Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:02 pm

This is what Gab had to say about it:
Our choice was very clear to me. The post needs to come down. If it does not, we lose our domain. To my knowledge there are no pro-free speech domain registrars and that is a massive problem. Our only other option now would be to play a cat and mouse game by transferring our domain to another registrar. Others who have attempted to play this game have failed and even had their domain seized completely from under them. We will not play these games. We have little choice, for now.

The free and open internet as we know it is under attack. It is centralized and controlled by no more than a handful of companies who provide these services:

Hosting
DDoS protection
Payment Processing
Domain Registrars
Mobile device hardware and software distribution

Without any of these things an individual website can not possibly compete and operate at scale. If left unchecked, these centralized platforms will continue their dominance and control the means of all information, personal data, and communication on the internet.

Good luck with creating "competitors" when they can steal your domain or just block traffic to your site based on nebulous accusations of hate speech or fake news.

At some point a lot of you are going to have to face the possibility that libertarianism and conservative "principles" are so much fucking moonshine.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Good luck with creating "competitors" when they can steal your domain or just block traffic to your site based on nebulous accusations of hate speech or fake news.

At some point a lot of you are going to have to face the possibility that libertarianism and conservative "principles" are so much fucking moonshine.
I have no suggestions. All I know is the free market usually finds a way and there is a market out there for free speech.

If the Old School Eastern Bloc Commies couldn't control free speech indefinitely, neither will modern techno commies.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:06 pm

I have no suggestions. All I know is the free market usually finds a way and there is a market out there for free speech.

If the Old School Eastern Bloc Commies couldn't control free speech indefinitely, neither will modern techno commies.
That's an assumption you best question, fast. Because it's fucking wrong as hell.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:37 pm

What we are seeing right now is a demonstration of how much of what people say is what they mean, instead of them just following the crowd.

Most people seem to fall in line with flounder, unwilling to risk anything, finding security in following the group. If CNN and company were denouncing street violence instead of endorsing and defending it, the flounders would change their tune simply because that's what's safe. When schools taught students of the value of living in a free country, the flounders parroted them. Now that schools teach the opposite, the ever fickle flounders reliably reverse course as well.

When the group's mantra was in favor of liberty, the followers all sang the same tune.

Now as the tune changes, the followers do likewise.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Most people are sheep. I've witnessed this first hand in small communities. Take on a power broker in a small town and watch how most of them just duck for cover, even though they know the power brokers are fucking over people.

It can be lonely doing that. But here's the deal, you do it. And no one really fucks with you. Because they've seen you don't give a shit what position a person holds.
PLATA O PLOMO

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:40 pm
Most people are sheep. I've witnessed this first hand in small communities. Take on a power broker in a small town and watch how most of them just duck for cover, even though they know the power brokers are fucking over people.

It can be lonely doing that. But here's the deal, you do it. And no one really fucks with you. Because they've seen you don't give a shit what position a person holds.
Not sure they can see what your "position" is when theirs is bent over facing down taking it up the...
You get the idea. :roll:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Not sure they can see what your "position" is when theirs is bent over facing down taking it up the...
You get the idea. :roll:
:lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm
C-Mag wrote:

That's an assumption you best question, fast. Because it's fucking wrong as hell.
Please expand on that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:28 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 pm
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Please expand on that.

The actual Internet is controlled by three companies, and about 3-4 minor players like Level 3.

You can conduct business in America via the Internet for as long as these companies allow it.

The Internet really is just about five privately owned networks and a small ecosystem of IXPs that link those backbone networks together. Your network provider has to connect their Network to one of these backbones, and they negotiate with these companies on your behalf.

Those corporations currently are allowed to discriminate packet data however the fuck they feelz.

Nor can you create competition. In this context that means creating a new Internet.

The world does not work the way some of you seem to believe. Competition does not magically happen all the time.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:10 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751