Some *only* feel their own.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Kath wrote: It's good to know how little you value low paid employee's time. As long as you get your welfare, all is good, right?
So remind me, why did I ask for help? Care to remember? Oh, yeah... I was out of work for two years (not lack of trying to get a job) I was running out of money, and I had my gas shut off, and electricity was about to be shut off. I had a 1-year-old son, and the utilities refused to keep my power or electricity on because my child was over a year old, and was no longer under the protection of being "in danger". The state said because we were married we couldn't be helped, but if I wasn't in the picture my wife and son would be all set.

So fuck you, I asked for help because I needed it. I didn't ask for $20.00 extra in my paycheck because I felt I deserved it.
How much do you suppose 30 minutes of daycare runs these days?
In Mass. $3.125
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:56 pm

DBTrek wrote:Everyone feels their own pain.
Some *only* feel their own.
/shrug
I wasn't feeling pain, I was trying to keep my son and wife warm, fed, and clean with a roof over their head. I asked for help because I needed help, not because I felt I needed help.

Notice something, I was not "feeling" shit, I was asking for help because I knew I and my family needed. People here are arguing that an extra $20.00 a paycheck would make someone "feel" better...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:57 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
So remind me, why did I ask for help? Care to remember? Oh, yeah... I was out of work for two years (not lack of trying to get a job) I was running out of money, and I had my gas shut off, and electricity was about to be shut off. I had a 1-year-old son, and the utilities refused to keep my power or electricity on because my child was over a year old, and was no longer under the protection of being "in danger". The state said because we were married we couldn't be helped, but if I wasn't in the picture my wife and son would be all set.

So fuck you, I asked for help because I needed it. I didn't ask for $20.00 extra in my paycheck because I felt I deserved it.
How much do you suppose 30 minutes of daycare runs these days?
In Mass. $3.125
And given an average Amazon warehouse wage of $7-8, those people just worked the last hour of their day to pay for a mandatory security screening.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Hey, at least they didn’t force their employees to buy loot crates in order to have the best equipment in the game. Right?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:07 pm

DBTrek wrote:Hey, at least they didn’t force their employees to buy loot crates in order to have the best equipment in the game. Right?
In order to get fast download speed, you need to buy the ISP loot crate. The other option is 2000 hours of browsing to reach the higher level.
Shikata ga nai

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Childcare in MASS is only $6.20 / hour? Does that include the surcharge if you pick your child up late? Some childcare facilities charge $1/minute when you pick up your kid late. And.. most childcare facilities cost at least $10/hour.
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Kath wrote:Childcare in MASS is only $6.20 / hour? Does that include the surcharge if you pick your child up late? Some childcare facilities charge $1/minute when you pick up your kid late. And.. most childcare facilities cost at least $10/hour.
That sounds cheaper than what I expected. I thought daycare costs as much as college in some parts of the US.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Kath wrote:Childcare in MASS is only $6.20 / hour? Does that include the surcharge if you pick your child up late? Some childcare facilities charge $1/minute when you pick up your kid late. And.. most childcare facilities cost at least $10/hour.
I pay $250 a week for my son.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:28 pm

You should probably pay for another 10 hours of daycare a month as your employer detains you without pay an extra half hour every day.

Of course, you’d be caterwauling like a bull moose with its balls caught in a bear trap if you were the target of this policy.