Civil War Doomsday Clock

Fife

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:19 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:07 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:05 am
Yeah, I am sure the zero-twos of the era stopped sucking British cock and helped out.
Nobody counts except the guys firing weapons and marching. They did it all alone. Everybody else just watched from home.

Jesus.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:25 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 am
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:56 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:45 am
Small minority.
Of what ?
Exactly.

I’ve been arguing against the notion that some small pocket of rebellion was responsible for the entire Revolution.

Which came about because I stated that I wouldn’t be the first agitator in a social movement, and was called a coward for it.

Which came about because virtue larping is the latest internet fad among disaffected veterans.
Referring to actual military and militia combatants(shooters)~ A small minority started the fight. A small minority maintained the fight without real Political support for 14 months. Of the Colonists, the most shooters it had was 80k of 3M people or 2.7%, total over the 8 year war of approx. 5% of population. The remainder of 40% of actual Rebel support came in the way mainly in logistics.

General Numbers ~ 20% Were Loyalists, leaving 40% of the population that waited to see who would win. Based on your posts, you would be in this 40% of people. I would imagine Shooters on both sides would see you as untrustworthy and a coward. In intelligence circles today, your house would be designated not Blue for Reliable Ally, not Red for Enemy, not Green for pro Revolutionary Support, but Yellow for indifferent or untrustworthy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:35 am

You have to pick a side. No point being that guy. It doesn't necessarily keep you alive either. I'd imagine you saw similar figures in the Russian revolution, and a pretty solid portion of that 40% starved to death, were outright murdered in purges, or were relocated to Siberia.

You really need to make a moral stand, choose a side, and deal with the consequences.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:49 am

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:35 am
You have to pick a side. No point being that guy. It doesn't necessarily keep you alive either. I'd imagine you saw similar figures in the Russian revolution, and a pretty solid portion of that 40% starved to death, were outright murdered in purges, or were relocated to Siberia.

You really need to make a moral stand, choose a side, and deal with the consequences.
I'm not going to beat up on BroGrump too much. First appreciate that he hangs in here and defends himself. FEW, DAMN FEW with his views have done so here at MHF, so props to BroGrump.

Second, my engineer metrics side says it's just a numbers thing; pretty typical of insurgencies, civil wars and rebellions...………… somebody has to make up that 40% of fence sitters. AND, people with a strong belief system that have chosen sides will always see them as cowards and dishonorable.

Third. They are the sheep. They need protecting from the Wolves too.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:49 am

I'm not going to beat up on BroGrump too much. First appreciate that he hangs in here and defends himself. FEW, DAMN FEW with his views have done so here at MHF, so props to BroGrump.

Second, my engineer metrics side says it's just a numbers thing; pretty typical of insurgencies, civil wars and rebellions...………… somebody has to make up that 40% of fence sitters. AND, people with a strong belief system that have chosen sides will always see them as cowards and dishonorable.

Third. They are the sheep. They need protecting from the Wolves too.
Thanks... I think.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks... I think.
:lol:

Well, I'm not Wordsmith, so it probably sounds like a backhanded compliment.

It's just a basic field intelligence analysis. Extropolating this for the subject of this thread what does it mean?

Well, certain states filled with Patriot minded people would rebel completely against the federal government, while others would be firmly Loyalist.
The Left Coast cities would be firmly Loyalist with rural areas a mixed bag.
Most all the rural west states with large federal landholding would be mostly rebels, and would take their National Guard assets with them.
The Rust Belt and upper Midwest would lean Loyalist, with Insurgents scattered about and a Helluva lot of folks that think just like you BroGrump.
The Greater Ozark - Smokey Mountain Region would be decidely Rebel with urban islands of loyalists.
The coastal east would be Loyalist.

What we can't reliably predict is the fracturing of the US military, and militarized police with all their assets around the country.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Let him be a sheep.
DC19F93D-3FFE-488E-AE60-1E3E501E138D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:06 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks... I think.
:lol:

Well, I'm not Wordsmith, so it probably sounds like a backhanded compliment.

It's just a basic field intelligence analysis. Extropolating this for the subject of this thread what does it mean?

Well, certain states filled with Patriot minded people would rebel completely against the federal government, while others would be firmly Loyalist.
The Left Coast cities would be firmly Loyalist with rural areas a mixed bag.
Most all the rural west states with large federal landholding would be mostly rebels, and would take their National Guard assets with them.
The Rust Belt and upper Midwest would lean Loyalist, with Insurgents scattered about and a Helluva lot of folks that think just like you BroGrump.
The Greater Ozark - Smokey Mountain Region would be decidely Rebel with urban islands of loyalists.
The coastal east would be Loyalist.

What we can't reliably predict is the fracturing of the US military, and militarized police with all their assets around the country.
NH, Mane and part of Mass would be rebel. The majority of the NE would be loyalists though.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:20 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:06 pm

NH, Mane and part of Mass would be rebel. The majority of the NE would be loyalists though.
There's a lot of old money in those areas, it would be one of the most interesting regions in a US split or Civil War. I'm not real Skookum on the region...……………. but here's my SWAG

I hate to tell you, but I see Mass as pretty solidly Loyalist with a few Insurgents spray painting Insurgent Graffitti and causing minor problems. New Hampshire and Vermont would be effectively split with the Northern 2/3rds held by the Insurgency and smuggling goods from Canada

Maine would be the most interesting............ hell they can't even put in electoral votes as one state.
PLATA O PLOMO

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:35 pm

You guys sure do fantasize about a war you'd lose.

Let the south rise again. They'd get smacked down again.

The plague of SJWism has given rise to Trump's popularity. Of course if you vote for Trump it's going to stick it to that purple haired trans who reports you for every little thing to your boss, but civil war? Keep dreaming.

At this point, bring it. You rebels have been itching for a fight long enough, done forgot your last beating.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson