Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Okeefenokee

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I think it is perfectly possible to eat healthily as a meat eater, vegetarian or a vegan. It is also possible to eat unhealthily as any of the above.
Education not dogma is the solution to eating well.
Parents should spend more time teaching healthy eating.
fify, statist
Not much use if the parents are uneducated about healthy eating.
Are you learning engineering/calculus or whatever at college or are your parents teaching you?
Because eating and engineering are the same thing. :roll:

My dad is as uneducated as it gets, and he knows how to eat healthy. Taught us too. Statist.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Nukedog wrote:We dont have three stomachs. Look at any predator. Much less gut than an agrarian animal. Eating meat is in fact an evolutionary cheat code that allows us to develop in other ways. There is nothing unethical about this fact unless the power is used towards malfiscient ends. I as well have many ethical concerns regarding our meat industry. I do not think however that an unnatural diet is the solution to the problem. We should act as wardens concerning the animals.
You're comparing herbivore stomachs to carnivore stomachs, humans are omnivores. As demonstrated by that study I posted, the vegan diet is actually healthier, I won't say in all cases, but clearly such that it consistently came to the top in that study.

The argument that meat helped our brains get bigger doesn't really comment on whether we should keep doing the things that helped them become bigger. Survival of the fittest is why we're here in this present form, does that mean we need to model our societies and our ethics on some dubious interpretation of that principle?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
fify, statist
Are you learning engineering/calculus or whatever at college or are your parents teaching you?

My dad is as uneducated as it gets, and he knows how to eat healthy. Taught us too. Statist.
Your father knows how to eat well therefore all parents know how to eat well. Is that what you are saying?
I call bullshit. A healthy diet is as important as learning calculus, in fact it is far more useful. Schools are perfectly placed to educate about healthy eating. The majority of parents have little to no idea.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:32 pm

I believe the studies you may or may not be proposing are cultural marxist propaganda until proven otherwise.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:32 pm

"ethics"
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Your father knows how to eat well therefore all parents know how to eat well. Is that what you are saying?
I call bullshit. A healthy diet is as important as learning calculus, in fact it is far more useful. Schools are perfectly placed to educate about healthy eating. The majority of parents have little to no idea.
More retarded shit.

Schools are the reason people are so mistaken about healthy eating. I didn't learn the food pyramid at home. I learned it in school. And it got into schools because of lobbyists targeting the public education system.

What I learned at home was to eat fresh veggies, and lean meat.

What I learned at school was to eat a pound of bread a day.

I don't even know why I'm talking to you. You don't even have a tv license.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 pm

My dad's garden is visible from space.

Oh, I'm sorry Grumps, that's a small farm.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
What I learned at home was to eat fresh veggies, and lean meat.
My mom did go through a frozen turkey roll phase :shock: , but yeah, fresh from the garden and fresh from the butcher.
Account abandoned.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You should be. I am shedding fat pretty fast, eating like a king, and killing it in the gym. Strength is going up. Chronic inflammation going down. Chronic pain going down. My physique is changing fast.

The only diet that I think could beat this is if I just go 100% fish for meat.

You need meat for things like vitamin B12, carnitine, and probably a lot of other micronutrients we barely understand. Saying you can get by for years eating shitty like a vegan is no different than saying people get by for years eating shitty American diets. Sooner or later, a significant number of those people are going to encounter problems. I have seen what happens to vegans and it's not pretty. Fucking mouth sores. Old, aging skin. Muscle atrophy.

It's just terrible. Seriously, sell that cult somewhere else. I eat a balanced diet. It works great for me. I don't plan to change and it's not your place to tell me what to do. I am very interested in diets and nutrition, and love discussing these things. But the religious zeal and intent to force people to adopt your sickly diet really disgusts me. Note how we can all have interesting discussions about keto, paleo, intermittent fasting, etc. Martin Hash doesn't want to force everybody to eat keteogenic diets. He's just talking about what works for him and how it works, biologically. I am not trying to force people to eat traditional, whole foods diets. It works for me. I will encourage you to do it, but that's it.

The only time nutrition becomes a moral issue is when you are fucking up your body which, ironically, is on you, not me. To eat a proper vegan diet, you need to very carefully plan your nutrition, take plenty of supplements to get what you are lacking from food, and you need routine blood work to ensure you are not becoming malnourished.
When you're presented with studies contradicting what you believe you assume the conclusions of imaginary studies. You're an irrational person. I'm happy for you that you like your diet, but there's no ethical justification for it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You should be. I am shedding fat pretty fast, eating like a king, and killing it in the gym. Strength is going up. Chronic inflammation going down. Chronic pain going down. My physique is changing fast.

The only diet that I think could beat this is if I just go 100% fish for meat.

You need meat for things like vitamin B12, carnitine, and probably a lot of other micronutrients we barely understand. Saying you can get by for years eating shitty like a vegan is no different than saying people get by for years eating shitty American diets. Sooner or later, a significant number of those people are going to encounter problems. I have seen what happens to vegans and it's not pretty. Fucking mouth sores. Old, aging skin. Muscle atrophy.

It's just terrible. Seriously, sell that cult somewhere else. I eat a balanced diet. It works great for me. I don't plan to change and it's not your place to tell me what to do. I am very interested in diets and nutrition, and love discussing these things. But the religious zeal and intent to force people to adopt your sickly diet really disgusts me. Note how we can all have interesting discussions about keto, paleo, intermittent fasting, etc. Martin Hash doesn't want to force everybody to eat keteogenic diets. He's just talking about what works for him and how it works, biologically. I am not trying to force people to eat traditional, whole foods diets. It works for me. I will encourage you to do it, but that's it.

The only time nutrition becomes a moral issue is when you are fucking up your body which, ironically, is on you, not me. To eat a proper vegan diet, you need to very carefully plan your nutrition, take plenty of supplements to get what you are lacking from food, and you need routine blood work to ensure you are not becoming malnourished.
When you're presented with studies contradicting what you believe you assume the conclusions of imaginary studies. You're an irrational person. I'm happy for you that you like your diet, but there's no ethical justification for it.

blah blah blah

I can use my own eyes and experience, dumb ass. Most vegans look terrible. Fucking awful, really. The people who are healthiest eat balanced diets consisting of whole foods. It is known.

Your cult is ridiculous.

How about this: no. I am not buying what you are selling. What's next?