Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Martin Hash

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 pm

There wouldn't even be a problem except every time somebody gets "morals," they want to force them on everyone else. When White Nationalists do it, it's baaaaaad, but when twits do it, it's sanctified.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:54 pm

Tomorrow I am making my famous chipotle chicken sandwiches as a kind of cheat meal (bread).

12 lbs to go before I hit 10% body fat. :cry:

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:00 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
I hate to bring the concept of rights into this, but it's a useful analogy. Positive rights are incoherent. Being left alone is analogous to a negative right. You are suggesting you have a positive right to eat other sentient creatures.
If you want to rest your case on the idea that 'positive rights are incoherent' then, unless we are using the term very differently, you are arguing that it is morally incoherent to either permit or oblige any action by any sentient creature.

Very Zen, I suppose, but not particularly useful.

The whole positive/negative rights distinction has always struck me as tedious and basically meaningless though.
I'm not sure what you mean by permit or oblige any action. Negative rights imply obligations and permissions. But you think they're the same so whatever...

Diversionary tactics aside, I think I stated my position quite clearly and the honest reader does not need me to explain why equal ethical consideration does not necessarily result in equal treatment, just as different treatment is separate from double standards.

I have sharpened my arguments, you have made me stronger, for that you have my gratitude.
A negative right permits or obliges inaction, as in the right not to be compelled to do something. A positive right permits or obliges action. If you assert that positive rights are incoherent, then you assert permission or obligation to action is incoherent. Whence the vegans duty to protect the innocent chickens of the world then?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches FTW!

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches FTW!
Enjoy your bread fatty.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches FTW!
Enjoy your bread fatty.

Laugh all you want now, but in a few months, I am going to be at 10%.

I already have my six-pack coming out. Let's call it a two-pack for now. :lol:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:43 pm

I got taped once in the army by NCOs who didn't know how tape worked, and it was funny watching them scratch their heads when the math said I had zero body fat.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Okee, Doc, party in the Olympics thread, pour a drink and join us.

Oh, and Doc............ awesome on the 10% that's ridiculous for a guy who was in the Army Air Corps, now pour a drink, Whiskey has ZERO Carbs.
:D
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I got taped once in the army by NCOs who didn't know how tape worked, and it was funny watching them scratch their heads when the math said I had zero body fat.
ONCE.................... I graduated High School at 6' and 205 I got taped all the damn time. AR 600-9, if your fit it's pretty much a breeze. There are Mesomorphs with a square body that just are kind of fucked. Had a guy we called Shrek, same body, no 3 guys could out work him in a day, but the tape test eventually got him.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I got taped once in the army by NCOs who didn't know how tape worked, and it was funny watching them scratch their heads when the math said I had zero body fat.
ONCE.................... I graduated High School at 6' and 205 I got taped all the damn time. AR 600-9, if your fit it's pretty much a breeze. There are Mesomorphs with a square body that just are kind of fucked. Had a guy we called Shrek, same body, no 3 guys could out work him in a day, but the tape test eventually got him.
It's because the tape test is flawed. I wasn't supposed to be taped. I was five, ten. One hundred fifty pounds. The tape test said I had zero body fat, and the guys taping me didn't understand why. I thought it was funny.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751