Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

C-Mag

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:17 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 am

Any actual evidence of ‘panic buying’, or is the government blaming people for the supply shortage? :think:
People have been indoctrinated by the Globohomo's that you can get whatever your want at a moments notice and they will always have plenty of supply on hand. That is a very, very recent phenomena. Now, they supply chains are stressed and the machine is faltering. Likely a combination of both shortages and a little Oh Shit too. People are stupid to think things are just going to be magically available. Harder times are coming, best learn your lessons early and not be so reliant on the globohomo supply system.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:04 am

Anyone trying to buy a Playstation 5, iPad, or laptop the last 18 month should be painfully aware that supply is not infinite by now.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:07 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:04 am
Anyone trying to buy a Playstation 5, iPad, or laptop the last 18 month should be painfully aware that supply is not infinite by now.
This is the death of Globalism. Embrace the Suck.
Maybe a little planning ahead is in order :think:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:37 am

DBTrek wrote:
Got two iPads, a Mac Mini, built my own PC, and got a ton of other stuff.

It's only "not infinite" if you don't know where to look.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:37 am
DBTrek wrote:

No, as usual you simply don't know what you're talking about.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 am
The Conservative wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

No, as usual you simply don't know what you're talking about.
Really? So the fact I counter what you said and it doesn't fit your narrative, you decide to say I'm wrong?
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:03 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 am
Really? So the fact I counter what you said and it doesn't fit your narrative, you decide to say I'm wrong?
No, you're wrong because you don't know what you're talking about, and because you think your personal anecdotes *prove* the existence of an infinite supply of semiconductors.

But the rest of the world, and I do mean *world*, is acutely aware of silicon chip shortages - and the fact that a narrow group of iPad minis exist on the shelf at Best Buy, with a dismal amount of features, is not counter-evidence that there is no shortage.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:37 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:03 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 am
No, you're wrong because you don't know what you're talking about, and because you think your personal anecdotes *prove* the existence of an infinite supply of semiconductors.

But the rest of the world, and I do mean *world*, is acutely aware of silicon chip shortages - and the fact that a narrow group of iPad minis exist on the shelf at Best Buy, with a dismal amount of features, is not counter-evidence that there is no shortage.
There is a silicon chip shortage because these companies didn't play their cards right. They assumed things, stopped orders, or canceled them outright, and in doing so they caused their own shortages.

The hardware to get these products are there, the problem is that the producers can't keep up with the demand because of a lack of planning. It really is as simple as that.

I am saying products are there to be bought, and they are. I have been able to find anything and everything people have been crying for this entire pandemic without issue. You just need to know where to go, and where to look.

The fear is there because people are not smart enough to know how to navigate the systems... and the average person out there are idiots. Most people would die if everything collapsed, so if you want to say I don't know what I am talking about go for it, but don't blame me for the ignorance of the masses and their lack of ability to do things because "big tech" or whoever said it wasn't possible because of their own ineptitude.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:43 am

The Conservative wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:37 am
There is a silicon chip shortage because these companies didn't play their cards right.
That.
Right there.
That's why I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about.
You can't both have an "infinite supply" of out-of-stock tech -and- a shortage.
Those two things are polar opposites.
They cannot coexist in reality.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:43 am
The Conservative wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:37 am
There is a silicon chip shortage because these companies didn't play their cards right.
That.
Right there.
That's why I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about.
You can't both have an "infinite supply" of out-of-stock tech -and- a shortage.
Those two things are polar opposites.
They cannot coexist in reality.
Yes... yes you can.

When you need to produce more than you are able to, it becomes a shortage.

Companies like Intel and AMD were on a path of no issues, but the problem was when COVID hit, they thought the requirements of their hardware were going to diminish, so they canceled orders. This didn't happen.

The producers of said hardware are now trying to play catch up.

The issue is not that there is a limit of hardware because of lack of resources, it's a lack of production ability.

If you want to "fix it", make it so that the US has their own production system in this country, and you may actually get ahead of the game, but what do I know... I know shit about how production works. I just used to have to keep a warehouse full of inventory for constant production year-round for a company that worked on creating the dunk tanks and other instruments for Intel, AMD, and other microprocessor companies... I don't know a thing about supply lines, production lines, delays or resource reductions... nope, not at all.
#NotOneRedCent