How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 04, 2017 10:17 pm

It's worse, really. The only reason for any insurer to cut rates would be competition, and in a number of states, there isn't any. Insurers have been bailing out of the marketplaces all over the map. So that leaves the chronically ill completely fucked.

How much longer are we going to run government policy based on the whims of private companies? Shit is getting weird.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu May 04, 2017 10:22 pm

jediuser598 wrote:From Reuters:
PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS

The treatment of people with "pre-existing" conditions was one of the central issues in the House debate on the bill and is sure to resurface in the Senate.

Obamacare prevented insurers from charging those with pre-existing conditions higher rates, a common practice before its implementation. It also required them to cover 10 essential health benefits such as maternity care and prescription drugs.

The Republican bill passed on Thursday would allow states to opt out of those provisions. While insurers could not deny people insurance because of pre-existing conditions, they would be allowed to charge them as much as they want.

In an analysis released on Thursday, healthcare consultancy and research firm Avalere Health said the Republican bill would cover only 5 percent of enrollees with pre-existing conditions in the individual insurance markets.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-h ... SKBN18014F

Nice, that's pretty much a de facto bringing back of pre-existing conditions.
Should car insurance companies be barred from charging higher premiums to bad drivers?

If you represent a higher risk to an insurer, should you expect to be given the same plan as a lower risk customer?

I don't think you libtards understand business very well.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS

The treatment of people with "pre-existing" conditions was one of the central issues in the House debate on the bill and is sure to resurface in the Senate.

Obamacare prevented insurers from charging those with pre-existing conditions higher rates, a common practice before its implementation. It also required them to cover 10 essential health benefits such as maternity care and prescription drugs.

The Republican bill passed on Thursday would allow states to opt out of those provisions. While insurers could not deny people insurance because of pre-existing conditions, they would be allowed to charge them as much as they want.

In an analysis released on Thursday, healthcare consultancy and research firm Avalere Health said the Republican bill would cover only 5 percent of enrollees with pre-existing conditions in the individual insurance markets.

Should car insurance companies be barred from charging higher premiums to bad drivers?

If you represent a higher risk to an insurer, should you expect to be given the same plan as a lower risk customer?

I don't think you understand insurance pools very well.

I know for a fact that our government doesn't either.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu May 04, 2017 10:37 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

I don't think you understand insurance pools very well.

I know for a fact that our government doesn't either.
What a clown.

Insurance is an investment.

Bad insurees are bad investments, so they pay more.

Stick to working for defunct corporations.

Come back to me when you figure out how all this works.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 pm

Who was it on the old DCF that had their credit in the shit, and was railing against the system?

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Who was it on the old DCF that had their credit in the shit, and was railing against the system?
That'd be me. One credit agency is reporting that I owe the government 310k. I asked the government if I owed them 310k, they said no. Contested the claim by talking to them on the phone, they said they'd investigate. They investigated, didn't change their reporting. Probably going to sue them, we'll see.

Besides them getting my credit score catastrophically wrong and then lying about it to everybody who pulls my credit (I've had banks deny me bank accounts even when I have $2000 to hand them starting out) my credit score is blank. I don't do financing, don't do credit cards, nothing. I'm glad the system is working for you okee, I'm getting fucked.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:17 am

Okee, you have kids. You have a bit more exposure to the damage that this is going to cause. One day (god forbid) you might end up in a place where all your savings are gone and your kid's life is on the line, if that ever happens it will put all of this in a much different perspective. You tell me what you wouldn't do to protect your family.

When a pharmacy is telling you that they're not going to give you that readily available medication, because you can't afford it, and because Government healthcare no longer covers it, and you're out of money to pay for it, things are going to get real. That's what a lot of people are facing. Is Obamacare a good thing? No, but it's better than what we had before.
-Ben Johnson

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 05, 2017 5:32 am

jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you have kids. You have a bit more exposure to the damage that this is going to cause. One day (god forbid) you might end up in a place where all your savings are gone and your kid's life is on the line, if that ever happens it will put all of this in a much different perspective.

And if such a thing did happen....why should the government force the rest of us to pay for it? Your problem is you want the government to force people to pay for things which you believe they should.

You'll come back and say the rich have enough to go around - News fash - the rich arnt the ones primarily paying for the coming single payer system...its what's left of the middle class...the cost of new social entitlements never falls just on the rich...

The fact that you and your acolytes know this but don't give a fuck is why we're speeding to a two class society.....the rich and the proles...

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:00 am

Zlaxer wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you have kids. You have a bit more exposure to the damage that this is going to cause. One day (god forbid) you might end up in a place where all your savings are gone and your kid's life is on the line, if that ever happens it will put all of this in a much different perspective.

And if such a thing did happen....why should the government force the rest of us to pay for it? Your problem is you want the government to force people to pay for things which you believe they should.

You'll come back and say the rich have enough to go around - News fash - the rich arnt the ones primarily paying for the coming single payer system...its what's left of the middle class...

The fact that you and your acolytes simply fail yo understand this is why we're speeding to a two class society.....the rich and the proles...
It's a government of and for the people. I pay taxes, do you think I want my taxes going for killing brown people and securing oil for greedy companies? No, I want my taxes to go towards healthcare and helping people. I think that's more important than killing/hurting others.

So you want what you want and I want what I want, don't act like I'm *out of line* for saying I want my tax dollars go elsewhere.
-Ben Johnson

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 05, 2017 6:16 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

You'll come back and say the rich have enough to go around - News fash - the rich arnt the ones primarily paying for the coming single payer system...its what's left of the middle class...

The fact that you and your acolytes simply fail yo understand this is why we're speeding to a two class society.....the rich and the proles...
It's a government of and for the people. I pay taxes, do you think I want my taxes going for killing brown people and securing oil for greedy companies? No, I want my taxes to go towards healthcare and helping people. I think that's more important than killing/hurting others.

So you want what you want and I want what I want, don't act like I'm *out of line* for saying I want my tax dollars go elsewhere.
Blah blah....emotional argument....blah blah....white people are evil....blah blah.....

What does killing brown people have to do with taxing the middle class out of existence because social entitlements? You act like taxes have to go up (money has to be spent) no matter what...

Take 2 minutes to re-read what I wrote....then take another 5 minutes for the inevitable emotional shit storm to pass before responding.