Re: Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by Kill the King » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Sorry I'm new at this but fuck the Paris accords

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:05 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Ph64 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Isn't it a time honored tradition for the US to pull out of Climate change shit? I thought we did the same thing with the Kyoto ones decades back. Does anyone honestly believe that Climate change or any important problem ever got solved by a fucking G20 summit or a group of governments? When the UN can't stop sub-Saharan Africans from hacking each other to death with machetes, I question my faith in the power of international organizations.
You can tell how serious all these politicians are about climate change when in this day and age of computers and tele/videoconferencing they all hop into fuel guzzling pollution (especially if you consider CO2 pollution) generating airplanes, many of them even more wasteful private jets, to fly 1/2 way around the planet for many of them, to attend a "climate accord" to profess how seriously they're working on cutting emissions. :roll:
And yet global warming is real, and really can not be dealt without global effort.

I have to agree the disconnect between word and action by the VIPs shows a lack of concern. I can't wait for Miami to disappear.
You do realize that Pitbull "Mister Worldwide" is from Miami right? Losing that Miami boy would be the cultural equivalent of losing one thousand Louvres. Arguably the biggest tragedy of global warming that nobody is even talking about...
Shikata ga nai

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Kill the King wrote:Sorry I'm new at this but fuck the Paris accords
You're doing just fine.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Kill the King wrote:Sorry I'm new at this but fuck the Paris accords
You're doing just fine.
Yep, we just got extracated from one more foreign entanglement.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:17 pm

I still haven't recovered from when we left the Kyoto Accords...

Should note that America's darling loses 1 Billion dollars per month. Mr. Elon Musk. He's taken more money from the government than anyone in the history of America. Obama subsidized his whole fucking company.

I'm all for science, but man, hey media, call it like it is you fucks.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:51 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:I still haven't recovered from when we left the Kyoto Accords...

Should note that America's darling loses 1 Billion dollars per month. Mr. Elon Musk. He's taken more money from the government than anyone in the history of America. Obama subsidized his whole fucking company.

+1

Everyone wants Green Energy that works. Problem is, it doesn't really work right now. Subsidizing corporations does nothing. Carbon Emissions is a scam.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:56 am

skankhunt42 wrote:I still haven't recovered from when we left the Kyoto Accords....
I feel ya, bro: my Y2K PTSD hasn't quite cleared up.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:04 am

C-Mag wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:I still haven't recovered from when we left the Kyoto Accords...

+1

Everyone wants Green Energy that works. Problem is, it doesn't really work right now. Subsidizing corporations does nothing. Carbon Emissions is a scam.
Everyone wants green technology, but nobody really wants to pay for it.

I'm sure the market will save us. Praise Market!
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:44 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

+1

It is the only thing that can. Liberals are going to have to put their money where their mouth are. And none of that Solyndra, tesla nonsense. They are going to have to be early adopters and they are going to have to fail and no bailouts.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:50 am

clubgop wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
+1

It is the only thing that can. Liberals are going to have to put their money where their mouth are. And none of that Solyndra, tesla nonsense. They are going to have to be early adopters and they are going to have to fail and no bailouts.
And I'm sure conservatives will continue to have zero ideas and zero solutions, and then swoop in and take credit for anything that works.
The world keeps turning.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen