How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

adwinistrator

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by adwinistrator » Fri May 05, 2017 6:29 am

jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you have kids. You have a bit more exposure to the damage that this is going to cause. One day (god forbid) you might end up in a place where all your savings are gone and your kid's life is on the line, if that ever happens it will put all of this in a much different perspective. You tell me what you wouldn't do to protect your family.

When a pharmacy is telling you that they're not going to give you that readily available medication, because you can't afford it, and because Government healthcare no longer covers it, and you're out of money to pay for it, things are going to get real. That's what a lot of people are facing. Is Obamacare a good thing? No, but it's better than what we had before.
Jedi, Okee already explained this for you:
Okeefenokee wrote:Insurance is an investment.

Bad insurees are bad investments, so they pay more.
In your situation, their kid would be a bad investment.

When their rates triple and he can't afford coverage, they'll know that this was for the greater good, because why should anyone else have to pay for their "bad investment".

As their child's condition worsens because they can't afford the insurance, so all expenses are out of pocket, they'll accept that this was a failing of their own. They should have understood that this was their personal responsibility to make enough money to afford the exorbitant rates in the high-risk pool.

As their child becomes sicker and sicker, they will thank the GOP for giving them this freedom. The freedom to choose between 10 different insurance plans that cost twice as much as their mortgage.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 6:35 am

Setting aside for the moment that "healthcare" is not a public good, just consider the inevitable outcome of either Obamacare, Trumpcare, Berniecare, or any other centrally planned "healthcare" "plan."

A quick Google News search of Venezuela will show where each and every of these "plans" is headed. The VA will soon be considered the "good old days."

IOW, not only is theft morally repulsive, but it also leads to one place and one place only--human suffering.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 05, 2017 6:43 am

Fife wrote:Setting aside for the moment that "healthcare" is not a public good, just consider the inevitable outcome of either Obamacare, Trumpcare, Berniecare, or any other centrally planned "healthcare" "plan."

A quick Google News search of Venezuela will show where each and every of these "plans" is headed. The VA will soon be considered the "good old days."

IOW, not only is theft morally repulsive, but it also leads to one place and one place only--human suffering.

Proles will be proles Fife....always have been....always will be....politicians love themselves some good proles...

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:44 am

598 Billion goes to military spending.

I'd rather a lot of that go towards healthcare/infrastructure than making sure we bomb other people.

You have different priorities than I do. I know you just want to spend as much as possible on more and more munitions/tanks/fighter jets, I'd rather that money go towards helping/healing people.
Proles will be proles Fife....always have been....always will be....politicians love themselves some good proles...
Oh really? Can't even put forth and argument without insulting these people these days?
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 6:47 am

I'd say our military spending is at least 10x more than necessary.

That fact doesn't somehow make "healthcare" a public good.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 05, 2017 6:49 am

jediuser598 wrote:It's a government of and for the people. I pay taxes, do you think I want my taxes going for killing brown people and securing oil for greedy companies? No, I want my taxes to go towards healthcare and helping people. I think that's more important than killing/hurting others.

So you want what you want and I want what I want, don't act like I'm *out of line* for saying I want my tax dollars go elsewhere.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:56 am

I just find it funny that every single one of you would be for this if you personally needed it. If you had a catastrophic life event that crippled you or your family and it sucked away all your money or you ability to work and you had to rely on someone to help you out, if the government was offering a hand I know damn well you guys wouldn't turn away from it, you wouldn't go to your death on principle of small government and less government spending. You'd hold out your hand just like others, and that you judge people who are currently going through such situation and determine that they're pieces of shit who deserve to die means that you're lucky enough to not have had to go through anything such as that *yet*. God forbid you have to, but if you do I'd rather not the government, who is run by all of our tax dollars, leave you in the street to die from an treatable disease or condition.

Fife, we decide what is a public good and what isn't, it's a democratic choice. You say it shouldn't be, I say it should.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 05, 2017 6:58 am

jediuser598 wrote: Fife, we decide what is a public good and what isn't, it's a democratic choice. You say it shouldn't be, I say it should.

There it is Fife - Now pay up....Or else :twisted:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 05, 2017 6:59 am

adwinistrator wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you have kids. You have a bit more exposure to the damage that this is going to cause. One day (god forbid) you might end up in a place where all your savings are gone and your kid's life is on the line, if that ever happens it will put all of this in a much different perspective. You tell me what you wouldn't do to protect your family.

When a pharmacy is telling you that they're not going to give you that readily available medication, because you can't afford it, and because Government healthcare no longer covers it, and you're out of money to pay for it, things are going to get real. That's what a lot of people are facing. Is Obamacare a good thing? No, but it's better than what we had before.

When their rates triple and he can't afford coverage, they'll know that this was for the greater good, because why should anyone else have to pay for their "bad investment".

As their child's condition worsens because they can't afford the insurance, so all expenses are out of pocket, they'll accept that this was a failing of their own. They should have understood that this was their personal responsibility to make enough money to afford the exorbitant rates in the high-risk pool.

As their child becomes sicker and sicker, they will thank the GOP for giving them this freedom. The freedom to choose between 10 different insurance plans that cost twice as much as their mortgage.
This.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:

This.

If that's what you want GCF - then the US really should split up - your view of how the world should work is the polar opposite of many others....