Trump's SCOTUS

Fife

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by Fife » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:48 pm

It's a scientific debate. An area in which Brother Sagan, and the other evangelists of I-Know-Everything-ism are woefully, pathetically, lacking.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Ethics are for people who like to be able to change the rules of right and wrong based on the scenario.
If you ever get your PE license, you'll have to pass the Ethics Exam. Ethics for engineers are pretty mechanical, not a lot of room for interpretation.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Martin Hash wrote:"Morals are for churches, and ethics are for professional organizations." - me

p.s. I get to quote that a lot.

You lost. You can't debate this without insulting people or trying to make it into a religious argument. There should be an informal fallacy named after this. Reduction to religion or something like that.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:59 pm

As I often remind you, other people read this. Do you really think declaring victory fools anyone? You got handled. I tell you when you kick ass. I told you a couple times in the last month, so believe me when I suggest you walk away.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:05 pm

If the other side can't even be bothered to debate, then yeah, I'd say we won this one.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Ethics are for people who like to be able to change the rules of right and wrong based on the scenario.
If you ever get your PE license, you'll have to pass an the Ethics Exam. Ethics for engineers are pretty mechanical, not a lot of room for interpretation.
Ethics for engineers are different than ethics for attorneys are different than ethics for teachers are different than ethics for doctors are different than .........

Ethics, what should and should not be done in a given profession, change depending on the profession. People who like to justify an act based on ethics are using their fluidity as a shield for what would be considered immoral regardless of profession.

Example,

1. Citizen is in court for a crime. Prosecutor is not aware of evidence against citizen. Attorney is aware. Attorney has no ethical obligation to divulge incriminating evidence to prosecutor or judge.

Morally, concealing information with the intent to deceive is the same as providing false information with the intent to deceive.

Morally wrong, but not ethically wrong.

2. Citizen is in a breakfast nutrition study, but is unaware that the food is laced with radiation, because the study is actually intended to test the effects of radiation. Researchers do have an ethical obligation to provide this information to test subject, but decline to do so.

Morally wrong, and ethically wrong.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:53 pm

As a matter-a-fact, you're correct: my engineer ethics exam was nothing like my law license ethics exam which had nothing in common with my accounting license ethics exam which was totally different from my medical ethics exam. You might call me an expert on professional ethics.

p.s. I don't have any morals, I'm not religious. You can die, I don't give a shit.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 am

clubgop wrote:
This is Kath for you. Never complains or calls the Democrats children when they do it. But let the republicans act like they actually won the elections and suddenly everybody is a child and we are spewing MSM talking points talking about the end of the country.
Lies. Bigly lies. When I said Congress is filled with 3rd graders, I meant all of them. ALL of them. Not just the red team, not just the blue team. ALL OF THEM.

The hacks think everyone has a nose up someone's ass.
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 am

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote:
This is Kath for you. Never complains or calls the Democrats children when they do it. But let the republicans act like they actually won the elections and suddenly everybody is a child and we are spewing MSM talking points talking about the end of the country.
Lies. Bigly lies. When I said Congress is filled with 3rd graders, I meant all of them. ALL of them. Not just the red team, not just the blue team. ALL OF THEM.

Kath has indeed made her position clear. Any other interpretation is a Strawman.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 am

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote:

Read what I said. You can stop lying we all know the game. When democrats are solely responsible for the bad behavior you don't call them children you defend the behavior "if an idea can't get over 60% it's not a good idea." but you didn't utter that bullshit the first time around. Nope, mommy Kath only call us all children when republicans act like democrats.
Last edited by clubgop on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.