Europe, Boring Until it's Not

JohnDonne

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
but what about their liberty?
Lulz. You really think I believe in one hundred percent liberty for animals at all times regardless of circumstances just because I am arguing against their wanton slaughter? That's stupid, real life has to allow for ethical trade-offs, that's true for any principle. But wait, if you think you can beat my argument, why do you have to imply that it's something it's not?
Hundreds of thousands of years of human activity beats your argument.

Just like hundreds of millions of gas pumpers beat your stupid ass law.
No, your argument beats itself because it's stupid. Many humans are vegans already, and they are increasing, so the idea that humans won't go vegan even though they already are beginning to doesn't make sense. In fact to argue that because humans did something one way for a long time, that they won't change how they do things is contradicted by history itself.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:When the lights turn off, it will be your type that start eating each other when you get desperate for food. That's the ironic part of all this.
Adolescent prepper power fantasy.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 pm

You pro life soy boy?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:What's the over-under on the oh so ethical and ferocious vegan block being pro-life?
You'd probably be able to guess my position on this had you read the talk Hanarchy and I had some pages back. I say if a being has the ability to desire to live then it has ethical value. A fetus without a certain level of brain development wouldn't qualify because it would lack the causal structure of consciousness, therefore we may not be able to determine when the ability to desire to live occurs, we can say with a level of certainty where it does not, namely zygotes, shoes, and skin cells and so on.

So I'm not pro-life, I'm pro intrinsically valuable structures.
Last edited by JohnDonne on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 pm

I don't think this guy understands how much work (and pain) I put into building muscles. If these vegan faggots think they are going to steal my gains and turn me into a soy boy, they are headed for mass graves in the end if they ever become even remotely capable of such a societal takeover.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Google image search vegan bodybuilders. If you're not strong enough to do with veganism what vegans can do that's on you, brah.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:What's the over-under on the oh so ethical and ferocious vegan block being pro-life?
You'd probably be able to guess my position on this had you read the talk Hanarchy and I had some pages back. I say if a being has the ability to desire to live then it has ethical value. A fetus without a certain level of brain development wouldn't qualify because it would lack the causal structure of consciousness, therefore we may not be able to determine when the ability to desire to live occurs, we can say with a level of certainty where it does not, namely zygotes, shoes, and skin cells and so on.

The causal structure of consciousness can't be determined in coma patients either, so we can kill them.

I knew you were full of shit the minute you said ethical.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:

The causal structure of consciousness can't be determined in coma patients either, so we can kill them.

I knew you were full of shit the minute you said ethical.
It depends on the coma patient, if they can recover, then their causal structures are intact and they have a chance of waking up. So even though they are temporarily unconscious, they obviously still have the ability to desire to live. If they have brain death and there's no chance of recovering consciousness then they have lost their intrinsic value and what do you know, society says it's okay to pull the plug.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 pm

That's a fine argument that I can get behind

If society deems them brain dead pull the plug. There is literally nothing wrong with this.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Ethics, people. ^^^

A situational guide to right and wrong.

Is it right to murder someone? Depends on the situation.

So, it's ethically right to murder the unborn and those in comas when we decide the situation grants it, but don't you eat that steak!

Typical amoral bullshit, as I predicted.