Public School Education System Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 07, 2017 11:25 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon May 08, 2017 12:36 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:05 pm

A teacher at a Texas middle school is out of a job after she gave mock awards to students that included designations like “most likely to become a terrorist” and “most likely to blend in with white people,” the school district and local media reports said.

“I was bothered,” she said. “I don’t like it.” She told the station that other students were given certificates that read “most likely to cry” or “most likely to become homeless in Guatemala.’”

According to a report on Fox 26, the mother of a black seventh grader said that her daughter, Sydney Caesar, was given an award that read “most likely to blend in with white people.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/us/t ... .html?_r=0
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:19 pm

If you are serious at all about education, give it a listen:

https://www.libertarianism.org/media/fr ... g-everyone

The subject school: https://www.thalesacademy.org/

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Fife wrote:If you are serious at all about education, give it a listen:

https://www.libertarianism.org/media/fr ... g-everyone

The subject school: https://www.thalesacademy.org/

Dude - no. How's the teachers gonna union? Why do you hate women?

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:43 pm

If universities are all so bad, there are other options (even for internationals)... the Academies. West Point, Air Force, etc are just as prestigious and rigorous as many of the Ivy Leagues, and cost little to nothing in cash, just service after graduation.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:44 pm

Separate point: Anyone know how bad foreign language departments at many (most?) high schools are?
And in my soul am free,

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:04 pm

katarn wrote:If universities are all so bad, there are other options (even for internationals)... the Academies. West Point, Air Force, etc are just as prestigious and rigorous as many of the Ivy Leagues, and cost little to nothing in cash, just service after graduation.

But do they have women's studies and social justice programs??

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
katarn wrote:If universities are all so bad, there are other options (even for internationals)... the Academies. West Point, Air Force, etc are just as prestigious and rigorous as many of the Ivy Leagues, and cost little to nothing in cash, just service after graduation.

They have women study, and you could make a crushing study of the sexual abuse that goes on. Does that count?
And in my soul am free,

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:15 pm

katarn wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

They have women study, and you could make a crushing study of the sexual abuse that goes on. Does that count?

LOL

Most of the sexual abuse is against men.
The Pentagon estimated that 26,000 service members experienced unwanted sexual contact in 2012, up from 19,000 in 2010. Of those cases, the Pentagon says, most involved attacks on men, mostly by other men. Recent statistics show that in terms of number of assaults, “the majority of the victims are men.”[19] It also states that although rare, women have previously aided men in sexually assaulting other women.[19] According to statistics released by the Department of Defense, in fiscal 2012, more men were victims of sexual abuse than women.[20] Turchik and Wilson found that “one problem that may be unique for men is confusion concerning sexual identity, masculinity, and sexual orientation after an assault, especially if the perpetrator is a man,” and that “homosexual victims may…feel that the assault was a punishment for being gay, whereas heterosexual victims may feel confused about sexuality and masculinity, especially if their body sexually responded during the assault.”[21]

Studies of male sexual assault victims have shown that they become more prone to emotional, physical, and social difficulties after being assaulted, which is comparable to women.[21] This shows that “[r]egardless of the victim’s gender…the consequences of sexual assault are both far reaching and acute.”[21] However, “U.S. military rape law applies only to female victims and male perpetrators,” which “promote the rape myths that men cannot be raped, [and] that women cannot be perpetrators.”[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_as ... gainst_men

The vast majority of sexual assault cases the military deals with is committed by homosexual men against other men.