*yip*

Montegriffo

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:05 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:32 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:31 am
I may embellish a bit, she’s not complete trash or anything, just not of interest to me romantically. A little emotionally unstable, and not a particularly inspiring thinker. We’ve forced it to work though, for the kids. All marriages end up as a partnership anyway, not usually a romance.
I ain't settling for what others put up with, let them have their romanceless partnerships, that just leaves more romantic partnership for me, suckah
Well, since you are in your prime and can't even get laid you probably shouldn't be giving relationship advice in the first place.
Medice, cura te ipsum
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:08 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:05 am
can't even get laid
Projection Over 9000

Can't attack the message, so you attack the messenger, who knew?
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:16 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:08 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:05 am
can't even get laid
Projection Over 9000
I've never had a problem getting laid. I'm single because I choose to be.
You won't find me moaning that I can't find a woman or criticising another man's relationship.
At 31 I was beating them off with a stick.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:16 am
You're just mad that someone you consider to be less of an expert than yourself gives better advice than you do, like writing off all the advice of a good coach just because they weren't the greatest player in the world, very foolish

You can't provide any valuable advice of your own, so you shit on the advice of others, but mostly you just shit on others without even shitting on the advice, because you can't do so effectively

When you aren't getting laid right now, and you throw stones at people for not getting laid right now, you just make yourself look like a moron, and a bitter one with no self awareness at that
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:37 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 am
Montegriffo wrote:
You're just mad that someone you consider to be less of an expert than yourself gives better advice than you do, like writing off all the advice of a good coach just because they weren't the greatest player in the world, very foolish

You can't provide any valuable advice of your own, so you shit on the advice of others, but mostly you just shit on others without even shitting on the advice, because you can't do so effectively

When you aren't getting laid right now, and you throw stones at people for not getting laid right now, you just make yourself look like a moron, and a bitter one with no self awareness at that
I would never presume to tell another person how to deal with his relationship problems unless asked directly for advice. You shouldn't either.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:38 am

I'm very thankful I married my wife. Six years my junior, the best woman on the planet. Every day I walk this earth I look at her and realize that there was nothing about me that made me deserve her, or the kids we have together. We both were each others firsts, and we've been a cohesive unit ever since. She knows me better than anyone, and furthermore understands me, even when I go on a rant about Dixie, she knows my heart.

Every day I'm out of the house, having to work in this environment, I do it not just so my spawn can eat and be relatively secure. I'm fighting to give my wife the life she daydreamed about when she was a little girl.

I think that's why Grumpy's story upsets me, so. I used to go in on him for not trying to make a relationship with his wife (whom I'm not convinced is the ogre he presents online). I think the problem with him is that his lashes are millimeters away from his colon.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:37 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 am
Montegriffo wrote:

I would never presume to tell another person how to deal with his relationship problems unless asked directly for advice. You shouldn't either.
I will offer my advice and they can take it or leave, no one is forcing them to listen, or act on said advice

You act like giving advice about women is a bad thing, and you have the moral high ground for not giving any, which is hilarious, ridiculous and preposterous

Last edited by StCapps on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:48 am

Good news, Smitty!

This has been reproduced in the US and France.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:01 am

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:38 am
(whom I'm not convinced is the ogre he presents online).
Since we only have one side of the story I think that is a perfectly acceptable position to take but I look at all the things he is doing right rather than speculating or criticising him for those things he may be getting wrong.
Besides, I always thought that the conservative position was to struggle through marriage problems in order to keep the family unit together.
If Grumpy can provide a loving home for his kids and work hard to feed, clothe and support them whilst sacrificing his own romantic happiness it seems to me that he has got far more right than he has got wrong.
I'm far more like Smitty in that I'm a selfish hedonist who cares more for my own happiness and don't wish to compromise that by taking on the difficult task of bringing children into this world.
If we were all like that the human race would be in serious problems.