Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:41 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:01 am

Thanks.
Of course, human nature being what it is, the selfish panic buying has started ensuring that petrol stations are now running out of fuel.
:roll:
Any actual evidence of ‘panic buying’, or is the government blaming people for the supply shortage? :think:
Yes, plenty of evidence of panic buying.
The government is blaming a lack of HGV drivers but being really careful not to admit that Brexit is largely to blame for the driver shortage.
One of Boris's first commands to his MPs after the election was thou shalt not mention the B word.
I don't know why we can't just go back to burning Catholics for fuel like the good old days.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:41 am

Of course, human nature being what it is, the selfish panic buying has started ensuring that petrol stations are now running out of fuel.
:roll:
Any actual evidence of ‘panic buying’, or is the government blaming people for the supply shortage? :think:
The government is blaming a lack of HGV drivers but being really careful not to admit that Brexit is largely to blame for the driver shortage.
One of Boris's first commands to his MPs after the election was thou shalt not mention the B word.
I don't know why we can't just go back to burning Catholics for fuel like the good old days.
Dare to dream LOL

Im sure we can find enough antifa bodies to stay warm.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:50 am

Montegriffo wrote:

What Brits can't drive a fucking truck ?

Needing to import labor to drive you trucks = we want more brown people on our island.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:50 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Needing to import labor to drive you trucks = we want more brown people on our island.
I think you misunderstand.
EU lorry drivers didn't move to the UK (and they were mostly white BTW).
Before January the 1st this year EU drivers could cross the channel and deliver their load to it's destination and pick up a return load to take back to the continent.
Now visa requirements make that a PIA so they just drop their load at the ports.
This has led to a shortage of around 10,000 drivers to distribute loads around the UK.
The road haulage association has been warning about this for months and months.
As a result BoJo is being pressured to loosen visa requirements and make HGV tests easier to pass.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Before January the 1st this year EU drivers could cross the channel and deliver their load to it's destination and pick up a return load to take back to the continent.
Now visa requirements make that a PIA so they just drop their load at the ports.
This has led to a shortage of around 10,000 drivers to distribute loads around the UK.
As a result BoJo is being pressured to loosen visa requirements and make HGV tests easier to pass.
Again, Brits can't drive a truck. You have a shortage in your country. Fix it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm
C-Mag wrote:

They are trying, hence the easier HGV test and higher wages.
It takes time to train drivers though and the distribution network is failing right now.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:24 pm
They are trying, hence the easier HGV test and higher wages.
It takes time to train drivers though and the distribution network is failing right now.
[/quote]

The way I see this, it's an easy thing to blame on BREXIT, something the ruling class didn't want. So anytime there is a problem............ BREXIT, we told you so. Fact is, Globalism is dying, it's too expensive to ship shit around the globe, foreign labor is too expensive and there's this island called England that can only produce a fraction of what it needs.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:13 am

I keep hearing Auto Parts shortages, and poor production from a number of sources. So add that to the list.
https://www.globaldata.com/automotive-s ... lobaldata/

Also, I understand COSTCO is now rationing items.
PLATA O PLOMO

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:14 pm

Auto part prices are going up. I was quoted $1,000 for a job in April that is now $1500. The increase was entirely parts, not labor. People are going to be hurting by Christmas if this keeps up.....which it will. It may even increase between now and the end of the year.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:19 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:14 pm
Auto part prices are going up. I was quoted $1,000 for a job in April that is now $1500. The increase was entirely parts, not labor. People are going to be hurting by Christmas if this keeps up.....which it will. It may even increase between now and the end of the year.
Indeed.
I'm going to stock up on oil filters and shit I always use. 2022 gonna be wild man.
Junk Yards gonna be a thing again.
PLATA O PLOMO