How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:05 am

Zlaxer wrote:If that's what you want GCF - then the US really should split up - your view of how the world should work is the polar opposite of many others....
It's a pretty well-thought out, ironic way to point out that nobody has a fucking choice but to purchase healthcare. Yet, the sick fucks in DC still pretend (and somehow convince the plebs) that it's a "marketplace", and that we should pay private companies for the privilege, or die in the streets.

It's a fucking basic human need - same as water, food, or air. We have an innate drive for survival that cannot be ignored. You cannot treat a resource like that as if it were 'optional' or a fucking 'investment'. This is mass insanity, and will lead to the complete implosion of the Right, if they don't walk it back.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:06 am

Hey Zlax, we live in a Republic. We vote for things. Just because you think you have a divine mandate that all your opinions are correct, doesn't mean you do.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 7:08 am

Let's break up.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:08 am

jediuser598 wrote:Hey Zlax, we live in a Republic. We vote for things. Just because you think you have a divine mandate that all your opinions are correct, doesn't mean you do.
:clap:

So if the left declares they deserve/want something, it's "democracy," even it it tramples on the rights of others...

@GCF - if you truly want to force people to act as all encompassing insurance for everyone else, then you really should consider breaking the US up - why should those who want to have more liberty be forced to live in a society that wants to trade away liberty for security? or vice versa? There's two fundamentally belief systems.....why force them to remain together? I think we would both be happier in separate states.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 05, 2017 7:16 am

jediuser598 wrote:Hey Zlax, we live in a Republic. We vote for things. Just because you think you have a divine mandate that all your opinions are correct, doesn't mean you do.
We voted for Trump. We voted to repeal Obamacare. We won.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:20 am

adwinistrator wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you have kids. You have a bit more exposure to the damage that this is going to cause. One day (god forbid) you might end up in a place where all your savings are gone and your kid's life is on the line, if that ever happens it will put all of this in a much different perspective. You tell me what you wouldn't do to protect your family.

When a pharmacy is telling you that they're not going to give you that readily available medication, because you can't afford it, and because Government healthcare no longer covers it, and you're out of money to pay for it, things are going to get real. That's what a lot of people are facing. Is Obamacare a good thing? No, but it's better than what we had before.
Jedi, Okee already explained this for you:
Okeefenokee wrote:Insurance is an investment.

Bad insurees are bad investments, so they pay more.
In your situation, their kid would be a bad investment.

When their rates triple and he can't afford coverage, they'll know that this was for the greater good, because why should anyone else have to pay for their "bad investment".

As their child's condition worsens because they can't afford the insurance, so all expenses are out of pocket, they'll accept that this was a failing of their own. They should have understood that this was their personal responsibility to make enough money to afford the exorbitant rates in the high-risk pool.

As their child becomes sicker and sicker, they will thank the GOP for giving them this freedom. The freedom to choose between 10 different insurance plans that cost twice as much as their mortgage.
Hear! Hear!
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 am

People who can't get or afford private insurance should be able to enroll in Medicare.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:People who can't get or afford private insurance should be able to enroll in Medicare.
That's "Medicaid" and it's being rolled back as part of the bill.

That "Medicaid" is a massive part of the "entitlements" that your favorite right-wingers are always railing against.

That "Medicaid" is the reason that poor people are not dying in the streets.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:31 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
We voted for Trump. We voted to repeal Obamacare. We won.
Legitimate democratic action, for sure.

People around here are acting as if it's unconstitutional to advocate for healthcare spending instead of military spending, as if advocating for healthcare as a public good would be unconstitutional, yet the Supreme Court sided with Obama, did they not? At least technically it's constitutional. Will it survive a more conservative court? Dunno.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:People who can't get or afford private insurance should be able to enroll in Medicare.
That's "Medicaid" and it's being rolled back as part of the bill.

That "Medicaid" is a massive part of the "entitlements" that your favorite right-wingers are always railing against.

That "Medicaid" is the reason that poor people are not dying in the streets.

I said Medicare, dumbass. People who cannot get private health insurance should transition to Medicare. Medicaid should be abandoned as something that receives any federal funds.