Trudeau just called an election

DrYouth

Re: Trudeau just called an election

Post by DrYouth » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:17 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:23 am
is by restricting free speech
In order not to restrict free speech we must allow an indefinite amount of time for candidates to blather on and on and on?

Why, because I'm not going catch Trudeau or O'Toole's bullshit train in the time allotted?

OK Genius.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:46 am

DrYouth wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:17 am
StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:23 am
is by restricting free speech
In order not to restrict free speech we must allow an indefinite amount of time for candidates to blather on and on and on?

Why, because I'm not going catch Trudeau or O'Toole's bullshit train in the time allotted?

OK Genius.
they can blather as much as they want, that's free speech

you might not like how they use their righr, but the alternative is worse, whether you can see it or not

America sees it, if you can't, that just makes you a freedom hating fool, typical Canadian faggot
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:02 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:46 am
America sees it, if you can't, that just makes you a freedom hating fool, typical Canadian faggot
Quite the contrary...

I fully support your right to be an asshole and to express your asshole-self.

Please continue.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:05 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:02 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:46 am
I fully support your right to be an asshole and to express your asshole-self.
just not for politicians outside of a campaign apparently

then your "full support" goes out the window and you support their speech being restricted instead

Canada doing this is Canada getting it right, while America not doing this is them getting it wrong

you don't support what you claim to support, you are just faking it
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:13 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:05 pm

then your "full support" goes out the window and you support their speech being restricted instead
All I said is that I agree with a short duration between calling an election and the actual vote.

During that time and after that time they are free to express themselves all they want, in whatever way they want.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:20 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:13 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:05 pm

All I said is that I agree with a short duration between calling an election and the actual vote.

During that time and after that time they are free to express themselves all they want, in whatever way they want.
distinction without a difference

if you don't support restricting their speech, then they are free to campaign before the campaign

which would then make it no different than America in that regard, aside from Americans knowing the exact date of the election long before Canada lets Canadians know that, hence the shorter campaign period

Canada has no high ground here, you merely front as if they do
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:26 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:20 pm
if you don't support restricting their speech, then they are free to campaign before the campaign

which makes it no different than America, aside from Americans knowing the exact date of the election long before Canada let's Canadians know that
I still don't follow you.

They can campaign all they want before the campaign.

But once an election is called... the vote day is set within a 36day time period.

And they can even campaign after the election if they want... they are free to do so.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:26 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:20 pm

which makes it no different than America, aside from Americans knowing the exact date of the election long before Canada let's Canadians know that
I still don't follow you.

They can campaign all they want before the campaign.

But once an election is called... the vote day is set within a 36day time period.

And they can even campaign after the election if they want... they are free to do so.
the elections in America are called in advance, Canada springs it on Canadians at the last minute

they are not free to campaign in Canada outside the campaign period, there are in fact restrictions against that

it would be nice if there wasn't, but there is, hence why America does this better than Canada

if Canada dropped those restrictions then the only difference would be the amount of time that election dates are known in advance

fake high ground is fake
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:18 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm
they are not free to campaign in Canada outside the campaign period, there are in fact restrictions against that

if Canada dropped those restrictions then the only difference would be the amount of time that election dates are known in advance
All I know is that I like having short election campaigns.

I don't think anyone suffers too much for it.

If that makes me a freedom hating faggot according to Capps....

I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep about it.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:03 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:18 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm

All I know is that I like having short election campaigns.

I don't think anyone suffers too much for it.

If that makes me a freedom hating faggot according to Capps....

I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep about it.
that's a lame way to justify restricting free speech
*yip*