Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:53 pm

BjornP wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
The law as it works in practise does not simply outlaw hate speech, what it does is outlaw inciting others to hatred. Your example would fall under this and I would agree with it as it would certainly incite others to hate Jews and could easily lead to acts of violence against them. I would suggest that anyone making that statement is already alienated from society.
I would contend that one of the duties of the law is to prevent a breach of the peace and a statement like the example you gave could easily lead to one.
You mark our disagreements out pretty well. We disagree about something as fundamental about the purpose of law. You make no distinction between law and society it seems, which is a convenient way to excuse the individual from any personal responsibility as a participating member of society. If the law is the ultimate arbiter of what's considered polite and proper behavior, words, acts and sexual preference, you don't need to make any individual moral choice of your own. You don't need to make any individual effort to show respect, because the law has already dictated that as long as you don't say X,Y, or Z in an A, B or C way, you're not a bad person who's breaching anyone's peace.

"The peace" is only meaningful when the people choose, when they genuinely WANT to keep the peace between them. It is never the law that's keeping the peace, Monte. When you show consideration to other people, assuming you do, you hopefully don't do that because there's a law either demanding that you do, or because a law punishes you for not doing so.
I certainly do keep the peace and show consideration to others because I believe it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately not everybody thinks like that which is why society has to make laws and provide law enforcement officers to ensure that they are followed (or rather, penalise those who do not follow them). In an ideal world there would be no need for laws to make sure we all got on peacefully but as I'm sure you are aware this is not a perfect world.
On the other hand I am reliably informed that there is no such thing as society ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:54 pm

On a completely different note, Monte...

I've watched alot of British TV and movies over the years, and most of them talk about Europe as something "over there", like Americans do. Generally how many Brits (out of ten?) would you say consider Britain to be "Europe"? Most of the "crazy Europe" stories this forum posts, is British, after all (because you both speak English, one assumes).
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Britain is not far behind America on the way down the multi-ethnic shitter. I don't think it does Europeans any favors to include the British Isles at this point.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:59 pm

It's almost as if Italian nationalists don't act in a vacuum..
A 29-year-old Nigerian migrant drug dealer has been arrested by police in the Italian commune of Pollenza after being accused of killing an 18-year-old girl and chopping her into pieces.

The Nigerian, identified as 29-year-old Innocent Oseghale, was arrested earlier this week by Italian Carabinieri after the body of 18-year-old Pamela Mastropietro was found dismembered and dumped on a street with parts of her body stuffed in suitcases, Il Giornale reports.

The Carabinieri in nearby Macerata were able to identify the Nigerian in connection with the murder after examining CCTV footage from the area.

Investigators say that the 18-year-old had been living at a drug addiction recovery centre since October but had suddenly left the centre last Monday. Using a variety of sources, from CCTV footage to witness testimony, they were able to determine that the 29-year-old drug dealer was the last person to see the young woman alive.

Forensic investigators from Rome were dispatched to the residence of the migrant, who was living in Italy on an expired visa. They were able to find clothes belonging to the victim, some of which were soaked with blood.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/02 ... n-migrant/
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm increasingly becoming convinced that people like Monte are running cover for the third world replacements by attempting to censor Whites when they speak their mind.

Has he ever called out for brown third worlders to be censored when they inevitably speak their hatred against Whites? I'm sure he has to some paltry extent. I'm sure he has.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:10 pm

BjornP wrote:On a completely different note, Monte...

I've watched alot of British TV and movies over the years, and most of them talk about Europe as something "over there", like Americans do. Generally how many Brits (out of ten?) would you say consider Britain to be "Europe"? Most of the "crazy Europe" stories this forum posts, is British, after all (because you both speak English, one assumes).
I would say that virtually everyone considers Europe to be ''abroad''. Whilst geographically we are in Europe we are not physically connected to it.
This headline has been used repeatedly over the last 50 years to (rather arrogantly) imply that Europe needs us more than we need them...

In both Great Britain and Ireland, the Continent is widely and generally used to refer to the mainland of Europe. An apocryphal British newspaper headline supposedly once read, "Fog in Channel; Continent Cut Off". It has also been claimed that this was a regular weather forecast in Britain in the 1930s
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:14 pm

I find it interesting that the Euros picked Christian symbology to represent the EU.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
I certainly do keep the peace and show consideration to others because I believe it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately not everybody thinks like that which is why society has to make laws and provide law enforcement officers to ensure that they are followed (or rather, penalise those who do not follow them). In an ideal world there would be no need for laws to make sure we all got on peacefully but as I'm sure you are aware this is not a perfect world.
On the other hand I am reliably informed that there is no such thing as society ;)
I don't believe in a perfect world, nor do I dream of a world where everyone just behaves good without laws. My point is simply that any country should consist more of this:
You wrote:I certainly do keep the peace and show consideration to others because I believe it is the right thing to do.
...than it should consist of laws regulating the right and wrong things. Doesn't mean I support one to the exclusion of the other, but the balance between the two has to be right. Outlawing bad manners, for example, creates a society of where good manners is no longer a question of one individual showing consideration toward another individual. The consideration is showed to an abstract rather than a living, warm, human being. The excat opposite of the intent of making such laws in the first place. But anyway, I've been repeating myself for some time, so I'll just conclude we're of different minds on this one.

..and you're right, of course. There is no society. In fact, I might as well be a spider... :drool:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:23 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I'm increasingly becoming convinced that people like Monte are running cover for the third world replacements by attempting to censor Whites when they speak their mind.

Has he ever called out for brown third worlders to be censored when they inevitably speak their hatred against Whites? I'm sure he has to some paltry extent. I'm sure he has.
Most of my examples have refered to Muslim hate preachers as well as far right racist hate peddlers. I certainly do not think only whites should be subjected to our laws. Whatever colour you are I don't think you should be able to incite hatred against those not like you.
I understand that you see everything in terms of us and them. I try hard to think in terms of a point made in Jo Cox's maiden speech to the house.
"While we celebrate our diversity, what surprises me time and time again as I travel around the constituency is that we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us."

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:25 pm

We supposedly have a policy that prevents this exact kind of thing. If the grievance concerning the legal code can't be remedied with another law it is invalid. Tough shit.

An example would be our 13th amendment which forbids "badges of slavery." Low test scores for blacks can't be remedied by law so this course of jurisprudence that actually is being sought is not valid.

I feel like you yuropoors could learn a thing or two from out justice system. Would censoring free speech stop the hatred? No. It would favor THE FUCKING INVADERS