Pedestrian Bridge Collapse, FIU, S Florida

Speaker to Animals

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapse, FIU, S Florida

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:54 pm

It's almost like none of us have seen the fact that most contracts are awarded more points for diversity. Like this shit doesn't happen.

In reality, to make sense of this, you really only need to realize that the helpless pleas of people like HM are the cries of the people in Universe B which is collapsing right now.

Universe B is the alternate universe in which people believe Trump colluded with the Russians, etc., and it's basically imploding, like on Fringe. Basically, HM is watching his universe disintegrate right now. He's screaming and shaking his fist at the disappearing sky, which comes across to our universe as posts on MHF.

The sad part is that we built a bridge for these poor souls, but they refuse to cross over to the real universe. Sad!

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's almost like none of us have seen the fact that most contracts are awarded more points for diversity. Like this shit doesn't happen.

In reality, to make sense of this, you really only need to realize that the helpless pleas of people like HM are the cries of the people in Universe B which is collapsing right now.

Universe B is the alternate universe in which people believe Trump colluded with the Russians, etc., and it's basically imploding, like on Fringe. Basically, HM is watching his universe disintegrate right now. He's screaming and shaking his fist at the disappearing sky, which comes across to our universe as posts on MHF.

The sad part is that we built a bridge for these poor souls, but they refuse to cross over to the real universe. Sad!
I filled the script for the red pill but patient compliance is the hardest part.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:02 pm

This was written in 2015,
Construction is expected to begin again – sometime in the next two weeks – on a major freeway expansion project on El Paso’s Westside.

Tucson-based Sundt Construction has been selected to finish the $154-million project to widen Interstate 10 and extend the frontage roads from Executive Center to Mesa, according to Texas Department of Transportation officials.

In June, Mexico City-based Grupo Tradeco abruptly quit the I-10 widening project. The company is facing legal problems related to other projects it has underway in Texas and voluntarily defaulted on the contract, according to TxDOT officials.

Since then, the I-10 west on-ramp from Executive Center has been closed and miles of concrete barriers that reduced lane widths have remained in place.
It's been three years, and those barriers are still there.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:08 pm

We've got a federally funded project for a public university in Miami.

I don't know what it's like in Florida, are we assuming union hires only?

Because I've seen the difference that makes as well. Not that their work is sloppy, from what I've seen, but they drag that shit out as long as they can.

Cost-plus for the win.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:You want your uninformed opinions to be treated as though they are equal to the knowledge of the experienced.

Typical

/shrug
Do you think that if the government provides the funding for a project, that means the private company that does the work isn't culpable for their failures to complete said project in a satisfactory way?

This has nothing to do with my knowledge and experience, which you nothing about.
I don't think it. I know it. I've seen it happen. Over and over and over.

When the government is signing the checks, the standards go down.
If the government is responsible for the failures of the private businesses it contracts with, I guess the government deserves credit for things like successful SpaceX launches.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Anyone who has ever hired an architect and contractor knows what happened here. The clowns on the crew ignored the specs. I'm sure this was a brilliant design, it's hard to fuck up this bad with today's engineering design technology. Workers on the other hand, are much harder to control.

I had a partially circular stair built. The company's engineer did a brilliant construction design from my CAD sketch. Then the work arrived. The 6 treads that came assembled from the mill shop were out of square by 1/2" over 36". I bounced it. Later when they were installing the spindles, custom made on a pattern lathe, they had fucked up the parting so the bottom block on the short ones was 1/4" longer than the long ones. So in this case the engineer was great, the installers were great, the millwork guys were drunks. The GC on the job, not the stair guys, also fucked up reading the architect's drawing, framing the opening in a way that would have failed inspection.

I could go on and on with contractor stories of ignoring drawing specs, using the wrong materials, or stupid crap like mixing grout too loose because it makes it easier to spread. People assigned to do jobs they didn't even know how it was supposed to look when it was done, never mind be able to do it. And this is simple residential work, no affirmative action, or other bullshit. This bridge collapse was probably the 20th time this contractor and his crew did shitty work, it just finally caught up to them.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's almost like none of us have seen the fact that most contracts are awarded more points for diversity. Like this shit doesn't happen.

And yet, most bridges don't collapse.

Do minorities get credit for all the bridges that are still standing?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:When I maintained fighter jets and would have to order parts from a supplier, I skipped right the fuck over those affirmative action designations for the next on the list.
How do you skip the GSA?
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:When I maintained fighter jets and would have to order parts from a supplier, I skipped right the fuck over those affirmative action designations for the next on the list.
How do you skip the GSA?

I don't know what it's like now, but in the 90s, you type in the part number and you get a list of suppliers and prices. Each entry had a field for that affirmative action garbage. Prices were all pretty much the same. So I automatically skipped past that women-owned stuff. I figured, if chicks made it, it has to be fucked up somehow. In hindsight, even a twenty year old can show wisdom every now and again.

Nobody ever told me I had to choose one supplier over another, so I was not breaking any regs or orders at the time. Hell, this was the 90s. Commander probably didn't want his aircrew flying on chick parts either.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:27 pm

I have seen both men and women doing the flag job, and of several races. (Not much Asian, though.)

My very white brother-in-law used to have a job that my sister and I called, "The Oh Boys!" job. For over two years, he drove his van 10 miles North on the highway with the train schedule. Approximately three times a day, he had to go to the bridge construction crew to remind them that a train was coming. (The crew knew the schedule, he was the redundancy.)

He brought a cooler, a tv (no smart phones at that time,) and nap, hang out, eat, watch tv..... and then he'd come home. Rinse. Repeat. Over two years.

POC aren't the only ones scamming the system. It's just more OBVIOUS now because POC are assumed lazy, by default.

Oh, and BTW..... I worked for a manufacturer with a GSA contract. Every year, like clock work, we get a call to sales, ordering product that cost $96,321,834.99. (Or as close as the salesman could get. It was sales' job to find the perfect combo to maximize the cash.)

Fuck. The. Government.
Account abandoned.