Trump's SCOTUS

StCapps

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:11 pm

de officiis wrote:Dude, I voted for Trump--twice, which is more than you did. I can't account for your current attitudes about him, but during the campaign you were one of the biggest Trump advocates on the DCF. Why you deny that is a mystery, but since you're on record as being down with politicians lying to their constituents when it is expedient, one can only assume that you share similar attitudes about your own conduct.
I never endorsed Trump. I have defended him from many of the dumbest criticisms leveled against him. There was a lot of dumb criticisms of Trump thus far and I'm sure there will continue to be dumb criticisms of him in the future. That hardly makes me his biggest supporter, I trash him all the time as well, there is a flip side to that coin if you don't cherry pick my posts.

Politicians lie, if that still shocks you and/or you get all butthurt that it doesn't shock me, that's not my problem.

None of the above post is a new revelation to anyone actually paying attention.
/shrugs
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Kath wrote:You're going to lose almost everyone if you claim DeO is the irrational one. Truly.
I don't know... quite a few people have gone off the deep end here... we may not always agree with him, but he's not wrong about you going off kilter lately.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 pm

The Conservative wrote:I don't know... quite a few people have gone off the deep end here... we may not always agree with him, but he's not wrong about you going off kilter lately.
That is a valid assessment. It happens whenever I spend too much time around crazy; and there's quite a lot of crazy, here. Coming in less frequently and not lurking while I'm not posting has helped a lot. I've no desire to crazy-post.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:I don't know... quite a few people have gone off the deep end here... we may not always agree with him, but he's not wrong about you going off kilter lately.
That is a valid assessment. It happens whenever I spend too much time around crazy; and there's quite a lot of crazy, here. Coming in less frequently and not lurking while I'm not posting has helped a lot. I've no desire to crazy-post.
If you wish to have a proper claim to being above those labeling you a Clinton sycophant, you might want to knock off the constant claims of Trump sycophancy. There was a time back on the DCF when you were above doing that for a while and you could make that claim, but then you started to get annoyed at some folks strawmanning you as a Clinton Lover and you started resorting to same tactics against Trump supporters but only those who you thought were doing the same to you. Then after a while of that it got even worse as your forum experience predictably worsened as the result of your unwise reaction, and then you started lumping in anyone who pointed out that change in your posting behavior as just another Trump sycophant, not just those Trump supporters who were stooping to calling you Clinton sycophant. You starting to get a little bit better as of late but that is still pretty much where you're at.

I have no doubt that you are capable of getting back to old Kath who was above that shit, but until you stop the cycle of retaliation that you got suckered into, that is never going to happen. I'm not trying to insult you Kath, I'm seriously trying to give you solid advice here, if you took a little of it, I think you'd find your forum experience around here improve considerably over time. Just ignore the dummies and stop sinking to their level, you've done it before and you can do it again.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Let's be clear. My anti-Trump was viewed as loving Hillary because I wouldn't berate her constantly. Why did I need to, though? Who was really supporting her on the forum that I could challenge? Nobody. Nobody was in Hillary's cheering section so there was no reason to give a compelling argument why Hillary was a lousy choice. Do you often tell people why they shouldn't like something they already don't like? Doesn't that get rather broken-record sounding?

"Hey, don't eat at Jack's Pizza, they have roaches."
"I don't each at Jack's Pizza. It sucks."
"But I have to explain to you, in detail, over and over, why you shouldn't eat at Jack's pizza."
"I don't each at Jack's Pizza. It sucks."
"But, really, you need to understand how bad..."
"I don't each at Jack's Pizza. It sucks." Also, don't eat at Dave's Pizza. It's a nightmare!"
"Ah HAH! I knew you loved Jack's Pizza."

That's the dialogue you were having with me wrt Hillary and Trump.

And your failure to remember how Donald was APPLAUDED on the forum for saying shit like "I could kill someone on 5th avenue" and "I grab pussy without asking," is pathetic. Everyone was championing his back alley humor as something desperately needed in the White House.

If you guys had said something like, "Yeah, the man is a disgusting pig that I wouldn't trust alone with my daughter.... but I'm voting for him anyway because he's not Hillary," then that would have been honest, at least. Pretending he was a paragon of virtue while Hillary was literally the devil himself was about as dishonest as you can get.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Kath wrote:Let's be clear. My anti-Trump was viewed as loving Hillary because I wouldn't berate her constantly. Why did I need to, though? Who was really supporting her on the forum that I could challenge? Nobody. Nobody was in Hillary's cheering section so there was no reason to give a compelling argument why Hillary was a lousy choice. Do you often tell people why they shouldn't like something they already don't like? Doesn't that get rather broken-record sounding?
Yet you turn around and accuse me of pro-Trump bias because I didn't berate him as often as you do? You bitch about others jumping to those conclusions about you and then turn around and do the exact same thing to me while pointing fingers and never looking in the mirror. You hypocrite.
:naughty:
Kath wrote:And your failure to remember how Donald was APPLAUDED on the forum for saying shit like "I could kill someone on 5th avenue" and "I grab pussy without asking," is pathetic. Everyone was championing his back alley humor as something desperately needed in the White House.

If you guys had said something like, "Yeah, the man is a disgusting pig that I wouldn't trust alone with my daughter.... but I'm voting for him anyway because he's not Hillary," then that would have been honest, at least. Pretending he was a paragon of virtue while Hillary was literally the devil himself was about as dishonest as you can get.
I never pretended Trump was a paragon of virtue just because I crapped on Clinton more than him. No one applauded Trump's pussy grabbing comments, they just deflected your mostly terrible criticisms of those comments, you couldn't even pick your battles right with Trump on that one, and that was an easy win you squandered by accusing him of admitting to sexual assault.

The kill someone on fifth avenue comments should not inspire any outrage, that's clearly a joke, if you want to hate on Trump for telling jokes that you don't like, well then that goes toward my point about you not picking your battles against Trump very wisely. There are plenty of good criticisms you can make of Trump yet you reach for straws instead of picking your spots for some reason, that's not my fault.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Your memory is flawed. The pussy grabbing joke was applauded as something "all men engage in, all the time." (Which is total bullshit. Assholes do, for sure.)

And Trump was laughing at his supporters. He wasn't joking. He was laughing at how conned he had everyone, because he could do anything (kill someone, grab pussy) and his fan base wouldn't care. And it was 100% true. Even now, there are die hard Trump supporters who literally do not care that he is adopting a more main stream agenda that is a complete reversal of what he campaigned on, even though a few of his new positions mirror Hillary's positions. It's pretty hilarious to watch.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Kath wrote:Your memory is flawed. The pussy grabbing joke was applauded as something "all men engage in, all the time." (Which is total bullshit. Assholes do, for sure.)
That's not applause, that's an explanation.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Kath wrote:And Trump was laughing at his supporters. He wasn't joking. He was laughing at how conned he had everyone, because he could do anything (kill someone, grab pussy) and his fan base wouldn't care.
Pick your battles better. That is a pretty terrible reason to be mad at Trump, making a joke about the loyalty of his base. Yet you wonder why people don't get why you're so anti-Trump when this is the material you choose to bring to the table as explanations for disliking him. Step your game up, it's not even hard, I make far more valid criticisms of Trump than you ever get around to because you are too busy focused on things you shouldn't even care about and I don't get bogged down getting mad at that stuff.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:22 pm

StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:And Trump was laughing at his supporters. He wasn't joking. He was laughing at how conned he had everyone, because he could do anything (kill someone, grab pussy) and his fan base wouldn't care.
Pick your battles better. That is a pretty terrible reason to be mad at Trump, making a joke about the loyalty of his base. Yet you wonder why people don't get why your so mad about Trump when this is the material you choose to bring to the table, step your game up, it's not even hard. I make far more valid criticisms of Trump than you ever do because you are too busy focused on things you shouldn't even care about and I don't get bogged down getting mad at that stuff.
Whatever you have to tell yourself, Capps.

You're talking about people who call Michelle Obama a man, repeatedly; refer to the Muslim president, pick on Hillary's looks.... all as a means of degrading their opponent, but I'm supposed to just shrug off all the ACTUAL instances of Trump being a pig?

Pfft. Hypocrite much?
Account abandoned.