Public School Education System Thread

skankhunt42

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Martin Hash wrote:The public school system is how the wackos keep control, and why they are so against Charter Schools.
My Super sends us a weekly email bitching about charter schools, the reason being, money! Every kid in our district that attends a charter school is 1,500 dollars out of our districts pocket. So again, it's not about the children, it's not about education, it's all about money. The last thing unions want is "choice" for students, believe me I know, I've been in these meetings.

Having said that, there are good charters and bad, just like we have good public and bad.

Big issue with a lot of charters though is they are all about the money as well, shocking, I know.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:29 pm

given that public schools are costing us out the ass as it is, I don't see how using that as a critique of schools that do better is really relevant.

If they both cost us a ton of money, but one performs better than the other consistently, where is the issue?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:given that public schools are costing us out the ass as it is, I don't see how using that as a critique of schools that do better is really relevant.

If they both cost us a ton of money, but one performs better than the other consistently, where is the issue?
I''m not disagreeing, I posted what I did to answer a previous question in the thread, why public schools don't like charter schools, the answer, money.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 am

The real answer: minorities lol

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:36 am

Nah I mean let me explain. People use money to escape the mass of shit so they can send their children to good schools right? All that mark up on home value combined with some other factors like an actual thriving job market (not you San Fran go home you're drunk,) leads to more taxes yes? In my county ambulance rides are free and our parks have stocked fish and clean restrooms. That's tax money at work and for us.

Now then, lol. You want a charter school to ship whoevers kids to wherever. Let's just wait and see how that turns out.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:18 am

A "Charter" School is a "school" that writes a charter about how it is going to educate & what results it expects. The local School Board then approves/rejects the charter, and some way is made to pay, usually a voucher per student.

Everyone always thinks teachers, classrooms, busses, but the charter could be anything! Self-paced on-line is my personal bet, but anything could qualify, even Home Schooling. Charter Schools are the way to TOTALLY redesign how education is done & what it produces.

Got to break the Teacher's Union hold on power first, at the State level, and local School Boards.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:55 am

They also allow us to experiment and then choose from the best strategies.

I still think we would be better off if the government didn't run any schools at all, however. We need only some form of standardized testing and an inspection scheme for schools (like we have an inspection scheme for restaurants).

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 am

Yeah. Government should fund schools, require schooling, and ensure standards, but get out otherwise. This is an area where Market Forces work.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:59 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:They also allow us to experiment and then choose from the best strategies.

I still think we would be better off if the government didn't run any schools at all, however. We need only some form of standardized testing and an inspection scheme for schools (like we have an inspection scheme for restaurants).

Restaurant inspectors, at least on paper, are looking for unsanitary conditions. AFAIK, they DGAF if your food looks appealing or tastes good.

What would school inspectors be looking for?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Cheating.