Public School Education System Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:53 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Well needless to say, I'm super stoked our new first and second generation American replacements figured out how to get a degree when it took some stupid white people forever.
  • Full-time retention rate 63%
    Graduation rate 10%
    Transfer-out rate 18%
    Entering students who are full-time first-time undergraduates 42%
    Student-faculty ratio 24
The school has an open admissions policy and offers credit for life experiences.
https://www.usnews.com/education/commun ... ge-CC02698

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:57 pm

:facepalm:

Must be nice to know that you're one of the last people to get a degree while it's still worth anything at all.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:08 pm

TheReal_ND wrote::facepalm:

Must be nice to know that you're one of the last people to get a degree while it's still worth anything at all.
UT has reigned in their hard sciences. I think I said it already. No minors in math, physics, or engineering. No degrees awarded without sixty credit hours in your major for math, physics, and engineering majors. No double majors for math, physics and engineering. It's the schools that were given control over this. The other schools don't seem to have made the same changes. History and stuff like that still give a minor with something like 15 credit hours.

About half of the classes for junior and senior year on my degree plan are classes I've already taken. I'll have a minor in history. Just in case this engineering thing doesn't work out.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

UT has reigned in their hard sciences. I think I said it already. No minors in math, physics, or engineering. No degrees awarded without sixty credit hours in your major for math, physics, and engineering majors. No double majors for math, physics and engineering. It's the schools that were given control over this. The other schools don't seem to have made the same changes. History and stuff like that still give a minor with something like 15 credit hours.

About half of the classes for junior and senior year on my degree plan are classes I've already taken. I'll have a minor in history. Just in case this engineering thing doesn't work out.
The history thing won't work out either, nobody today knows shit about history, or wants to. Should've minored in womyns studies, and be planning for your new gender after graduation. :twisted:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

The history thing won't work out either, nobody today knows shit about history, or wants to. Should've minored in womyns studies, and be planning for your new gender after graduation. :twisted:
Remember, Dan almost minored in history.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31 pm

History was more cool back in the 80s. Now anything prior to last week is Rayciss Bigoted White Cisgendered Patriarchy and not to be tolerated. :lol:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:33 pm

I'm taking history of the roman republic in the fall.

Can't wait.

Sulla did nothing wrong!

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I'm taking history of the roman republic in the fall.

Can't wait.

Sulla did nothing wrong!
It took 100 more years after the "civil war" for PoC to even get partial respect from the White Patriarchy.

...what do you mean different civil war? Well, whatever, anything else is unimportant.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:09 am

Meanwhile in California....

California College Boss Wants Algebra Graduation Requirement Gone, Says it’s ‘Civil Rights Issue’
The chancellor of California’s community college system has raised eyebrows after suggesting colleges should drop the algebra requirement, claiming it’s a “civil rights issue”.

Eloy Oritz Oakley, the boss of 113 community colleges in California, made his suggestion during an interview with NPR. He said the algebra requirement is particularly troublesome because it prevents a number of students from graduating from community colleges, adding that almost 50 percent of students don’t meet the standard.

“This is a civil rights issue, but this is also something that plagues all Americans — particularly low-income Americans,” he said.

“If you think about all the underemployed or unemployed Americans in this country who cannot connect to a job in this economy — which is unforgiving of those students who don’t have a credential — the biggest barrier for them is this algebra requirement. It’s what has kept them from achieving a credential.”

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 am

Fife wrote:Meanwhile in California....

California College Boss Wants Algebra Graduation Requirement Gone, Says it’s ‘Civil Rights Issue’
The chancellor of California’s community college system has raised eyebrows after suggesting colleges should drop the algebra requirement, claiming it’s a “civil rights issue”.

Eloy Oritz Oakley, the boss of 113 community colleges in California, made his suggestion during an interview with NPR. He said the algebra requirement is particularly troublesome because it prevents a number of students from graduating from community colleges, adding that almost 50 percent of students don’t meet the standard.

“This is a civil rights issue, but this is also something that plagues all Americans — particularly low-income Americans,” he said.

“If you think about all the underemployed or unemployed Americans in this country who cannot connect to a job in this economy — which is unforgiving of those students who don’t have a credential — the biggest barrier for them is this algebra requirement. It’s what has kept them from achieving a credential.”
Yes, let's push more people out into the world who have the piece of paper, but none of the actual qualifications to back it up. Absolutely fuckin' brilliant idea, that is.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.