Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Ph64

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Ph64 » Sun May 06, 2018 3:10 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Again, knives are not illegal
Carrying one around in public with no good reason is illegal.
Pathetic.
Potato peelers aren't illegal, but carrying one around in public can get you arrested.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/16 ... lic_place/#

Can never be too careful, he might be thinking about peeling people's skin off to make an Edgar suit or something...

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 06, 2018 7:32 am

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 am

Just stop dude. You’re trolling at this point.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 06, 2018 7:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Just stop dude. You’re trolling at this point.
OK, I'll admit to a little of that. Returning the favour.
Tell me though, why do you think that young lad (with a criminal record) was carrying a peeler around with him?
Can you not even consider that he might have been carrying it to try and get around the knife laws and wanted to use it as a weapon?
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun May 06, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 06, 2018 8:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
OK, I'll admit to a little of that.
Tell me though, why do you think that young lad (with a criminal record) was carrying a peeler around with him?
Can you not even consider that he might have been carrying it to try and get around the knife laws and wanted to use it as a weapon?
Of course he may have. He also may have been going about his business and no threat to anyone. Hell, he may have been carrying it because he was concerned about being attacked.

Even if he was carrying it with intent to murder, he had not committed an actual crime yet. The government cannot be in the business of reading minds and doling out punishment based on what they think.

The point is not this case. It’s that your government has taken carte Blanche power to arrest anyone that they don’t like, and terrify the rest of the population into compliance.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 06, 2018 8:17 am

Slaves.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 06, 2018 8:19 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Of course he may have. He also may have been going about his business and no threat to anyone. Hell, he may have been carrying it because he was concerned about being attacked.

Even if he was carrying it with intent to murder, he had not committed an actual crime yet. The government cannot be in the business of reading minds and doling out punishment based on what they think.

The point is not this case. It’s that your government has taken carte Blanche power to arrest anyone that they don’t like, and terrify the rest of the population into compliance.
Taking armed criminals off the streets.
Bad government, bad. Must wait until someone gets stabbed.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 06, 2018 8:23 am

Only a criminal because you criminalized pointy things, you fucking idiot.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 06, 2018 9:04 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Taking armed criminals off the streets.
Bad government, bad. Must wait until someone gets stabbed.
If your law was aimed at convicted felons, that would be a step in the right direction. But it’s not, is it. It’s aimed at you.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 06, 2018 9:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: If your law was aimed at convicted felons, that would be a step in the right direction. But it’s not, is it. It’s aimed at you.
I've no idea why you are coming to that conclusion.
I have never been stopped and searched by the police.
This legislation is aimed at the types of people actually commiting knife crimes which is not middle aged chefs living in rural Suffolk. This is your hoodie wearing inner city wanabe gangsters that are targeted.
When it comes to law and order I'm pretty Thatcherite. I certainly don't have the same hatred/fear of the police as a lot of the board seems to have. Cops not having guns helps I'm sure.