs then purged them. The Bolsheviks bought them off and got them to stay on the sidelines, then purged them.

I would very much bet on Collectivist street thugs taking over Law Enforcement and Security in an American Civil War. Constitutionally loyal folks are going to mostly leave their posts.
I think they would hold them temporarily until Constiutionalists regroup and push back. I have a feeling when that happens it would be harder than the soyboys would expect.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:28 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 pm

You got whole groups of people on both sides yearning for the blood of their countrymen. They want it, and they want it bad. Some of them are on this forum.

I'm just calling them out for the pieces of shit cowards that they are, that they'll talk about it endlessly but will never do anything about it.

How horrible is it that people are getting excited about killing other Americans? That's real fucked up.
I don't want to see it. I don't want to fight my fellow countryman at all. I'm just asking folks to talk about it and really understand what it would mean. Yes, there is LARPing going on with both sides. Here's a few things I've seen recently that have made me think.

Antifa got rolled up on their home turf in Portland by a few Proud Boys, even though Antifa outnumbered them 5 to 1.

Lots of Left wing leadership inflaming the situation, calling for aggressive engagement of other Americans, and little to none of them calling for rational engagement.

The Establishments ability to force Trump to take an Adversarial stance against Russia.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:29 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:26 pm

I think they would hold them temporarily until Constiutionalists regroup and push back. I have a feeling when that happens it would be harder than the soyboys would expect.
If you are a Constitutionalist, why would you go shed our blood to take over a Filthy Collectivist city.
What's the motivation?
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:29 pm
The Conservative wrote:

If you are a Constitutionalist, why would you go shed our blood to take over a Filthy Collectivist city.
What's the motivation?
Reduce the power hold of the collectivists, allow the people who want to, to leave, and then do so ourselves while weakening the power structure, and capabilities of those who return by making sure we take everything useful not nailed down, and those things that are, slag it.

If and only if, we don't find a logical and military advantageous reason to hold said area.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

What's the motivation?
Reduce the power hold of the collectivists, allow the people who want to, to leave, and then do so ourselves while weakening the power structure, and capabilities of those who return by making sure we take everything useful not nailed down, and those things that are, slag it.

If and only if, we don't find a logical and military advantageous reason to hold said area.
I'd just blockade them first. Especially land locked ones far from resupply, like Denver, Phoenix, Vegas, etc.

I'd take control of, or destory the water arteries that feed California and the remainder of the Southwest Collectivist strongholds. It's a completely vulnerable and totally necessary.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm
C-Mag wrote:

What's the motivation?

I'd just blockade them first. Especially land locked ones far from resupply, like Denver, Phoenix, Vegas, etc.

I'd take control of or destory the water arteries that feed California and the remainder of the Southwest Collectivist strongholds. It's a completely vulnerable and totally necessary.
You could if they let you, soyboys don't stand a chance in long-term engagements.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:25 pm

They couldn't defend them long term. Too vulnerable, too much real estate to protect, and tough terrain to protect it in.

Add to that other essential infrastructure. Natural Gas lines, Food Supply, etc.

I think 97% of Truck Drivers voted for Trump, they control 70% of all freight shipped.

However, the Establishment would control Rail Transport for the most part, but it would be broken Transcontinentally(at least intermittently). Again, too much Real Estate to cover in Injun Country.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:25 pm
They couldn't defend them long term. Too vulnerable, too much real estate to protect, and tough terrain to protect it in.

Add to that other essential infrastructure. Natural Gas lines, Food Supply, etc.

I think 97% of Truck Drivers voted for Trump, they control 70% of all freight shipped.

However, the Establishment would control Rail Transport for the most part, but it would be broken Transcontinentally(at least intermittently). Again, too much Real Estate to cover in Injun Country.
And in Mass, they wouldn’t be too much better.

Also, CA, there is a part of it that is heavy Republican. That is the wild card there.
#NotOneRedCent