Trump's SCOTUS

Speaker to Animals

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It doesn't matter what you do. They lost all power at the national level, and they lost the Supreme Court. They will resort to more organized violence before long. Bet that. They did it before and they very well are capable of doing it again.
Bring it!
:violence-guntoting:

Dude, now you have the Festivus spirit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:51 pm

It kind of looks like the left is about to merge with jihadis and BLM, honestly.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:51 pm

those reddit wambulance calls nuke posted made my day.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Some of y'all may not be looking long enough down the lane. The Republicans stand a good chance of retaining their majorities in the house and senate come 2018, and it's hardly unlikely they may even improve upon them. Should Kennedy say, screw you guys, I'm going home----,now, I'd think it best to give the Dems less to chew on--some woman, perhaps, who's been steady, but kinda quiet. They're going to go into full frenzy mode anyway, so let them piss and moan over a person whom the least rabid Dems at home might see as somewhat sympathetic. After twenty-eighteen--whatever the results--if Sotomayor goes into a diabetic coma or something, then stick some brimstone in their gobs and let them choke.
Just sayin'.
You make valid political points.
My point is not political, it's about integrity in the system. The law is the law, so it's been explained to me every time I've infringed upon it. Same holds true for the Constitution, if someone wants the law changed we have processes for that. How will we ever push back the surveillance state for instance if we don't take a strict stand on the Constitution.

As far as politics, the SJWs and their ilk can suck it. We need to reaffirm that if you are a strict Constitutionalist, you are not some kind of radical, crazy person, you are in fact a moderate standing by the law of the land. As Dr Hash says, when arguing with Liberals, don't let them make you defend against their accusations of what you are.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Some of y'all may not be looking long enough down the lane. The Republicans stand a good chance of retaining their majorities in the house and senate come 2018, and it's hardly unlikely they may even improve upon them. Should Kennedy say, screw you guys, I'm going home----,now, I'd think it best to give the Dems less to chew on--some woman, perhaps, who's been steady, but kinda quiet. They're going to go into full frenzy mode anyway, so let them piss and moan over a person whom the least rabid Dems at home might see as somewhat sympathetic. After twenty-eighteen--whatever the results--if Sotomayor goes into a diabetic coma or something, then stick some brimstone in their gobs and let them choke.
Just sayin'.
You make valid political points.
My point is not political, it's about integrity in the system. The law is the law, so it's been explained to me every time I've infringed upon it. Same holds true for the Constitution, if someone wants the law changed we have processes for that. How will we ever push back the surveillance state for instance if we don't take a strict stand on the Constitution.

As far as politics, the SJWs and their ilk can suck it. We need to reaffirm that if you are a strict Constitutionalist, you are not some kind of radical, crazy person, you are in fact a moderate standing by the law of the land. As Dr Hash says, when arguing with Liberals, don't let them make you defend against their accusations of what you are.
I agree. I'm only suggesting that another Kennedy--whom I believe respected the constitution scrupulously, without the "tinge" of conservatism, might be a better pick at the moment. The constitution (the way I understand it) is solid on most matters which would seem to pertain the Supreme Court; however, if I somehow ended up working there in my Harry Potter Robes and the case of asshole gay couple vs dickhead miniature golf owner landed on my desk, I'd ask Ginsburg to lend me a loan of her hip flask and flip a fucking coin.
So, when the rainbow flag people sue, or get sued, by the rainbow flag people with the extra black and brown stripes, I want a person on the court who will pull a decision out of an unmentionable orifice without having to fall back on a predetermined label.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: I agree. I'm only suggesting that another Kennedy--whom I believe respected the constitution scrupulously, without the "tinge" of conservatism, might be a better pick at the moment. The constitution (the way I understand it) is solid on most matters which would seem to pertain the Supreme Court; however, if I somehow ended up working there in my Harry Potter Robes and the case of asshole gay couple vs dickhead miniature golf owner landed on my desk, I'd ask Ginsburg to lend me a loan of her hip flask and flip a fucking coin.
So, when the rainbow flag people sue, or get sued, by the rainbow flag people with the extra black and brown stripes, I want a person on the court who will pull a decision out of an unmentionable orifice without having to fall back on a predetermined label.
Yeah, and I've usually been a guy that would promote similar thoughts as well. But I'm tired of average folks always having to be the one to moderate their views, to 'move to the center', to reach across the aisle. Because what happens is Sessions recuses himself for 2 meetings with a guy he doesn't even know, and Mueller won't recuse himself when his buddy and protégé is a key witness in a case. It's bullshit. I'm tired of it, let's just strictly follow the law.
PLATA O PLOMO

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Just sayin'.
A note on 2018. Dems need 24 seats in the House. That is a tall order, they would have to keep all seats where Trump won and take all 23 districts where GOP sits now but Hillary won. And then they would have to pull off some wins in districts like Georgia's 6th, we know how that went? The Senate, no way. The GOP has 43 seats not up for reelection and there are about 7 seats that are safe for GOP so that is 50 right there. If Dems are sober and smart, they will spend their time and money defending seats in states Trump won including Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Ohio, West Virgina, PA, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Missouri.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:40 pm

clubgop wrote: If Dems are sober and smart, they will spend their time and money defending seats in states Trump won including Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Ohio, West Virgina, PA, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Missouri.
4-5 of those states are going to be doing very well over the next year and a half with Trumps energy policies as well

Oil - Montana, North Dakota
Coal - Montana, West Virginia, Ohio, PA

GOP is not likely to get Michigan, 3rd term senator, or Missouri, McKaskill is a 2nd term and Legacy Dem

I think Indiana is going to be up for grabs. It's a long way off, but today I would say the GOP ends the election with 56-44 advantage.
PLATA O PLOMO

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
clubgop wrote: If Dems are sober and smart, they will spend their time and money defending seats in states Trump won including Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Ohio, West Virgina, PA, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Missouri.
4-5 of those states are going to be doing very well over the next year and a half with Trumps energy policies as well

Oil - Montana, North Dakota
Coal - Montana, West Virginia, Ohio, PA

GOP is not likely to get Michigan, 3rd term senator, or Missouri, McKaskill is a 2nd term and Legacy Dem

I think Indiana is going to be up for grabs. It's a long way off, but today I would say the GOP ends the election with 56-44 advantage.
Michigan is a hard ask, I think WV is also out of reach with Manchin. PA is a third term and a legacy Dem that is going to be more difficult than Missouri. Hey maybe a miracle can be pulled off in Virginia and Minnesota.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:31 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Negative. He has the power to wipe out the left for a generation at the national level. No compromise. If they had their way, you'd be in a gulag, so fuck them.

The Constitution is the Law of the Land, anyone who is not a srict Constitutionalist is a radical, actively
subverting the Law.

That's pretty much the entire democratic party and maybe a third of the GOP.
And your point?
#NotOneRedCent