Public School Education System Thread

Fife

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Fife » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:23 pm

We're gonna need Asian level to make that work. Might need a MOU with the Department of the Internet to fully mobilize the inspectors. Seems legit tho.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Martin Hash wrote:A "Charter" School is a "school" that writes a charter about how it is going to educate & what results it expects. The local School Board then approves/rejects the charter, and some way is made to pay, usually a voucher per student.

Everyone always thinks teachers, classrooms, busses, but the charter could be anything! Self-paced on-line is my personal bet, but anything could qualify, even Home Schooling. Charter Schools are the way to TOTALLY redesign how education is done & what it produces.

Got to break the Teacher's Union hold on power first, at the State level, and local School Boards.

One problem with busting unions is the issue of how much teachers make. In states where there are not unions the pay is awful. If the pay continues to stay low, I think public education will really suffer, you will get very poor candidates.
I don't have the answers, I'm not sure how you attract top candidates to teach when the pay poor. I also know the flip side of unions is you can't get rid of bad teachers. There has to be a medium in here somewhere?
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Yeah. Government should fund schools, require schooling, and ensure standards, but get out otherwise. This is an area where Market Forces work.
The market force is the inner cities are failing systematically so they wag the dog and create charter schools. As long as the ghetto is the ghetto all of the charter schools in the world are not going to change a community. It just creates a pocket within a pocket.

Much of it is cultural.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Schooling has come to mean college. As if going to college solves the jobs problem. School should be preparation for life, instead it's a one-size-fits-all excuse for everything bad. The whole paradigm needs to shift to individual placement of students onto paths that work for them: military, skilled, and college for professionals.

I'm a Jobs-For-Everyone guy, whatever it costs.

p.s. It's hard to imagine that good teachers are so abundant that they couldn't command higher wages on the Open Market?
p.p.s. Of course, the word "teacher" takes a much broader meaning in a Charter Schools environment.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Shut um down.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Schooling has come to mean college. As if going to college solves the jobs problem. School should be preparation for life, instead it's a one-size-fits-all excuse for everything bad. The whole paradigm needs to shift to individual placement of students onto paths that work for them: military, skilled, and college for professionals.

I think getting a foot in the door and using that leverage to open up more space incrementally will work better than trying to take on the colossus without any footing to leverage against.

I wouldn't waste a lot of energy fighting the unions at this point. Whenever that fights comes they are going to be fighting tooth and nail for survival, and you're gonna need the public on your side to win.

I would say operate like the zionists and pretend you want to coexist. Just don't let them find out what you have in store for them until it's too late for them to do anything about it.

Then you attack, and drive them from their homelands, and you corral them into camps, and make certain they know who is their masters......

Whoa, got a little carried away there. Just no one let the cat out of the bag, roger?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Anti-Semite. (I heard there was a forum that would kick your ass.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:14 pm

I would say operate like the zionists and pretend you want to coexist. Just don't let them find out what you have in store for them until it's too late for them to do anything about it.
Funny this was brought up. I recently heard of a community in NY that is known for being largely Jewish complaining about the way they were bussing kids out of the ghettos and into more successful schools. It got shut down. The parents pitched an adequate fuss about it apparently.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:43 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Yeah. Government should fund schools, require schooling, and ensure standards, but get out otherwise. This is an area where Market Forces work.
The market force is the inner cities are failing systematically so they wag the dog and create charter schools. As long as the ghetto is the ghetto all of the charter schools in the world are not going to change a community. It just creates a pocket within a pocket.

Much of it is cultural.
Correct culture is the biggest issue, but that does not mean charter schools can't help to change that culture. As of right now the culture is poor, and the schools aren't doing anything to change that. Really there isn't much they can do to change that. They are the establishment, the expactations are set, and it is difficult to get them changed. A charter school on the other hand has more freedom to do things differently, and just their presence could change the culture of a community. Even a slight change in the culture could have a big impact on a community over time. It might take a generation or two to see results, but the other option is to double down on a failing system.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Schooling has come to mean college. As if going to college solves the jobs problem. School should be preparation for life, instead it's a one-size-fits-all excuse for everything bad. The whole paradigm needs to shift to individual placement of students onto paths that work for them: military, skilled, and college for professionals.

p.s. It's hard to imagine that good teachers are so abundant that they couldn't command higher wages on the Open Market?
p.p.s. Of course, the word "teacher" takes a much broader meaning in a Charter Schools environment.
In California's UC and SC systems more, and more, professors are adjuncts, aka temps, who have no contracts, no benefits, no offices, are paid by the class, and often have classes not only in different schools, or different counties, but different parts of the state. They have to this because they are often only offered 1-2 classes in a school. For example, classes in at Sonoma JC and then another at Half Moon Bay.

California is hardly the state doing this.

I've had great experiences with both permanent and adjunct teachers, in class, but it's disconcerting to realize that the teacher is moved his entire office on a moving cart and has to find so empty meeting room to see you. Then has to rush off to another county.

Some how the senior administrators always have plenty of staff and six figure salaries in California. Interesting that, don't you think?

What ever is wrong with an educational system, the teachers, the low level administration, get cut/frozen and if is higher education, the fees charged always, always, gets raised. I can't remember the last time l heard of senior administration even getting a pay cut. Or if they did, it happened last. Certainly in California.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.