Unfolding London Bridge Incident

Montegriffo

Re: Unfolding London Bridge Incident

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Remind me... were you even born when the last one happened?
Last Catholic terrorist attack? Yes, I was alive and travelling on the tube in London hoping it wasn't going to be my train they blew up.
IRA murders around 2000, ISIS inspired murders around 100. You do the maths.
Wow, you really are an idiot. Since its conception to 2015 ISIS killed over 2000 people. Screw just "Catholics".
Not in the UK they haven't.
As I am regularly called an ISIS sympathiser I'm sure you won't mind me calling you an IRA apologist.
Derp derp.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Last Catholic terrorist attack? Yes, I was alive and travelling on the tube in London hoping it wasn't going to be my train they blew up.
IRA murders around 2000, ISIS inspired murders around 100. You do the maths.
Wow, you really are an idiot. Since its conception to 2015 ISIS killed over 2000 people. Screw just "Catholics".
Not in the UK they haven't.
As I am regularly called an ISIS sympathiser I'm sure you won't mind me calling you an IRA apologist.
Derp derp.
You didn't answer my question.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:11 am

The Conservative wrote:
2000+ murders carried out by all forms of republican, Catholic terrorists. Mostly the provisional Irish Republican Army.
Why does it matter which Catholics carried out these murders? All Catholics are clearly terrorists and incompatible with Western culture, or that's how the argument goes for Muslims.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:28 am

FFS

Seriously people.

Next we will start with the Atheists have killed more people than Theists flaming.

THIS ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.

Terrorism is a thing.

Those that promote it are trying to achieve their motives through inflicting humiliation on the target and provoking sympathy for their cause when the target looks impotent, ineffectual and ideally cruel... causing it to lose popular support on the global stage.

Therefore the correct response is to demonstrate potency, effectiveness and humanity in responding to the attacks. Therefore disarming the terrorists of their popular support.
Last edited by DrYouth on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
2000+ murders carried out by all forms of republican, Catholic terrorists. Mostly the provisional Irish Republican Army.
Why does it matter which Catholics carried out these murders? All Catholics are clearly terrorists and incompatible with Western culture, or that's how the argument goes for Muslims.
You still didn't answer my question.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:57 am

DrYouth wrote:FFS

Seriously people.

Next we will start with the Atheists have killed more people than Theists flaming.

Terrorism is a thing.

Those that promote it are trying to achieve their motives through inflicting humiliation on the target and provoking sympathy for their cause when the target looks impotent, ineffectual and ideally cruel... causing it to lose popular support on the global stage.

Therefore the correct response is to demonstrate potency, effectiveness and humanity in responding to the attacks. Therefore disarming the terrorists of their popular support.
This is the point I was trying to make, maybe I employed too much sarcasm. These attacks just like those of the IRA are politically motivated not caused by religion. The perpetrators are trying to combat perceived wrongs by means of violence rather than democratic ones. Rounding up and deporting all members of a particular faith will do nothing but escalate the violence.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:59 am

Therefore the correct response is to demonstrate potency, effectiveness and humanity
Lying supine and taking it is not potent, or effective.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:

Seriously people.

Terrorism is a thing.

This is the point I was trying to make, maybe I employed too much sarcasm. These attacks just like those of the IRA are politically motivated not caused by religion. The perpetrators are trying to combat perceived wrongs by means of violence rather than democratic ones. Rounding up and deporting all members of a particular faith will do nothing but escalate the violence.
The fact you think it's political is actually frightening.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:59 am

Hey Brits . . . you have my sincere condolences.

You guys have been through a few hard months. We're familiar with the after effects of terror attacks on ones society and homeland, where folks are wandering around in a confused and sorrowful stupor. Sadly more and more of the world seems to be familiar with that feeling every day. Keep your chin up, soldier on. Here's hoping the rest of 2017 takes it easier on you all.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:17 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Seriously people.

Terrorism is a thing.

The fact you think it's political is actually frightening.
It really is. The IRA situation was political with a religious component in the background. Muslim terrorism is almost wholly religious
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session