SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Smitty-48

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:08 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:06 am
It won't bring the chicks down if they don't like what they are watching, anymore than Netflix brings them down when you are watching something they don't like

Why is HBO magically marriage destroying when not everything on it something your wife wants to watch?
How do you know what chicks will do ?

I have lived with them all my life, this one for over twenty years

I know my chick, I know what she will do

I know that so long as she has all the fancy stuff only upstairs, she will stay up there
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:09 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:08 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:06 am
It won't bring the chicks down if they don't like what they are watching, anymore than Netflix brings them down when you are watching something they don't like

Why is HBO magically marriage destroying when not everything on it something your wife wants to watch?
How do you know what chicks will do ?

I have lived with them all my life, this one for over twenty years

I know my chick, I know what she will do

I know that so long as she has all the fancy stuff only upstairs, she will stay up there
I never said watch it when you don't want to, or when Mrs Smitty likes it and will raid your den if you do.

Anytime you want to acknowledge what I'm actually saying, instead of venting frustration at me for no reason, based on something I never said, that would be great

Mrs Smitty loves Crave so much more than Netflix that it will change your marriage if you have former downstairs and not the latter? Really?
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:11 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:09 am
I never said watch it when you don't want to, or when Mrs Smitty likes it and will raid your den if you do.

Anytime you want to acknowledge what I'm acting saying, instead of venting frustration at me for no reason, based on something I never said, that would be great
I don't have that sort of control over my wife, unless I want to pull a heavy, which I don't

The trick is path of least resistance, so long as all that stuff is just upstairs, that is where she will stay

I love Mrs Smitty, but I don't want her hovering around in my man cave, she has her own area to herself
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 am

Like just a few days ago, I come downstairs, and there she is

Set up in my comfy PS3 chair, with all her snacks n' stuff, watching re-runs of Friends, marathon

Not great, Bob
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:18 am

Now we do have an extremely comfortable living room upstairs

Off white Italian leather furniture n' all the feexins

But I don't use it

It just sits pristine and perfect, for if visitors come to the house

The living room is not actually for living, just hosting, so there's no tv
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:20 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 am

Set up in my comfy PS3 chair, with all her snacks n' stuff, watching re-runs of Friends, marathon

Not great, Bob
:lol:
Doesn't like Mad Men, but he sure loves to quote it

So she already comes down too often for your liking, because you have Netflix in the den, therefore adding CraveTV on top would just make it worse, even if only slightly, which is "Not great, Bob!"?

You could have just said so in the first place, instead of constructing a strawman to attack and making other far lamer excuses to attack it with. Next time lead with that.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:25 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:20 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Not great, Bob

So she already comes down too often for your liking, because you have Netflix in the den, therefore adding CraveTV on top would just make it worse, even if only slightly, which is "Not great, Bob!"?

You could have just said so in the first place, instead of constructing a strawman to attack and making other far lamer excuses to attack it with. Next time lead with that.
The tv down here annoys her, the Samsung interface is janky, there's no Roku, and I won't unhook my PS3

Meanwhile she's got it all set up the way she likes it, up in the bedroom

I use the bedroom for two things, sleep and sex,

movies in bed is actually not tv, it's sex :snuggles:
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:27 am

I have to say, I'm getting a little bored of Breaking Bad now.
It may be a result of binge watching so I'm going to give it a rest for a while.
It certainly isn't going to be in my top 3 TV dramas at this rate though.
I'm with Smitty, Band of Brothers is my favourite.
Most dramas, especially American ones just go on for too long. They seem to just keep going until the ratings drop off rather than stopping when they have run out of ideas. Lost and Heroes are prime examples of this.
Band of Brothers was just one series, 10 episodes IIRC, and every one is a masterpiece.
I've still got 4 episodes left to watch of season 3 BB and the thought of 3 further seasons is filling me with dread rather than anticipation.
Even the Wire suffered from being too long although I would still put it in my top 3.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:31 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:27 am
I have to say, I'm getting a little bored of Breaking Bad now.
Agreed,

It's fine for a few episodes, but Breaking Bad gets old fast

I like BCS better than BB, but still I haven't rushed to watch the latest episode, bumped by Gran Turismo
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:32 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:25 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:20 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Not great, Bob

The tv down here annoys her, the Samsung interface is janky, there's no Roku, and I won't unhook my PS3

Meanwhile she's got it all set up the way she likes it, up in the bedroom

I use the bedroom for two things, sleep and sex,

movies in bed is actually not tv, it's sex :snuggles:
Well if you watched crave ever in the den, it would be even jankier than watching netflix down there, and she'd have to access it on the PS3, but if even that is too much of a magnet, I wouldn't watch it down there either if I was you anyway. But if you are wrong about it being a magnet that makes her hang out in the den more, then there is no reason not to, unless you never want to watch any show on crave in without her in the first place
*yip*