Meanwhile in Ukraine

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:42 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:48 pm
Port workers at the port of Genoa refuse to send weapons to Ukraine.
Mass demonstrations against the EU and NATO also took place in Rome, Milan, Naples, Turin, Florence and many other Italian cities.

Opinion polls in Itally are 89% against supporting Ukraine.

This war is going to destroy NATO
We can hope.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:43 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:06 pm
I believe Kristaps was in Ukraine covering the war.
Ding. Ding. Ding. We got a winner.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:08 pm

Here are bullet points of updates I'm seeing.
- Biden told Kiev that US supplies are not infinite and that the war needs to end.
- Poland is starting to limit free speech as Polish citizens are speaking out against the war.
- Bakmut has been functionally encircled in the last 24 hours. The only two roads left are through fields and every is starting to thaw.
- There are reports of a Ukrainian counter attack on the northern pincer of the Russian advance, but those reports appear to either be false or the attacks failed

BLUF - I still believe the US is going to leave Ukraine hanging. They are just looking for a good time to get out.

Bakmut is a weird battle/siege. It's turned into a Stalingrad like battle of this war. No one can really answer why Bakmut is important to both sides, sound like its a transportation hub, but that's it. The town has been under siege since the start of the war, it has been a thorn in Russia's side and a point of pride for Kiev. I personally think it's just become a test of wills. Regardless, Bakmut is likely to fall, and maybe for no other reason than the weather. With the limited mobility right now, Ukraine likely won't be able to mount the type of counter attack required to save the rubble of Bakmut.

I have no idea what happens after Bakmut. My guess is, slow advance by Russia, then we see big battles in the Summer as both sides try to mount offensives. I still believe the West is going to try to mass supplies, equipment and troops for a large offensive in the Summer, take as much ground a possible, and then try to negotiate peace from a strong position.

Hopefully we can end it all there.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:25 pm

NATO commander General Cavoli admits that we weren't ready for the type of war we see in Ukraine.

This is utterly stunning. Everyone knows the trap of fighting the last war, yet here we are. He says we are not ready in equipment, manpower and organization
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:02 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:25 pm
NATO commander General Cavoli admits that we weren't ready for the type of war we see in Ukraine.

This is utterly stunning. Everyone knows the trap of fighting the last war, yet here we are. He says we are not ready in equipment, manpower and organization
What kind of war did they expect? Jesus Christ, how many brain cells did these people lose when the SJWs took control?
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:45 am

TC, over a decade ago I started hearing military strategists talking about force on force warfare was over.

The US Military bought it, focused on light infantry combat, we went to strike APCs, and these monstrous wheeled light armor trucks, some even talked that tank warfare was over.

The US Military suffers the same problems of other organizations, once an idea gets rolling, it takes on a life of its own
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:04 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:45 am
TC, over a decade ago I started hearing military strategists talking about force on force warfare was over.

The US Military bought it, focused on light infantry combat, we went to strike APCs, and these monstrous wheeled light armor trucks, some even talked that tank warfare was over.

The US Military suffers the same problems of other organizations, once an idea gets rolling, it takes on a life of its own
In the nuclear age, it makes sense. Not much worth fighting over after the birds fly.

Interested to hear the counter argument. What do we need all that hardware for, under the TRIAD?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:45 am

With nuclear weapons. Force-on-force warfare is the only option.
#NotOneRedCent

I just Lurk

Post by I just Lurk » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:28 am

As far as I can tell the Russians have controlled the skies for awhile now, which is pretty important when the Army is mechanized like the Russians. Shit will get real if NATO starts actively controlling the airspace.
NukeDog was right

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:18 am

I’m curious to see if the new U.S. aircraft actually do elude anti-aircraft weapons?

I’m also curious what will happen if half-a-dozen U.S. aircraft get shot down?

What if a thousand U.S. soldiers get killed??

How will MAGA Americans react when they get drafted but the FMWs don’t?

What will happen when the first nuke takes out D.C.?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change